It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting photo from England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I've done a few searches based on "doughnut" and "Redhill", nothing came up so i am starting this thread to see what people make of this picture.

This seems to be all the information avauilable on the photo

Redhill, Surrey, 24 June, 2010 Location: About South To North Time: 20:08 Message: Observed 2 Shimmering objects from Merstham, (that's about 2 & 1/2 miles north of Redhill), through 10x binocular. Against the background of grey cloud, I could see that cloud was not above the objects...and they appeared brown in colour, doughnut-shaped, brighter on face, reflected off sun although sun was hidden from my view; and I took this picture. I observed them for no longer than 1 minute and I have no idea of their size, speed, or altitude, but estimate they were higher than the local, light aircraft fly at. Have no record of zoom setting on camera, as I wanted to get them both in frame, but they appeared with naked eye, about the same size as photo. They had disappeared before I could take zoomed-in pictures of them separately.

These are the links for the story i found.

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

www.beamsinvestigations.org.uk...

Be interested to see what people think of it. It's a bit different from your usual *fuzzy blob* in the sky.

my apologies if this one has already been discussed but i couldn't find it on a search under the obvious titles..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks so much for the thread! This looks very interesting!

As for the photographs. I have no idea what they could be! They certainly don't look like anything average or natural... I don't know!

I hope to hear other people's opinion!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Someone let go of a bunch of mylar balloons.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I knew it.

The invasion of the spaghettios

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I agree they look like balloons

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

It's a possibility without a doubt, but that doesn't really explain how they vanished so quickly before the person managed another shot of them?Supposing of course, the witness is being honest about the sighting.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yup balloon or Cherios is going on another busness then making cerials.¸

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

FireMoon.....

Thanks for posting those interesting pictures & accompanying report.

On the one hand.....

There could be mylar balloons that look like that. I also note the possible strings as per other members.

On the other hand.....

The witness report of seemingly rapid movement is at odds with the balloon theory.

I guess a balloon can be made to look like anything.....which is not exactly very helpful to all of this.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It's a good observational description. No presumptions or guesses thrown in. It should be pointed out that the description does not include anything about rapid movement, only that they were observed for about a minute.

They could have moved into the shadow of the cloud and become less observable or he could have simply lost track of them. Easy to do with small objects in the sky, especially when trying to view them with the naked eye and through a camera at the same time.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ta Maybe..I'm trying to track down the weather for that area on the 24th of June this year. I'd love to know how low the cloud cover was, that sort of stratus cloud can be as low as 600 feet or so. In fact fog is ground level stratus i do believe.

I'm thinking that, if the cloud was really quite low balloons could slip into the layer fairly quickly indeed and vanish. However, that does beg another question. If the cloud cover was 100%, as it does look similar to in the photos, how come they seem to be reflecting sunlight? The witness states the sun was not visible. The photo was taken at 9-08 pm which, at this time of the year, is about 10 minutes before sunset.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The description is quite plain:

Against the background of grey cloud, I could see that cloud was not above the objects...and they appeared brown in colour, doughnut-shaped, brighter on face, reflected off sun although sun was hidden from my view

From his point of view the objects had cloud as background but they were in sunlight. It was not an overcast. He was viewing them obliquely, not straight overhead.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't think there balloons, I think there legit, I mean theres a strong possibility there balloons and we always have to keep that into consideration, but those would be some funny shaped balloons!

S&F

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers Phage, that's what I'm trying to work out.. what he means by the phrase "although sun was hidden from my view".

I'm guessing here that he was looking East to take the picture so it could mean the sun was behind him, so he couldn't see it. Or it could mean the sun was below his immediate western horizon but still high enough to illuminate anything at height. However if there was 100% cloud cover, at that time, that does beg the question what was being reflected. One thing that i do find a little surprising is this. When the sun is that low the sky , with stratus cloud often takes on a very distinct yellow to golden tinge.

That would place the balloons a lot closer than the cloud cover, which then brings up the question of how they managed to vanish so quickly.

I've done a bit of surfing and the largest mylar golden balloons i can find are 3ft/1 metre in diameter but only 30 inches inflated. .

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage.....

It is always a great pleasure to discuss things with you in this forum!

I agree with the points you have made.

I worded things a little awkwardly. When I used the word "seemingly", I should perhaps have used the word "presumed" or "implied", or something along those lines.

I guess that all in all, I was trying to be as generous as possible to the "non-balloon" position.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

FireMoon.....

I've jumped on here again when I should be working!

Yeah I know.....be strong.....switch off ATS at work.....

Anyway.....

When I log back in again later on, if it still seems that info is pertinent, I will have a look on the off-chance that I can find something that you couldn't.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The big O!

40 inches if you don't mind!

[edit on 5/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
To me it looks like flying golden mushrooms.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'd like to see the original photo before annotation. The sky blends into the background somewhat in the image and possibly makes it appear more fake to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Very interesting images!

Clearly spacecraft interacting together!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOmaster
Very interesting images!

Clearly spacecraft interacting together!

Take a look a the post above where Chadwickus has kindly sent a photo of his large ring.

Is further discussion really necessary?

But if you think they're spacecraft, where are they from? Uranus, perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join