It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems Alex was just the beginning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
NOAA

First was Alex

And now....

Well just check it out for yourselves

Was a little shocked when I saw this, considering the current situation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
At the risk of being one of those people who always tells people that somebody beat them to it....

We're SCROOMED...and it's barely July...

Cryptic title I agree.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It is perfectly normal and natural that "Alex was just the beginning." This is, after all, July.

Mid September is the PEAK of hurricane season. It's a "ramp up" to that peak, then it will be a ramp down to the ending of November 1st.

If you think the potentials were a bit unsettling, realize that it is not that unusual to have three NAMED systems threatening the East Coast and/or Gulf of Mexico at the same time. At one time a couple of years ago, there were FIVE NAMED systems at the same time. Quite a bit more "unsettling" than having four or five weather disturbances with "x" potential of possible development.

But, again, it's JULY. This is perfectly *normal*.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So they are lining up, and have been given a number. Ouch.

It's really not unusual at all this time of year, and we still have weeks to go, so everything is typical, and yet, not at all typical.

They do always bring a certain amount of anxiety with them, and many of them will hopefully fizzle out into tropical depressions and storms, or never fully develop into the big storms.

But this year is so different. Anxiety levels are already alarmingly high, and the last thing needed is a cursed hurricane to aggravate an already grim situation.

Good Lord, I hope not.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On the other thread. Sorry about that, but the title had no meaning to me so I didn't even check it out.

Ok I agree that yes this is normal cyclone activity with the numbers

I just see it as ironic given the ongoing situation that the gulf suddenly after just taking one hit. now seems to be surrounded by them, in what is predicted to be a very active year. At least normally when they form further east to the north of Brazil you could count on few bouncing off into the Atlantic. or heading to us in Mexico.

But this to me at least is odd. 4, FOUR potential systems all clustered around the gulf.

Just seems odd.

But maybe just there IS too much focus on this region. But with everything. Maybe for GOOD reason.

Nothing wrong with a little fore warning.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
On the other thread. Sorry about that, but the title had no meaning to me so I didn't even check it out.

I was the same. I do wish folk would use meaningful titles.

But this to me at least is odd. 4, FOUR potential systems all clustered around the gulf.

Just seems odd.

But maybe just there IS too much focus on this region. But with everything. Maybe for GOOD reason.

Nothing wrong with a little fore warning.

It's not odd. It is disconcerting, but it is not odd.

It seems unusual because we usually aren't looking. Right now we are *looking*. And what's more, we are extrapolating the "what ifs," something else the average non-gulf or non east coaster does not do under more "normal" conditions.

new topics

top topics

join