It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the soul is in the body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So where is my soul in my body? No doubt it is within or close to whatever and wherever the mind is in the body. The mind is the reaction to stimulus, so the soul is obviously the person that experiences these reactions. But how can the soul experience this if it is immaterial? It must not be completely immaterial, there must be a double sided nature to soul, one that is connected to the mind, the ‘heart’ of the mind, and the other perhaps acting like a pilot to the body, somewhat separate from the body. If it was completely separate, it could not feel the body, if it was completely a part of the body, how could it control the body?

Is there any way it can direct itself towards itself? What directs? Again, if it was completely free of the body, it could not control the body, if it was completely part of the body, how could it control it? The will must be the soul. This means the soul can be altered based on desire. Perhaps not immediately, but momentarily, like a gradual evolution, where a ‘soul’ or person likes one thing, then their likes changes and they like another, it’s almost as if their soul is changing slightly with their desires. So either we desire things that are good or bad, each desire affects our soul.
How does this relate to God? The part of the soul that is somewhat detached from the body must be also somewhat attached to God. If it was completely attached to God, it could not be connected to body, and if it was completely unattached to God, it would just be body. If the soul was simply body, it would be no different than a rock. And a body with a mind but not a soul would have awareness that has no medium or person to experience these feelings. Things would be felt, but not felt by anyone.
So the soul is part body, part God, with the mind in between. That would mean our true self beyond the body is God, and our limitation is in body. This would mean that we are connected to body in order to have awareness of both life and God, and perhaps we can use this life to gain knowledge of God so that the soul may not always be attached to the body but could somehow break free of body and reside with God. Because if the soul controls the body, it must be superior to it.
What would life be like as a soul completely attached to God? It can not be imagined or conceived, but if God is the principle of all life, it must be superior to the known universe. So either way, closeness to God must be a good thing.
So the more we desire physical things, the more our soul becomes attached to material objects. The more we desire God (the principle of life), the more our soul comes close to the origin of life.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: IMO the soul is like the electromagnetic field that surrounds a ferromagnetic material. This field is a natural result of the focused alignment [sin=sine=angles=attitude] of the basic constituents of the magnet. When the basic constiuents no longer agree with each other [lack of focus= sinning against each other] the field is weakened to such a level as to become ineffective. I hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: IMO the soul is like the electromagnetic field that surrounds a ferromagnetic material. This field is a natural result of the focused alignment [sin=sine=angles=attitude] of the basic constituents of the magnet. When the basic constiuents no longer agree with each other [lack of focus= sinning against each other] the field is weakened to such a level as to become ineffective. I hope that helps!

while I don't understand all the technical terms it is an interesting idea to think of it as an electromagnetic field. My only problem with that is if the soul is simply a physical phenomenon, how is it that it never short circuits (except of course at death). Like you never are just walking down the street and then all of a sudden say "hey, my programming just short wired" (unless you are on drugs, then it happens all the time).

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Are you saying the EM is the soul? If so that would lead to problems in the AI industrys. Also are you saying anything that has an EM field has a soul?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Are you saying the EM is the soul? If so that would lead to problems in the AI industrys. Also are you saying anything that has an EM field has a soul?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Your pineal gland, third eye, the brain part of you contains yourself. You're interfacing with this software suit a little akin to the way avatar the movie showed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Explanation: St*r for you!

Hmmm? The sudden short circuiting of the soul looks like this...

[Cautionary WARNING! Link is to youtube video showing the unfortunate passing of M. N. Vijayan "LIVE" (no longer "live" on both counts
) on t.v. from a heart attack! Not gory but could be considered quite disturbing! Watch at your OWN risk ok! Oh and pls
if this breaches T&C's.]

Sudden Short Circuiting of a Soul [youtube]

Personal Disclosure: If ones soul short circuited and there was/is no afterlife then one would not be cognizent of that issue at all!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Explanation: St*r for you!

Not EM but the EM "field" is a YES!

As for AI having problems with it, well that doesn't make it my problem and why should I care about AI's problems when real I's [i.e. intelligences] have unsolved problems that are far more pressing?

Personal Disclosure: An electron interacts with the rest of the universe and this requires two way communication across all scales. If something can communicate and be communicated to, then doesn't that meet the minimum burden of proof requirements for being conscious and therefor posseses a SOUL??? Quantum mechanical effects have PROVED the electron KNOWS when "WE" observe it and it changes its apparent actions to suit its needs as required... Just like we do!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ancient teachings say only part of the people have a soul and it is only a spark or like a piece of coal that needs to be changed to gold or perfected. This is done by riding ourselves of the programing provided by our governments, traditons, religions, family, etc. We must work on ourselves, rid ourselves of the programing and become real.

Boris Moraiveiff wrote of this more plainly than previous authors including Gurdjieff , Ouspensky and the Alchemists. His volume of books are titled 'Gnosis'. He does have a christian slant.

But the location of the soul, as I recall is never mentioned. Personally, I think of it located totally outside ourselves just as our spirit.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The EM field arises from Neural processing in the brain. So we need a brain before a EM field. So if that is the case, souls are made, and have not always existed? The heart to is what makes the EM field.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

S&F from me - this is the sort of thing I wish people discussed more. It's the elephant in the room, so to speak.

I don't really have any answers, but I do have a bunch more questions.

Like, if the soul is some non-acting entity composed of pure experience superimposed on top of what is basically an inanimate machine (and depending on whom you ask, possibly a direct result/equivalence of the machine existing and running). If this is true, then how can we be talking about it? We ask a question like "does the color red appear the same to all people?", but asking a question is a physical act; thus our "pure experience" spirit must have actually exerted some sort of influence on the "data" stored in our brains.

Things that make you go WTF.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I always found this interesting.

www.aetherometry.com...

The second attempt at a theory of a dynamic Aether was Wilhelm Reich's theory of orgone energy (1940- 1957). Reich's approach lay the foundations for a (micro)functionalist treatment of physico-mathematical quantities and processes, but failed to generate a consistent method capable of successfully distinguishing gravitational and electromagnetic interactions and properties, from 'orgonotic' and massfree interactions or properties. Reich's exclusive assimilation of massfree properties to 'orgone energy' prevented him from realizing the difference between electric and nonelectric manifestations of the Aether as a primary form of massfree energy. This left his followers mired in the premature identification of Aether with orgone. Moreover, only late in his investigation did Reich begin to realize that what he called Orgone energy was no different from what Tesla thought was the "aether electric radiation". The theory of the orgone remained prisoner of these shortcomings, and the premature death or murder of W. Reich damned its continuation and consistent development.

www.aetherometry.com...

Other authors have spoken of a reality akin in some respects to the aetherometric claim of the existence of massfree (ambipolar) charges: Tesla spoke of 'nonordinary electricity', 'primary electricity', 'ether electricity', 'longitudinal electric waves distinct from electromagnetic radiation', manifestations that have fallen under the rubric of Tesla waves or Tesla radiation; Reich spoke of his massfree orgone energy and orgone charges; Cerenkov spoke of a pilot or phase wave that transmitted 'potential', or its 'envelope', at speeds greater than c, but did not transport electromagnetic energy; Maximo Aucci and Thomas Bearden have described massless electrons associated with longitudinal electric field propagation; Harold Aspden has described cosmological charges that escape the constraints of mass-based relativity, as elements of a dynamic Aether of space. – Encyclopedi Nomadica

This leads us directly to propose a basic ambipolar radiation structure to the photon signatures characteristic of the basic layers of the atmosphere, and correlate these layers to critical transition processes in the allotropic cycle. Our findings indicate that the aetherochemical and physical processes underlying this cycle play the most fundamental role in structuring the layers of terrestrial atmosphere. Finally, as the most poignant example of the previous statement, we note that the blue light emanating from the last chemical step in the specific formation of water, occurs very near the ambipolar solar radiation mode we have discovered, and indicates how its dominant atmospheric role in producing a blue sky (azure) is the result of an aether electric resonance in the process of water formation. – “Determination of the OR and DOR energies, frequencies and wavelengths driving the atmospheric allotropic cycle of oxygen, ozone and water”: Abstracts of ABRI AS2-17B

Indeed, the interaction of orgone or ambipolar electric radiation with the atmosphere is not limited to the release of 'latent heat'. It is also the same interaction that generates blackbody photon spectra - one for electrons and one for baryons, beginning with protons. These spectra merge, one with the other, which is why physicists have still not managed to distinguish them as distinct blackbody spectra, but the photon distributions produced are as distinct as a baryon is distinct from a lepton. Their electromagnetic blackbody spectra are also distinct in the atmosphere. In the azure of the blue sky we see the predominant mode of solar massfree electric radiation as it interacts with electrons. Physicists may today refer to this solar mode as THE mode of the solar blackbody spectrum - but it is, in fact, only the main photon mode released from electrons, just as there is a main photon mode released from protons at much lower electromagnetic frequencies. – The basic problems in Reich’s theory of the ORAC anomalies and the trajectory of the aetherometric solutions.

Perhaps the soul is some form of massless energy? That we cannot measure/detect??

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have pondered, prayed and meditated on the nature of the soul as well as its relationship to the body much in my life. One of my first post here was called The Soul's Relationship to the Body.

I will reiterate some of the ideas from it with more that encompass my personal theory/belief.

I have come to believe the body is a temple, machine and antenna. The soul is an isolated bit of the source/God. It is separated from the source upon creation to experience all possible situations, circumstances and forms of existence. The body houses the soul and isolates it from the rest of the world and other life. The soul itself is essentially a frequency. It is shaped through life via our actions, thoughts, intentions, words etc.

I believe that the soul is housed in the body entirely, possibly spread in a manner concurrent with the concept of chakras, however I have come to believe that the pineal glad is highly critical in connecting the isolated individual soul and the source. I believe that when death comes, the brain in its entirety utilizes the pineal glad in the 'download' or final transmission back to the source. The body is designed in such a way that when the brain detects death it activates the process of increased and concentrated energy both bio-electrical as well as bio-chemical. Some people via drugs, prayer, meditation etc have the ability to open this channel while keeping the body grounded to life.

In my aforementioned thread, I discussed how this theory would mean that sudden traumatic injury might prevent this transmission process and result in the soul frequency or energy being absorbed into the general environment.

This theory of the soul and body that I have, incorporates what I have come to believe as truths, found in most religion and spirituality.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

[Cautionary WARNING! Link is to youtube video showing the unfortunate passing of M. N. Vijayan "LIVE" (no longer "live" on both counts
) on t.v. from a heart attack! Not gory but could be considered quite disturbing! Watch at your OWN risk ok! Oh and pls
if this breaches T&C's.]

Sudden Short Circuiting of a Soul [youtube]

Translation:

Interviewer - "I bet you can't divide by zero"
M. N. Vijayan - "I'll bet you 5 rupees that I can"
Interviewer - "You're on"
M. N. Vijayan - [laughs] "Okay give me a moment to work this out in my head"

*brain short-circuits*

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is just a stab in the dark. Just my idea:

If the chakras exist, then I would imagine the soul would be close to or in them. Notice how the chakras aren't in the limbs. Needless to say, a person can live without limbs, but once you start cutting into where these supposed chakras are, it's a done deal.

Hmmm....

[edit on 7/4/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Explanation: Not quite!

The EM field is inherent in ALL atoms! In fact it i.e the EM field and all other fields mediated by force carrying bosons, is/are UNIVERSAL! Please show me otherwise if I am wrong OK!

[HINT!: search for the word atom OK!
]

Electromagnetic radiation [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Both God and the Universe are the same thing! Omnipresence and all that Jazz!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The pineal gland is supposed to be the seat of the soul. It is exactly the interplay of where soul meets matter that causes the magic to happen. A sort of crud analogy is the spark plug. When you run an electrical current (soul) through a spark plug (matter) this creates the fire the drives the engine.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hindu texts say that it is in your heart and is the size of your thumb. I have this vision of a cord of energy with one end plugged into THE Creator and the other into this biological vehicle we call the body. I do have another feeling that we are swimming in Divine energy.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nowhere. Look at one of Bruce Lipton's presentation. He explains biologically why we are not inside our body.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

S&F from me - this is the sort of thing I wish people discussed more. It's the elephant in the room, so to speak.

I don't really have any answers, but I do have a bunch more questions.

Like, if the soul is some non-acting entity composed of pure experience superimposed on top of what is basically an inanimate machine (and depending on whom you ask, possibly a direct result/equivalence of the machine existing and running). If this is true, then how can we be talking about it? We ask a question like "does the color red appear the same to all people?", but asking a question is a physical act; thus our "pure experience" spirit must have actually exerted some sort of influence on the "data" stored in our brains.

Things that make you go WTF.

Which is why the Soul is part body, part spirit. If it was completely body, it could not control the body, if it was completely immaterial, it could not sense or interact with the body.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join