It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Me? Worry! Make Mistakes? I'll get back to you....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
President Bush was asked to name a mistake that he has made since taking office and what he has learned from it.

Bush looked stumped but said he would get back ���� and answer the question.

Now that was at a prime time press conference on April 13 this year, still there�s no answer to the question. Did it possibly slip his mind?

Well, lets give him the benefit of the doubt but lets help OUR President out and see if we can point to some of his ���less stellar moments of less then perfect decisions.

I�ll go first and name but a few (There are so many to choose from�.. just where a person starts???????????) So here goes, I�ll start; you fill in the one�s I miss:

Ignored plans drawn up by the Army War College and other war-planning agencies, which predicted most of the worst security and infrastructure problems US faced in the Iraq occupation.
www.carlisle.army.mil...
www.theatlantic.com...

Under-funding No Child Left Behind
edworkforce.house.gov...

Making a case for war which ignored intelligence that there were no Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.
www.commondreams.org...
www.cia.gov...

. Breaking his campaign pledge to increase the size of Pell grants.
www.pbs.org...

Deriding "nation-building" during the 2000 debates, then engaging American troops in one of the most explicit instances of nation building in American history.
(www.boston.com...)
www.rand.org...

Focusing on missile defense at the expense of counterterrorism prior to 9/11.
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.americanprogress.org...

Reducing resources and troop levels in Afghanistan and out before it was fully secure.
www.washingtonpost.com...
quote.bloomberg.com...

Denying documents to the 9/11 commission, only relenting after the commissioners threatened a subpoena.
(query.nytimes.com...)

There�s a few for starters. Can you help out our President and add some more?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
All the press conferences that Bush gives to the press are funny. He struggles to speak and gets angry.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The one that sticks out in my mind is claiming he met Chalabai once at the State of the Union Address. When Chalabai hadn't been shunned by the gov. yet, he said he met with him in the Oval Office. Claiming to be a conservative...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I like these myself����

www2.warnerbros.com...

www.praesentia.us...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo
All the press conferences that Bush gives to the press are funny. He struggles to speak and gets angry.

I always find it ironic that the people who are quick to jump on President Bush often do so for utterly ridiculous reasons.
So he's not a remarkable public speaker. Clearly, that's going to have some effect on his ability to think or lead the free world. If you're going to make an attack, at least attack his policies. Then, perhaps, you'd add some crediblity and maybe even something resembling sense to what you say.

Of course he becomes angry. We live in a world, today, that does not have any limits. He has every right to become angry, and as far as I'm concerned - and as far as many, many people are concerned - there is quite a bit to be angry about. I don't mean to wax atrocity at you, but if you are not angry, then you are not thinking.
There are people in the world who, given the chance, would kill you. They are people who do not care if you are for Kerry or Bush, Left or Right, conservative or liberal. They don't care if you're a democrat or a republican, Jewish or Christian. They would kill you simply for being American, and for no other reason than this.

I'm sure that you support John Kerry. He seems like the sharpest tool in the shed, eh? So apparently it's ok for him to go back and forth on most everything....Might I remind you, Kerry supported No Child Left Behind, then reneged, and then supported it again.
The same goes for the Iraq War, a fauxpas which he attempted (pathetically) to cover up with some ridiculous statement along the lines of "I voted for the Iraq War, but didn't expect us to actually go to war." Oh, because clearly, voting for something is indicative of such an action not happening.
Please.
Don't throw the leftist claptrap at me, or at anyone else who actually agrees with the steps being taken by President Bush. He has made his share of mistakes, and I will concede to that. But you are sorely, sorely mistaken if you believe that John "Hanoi" Kerry or Ralph "Unsafe at Any Speed" Nader will suddenly be the nation's panacea. They will, rather, demonstrate to the world that America is giving in to the terrorist factions which exist around the world...Perhaps a triviality when you want more museums and libraries built, but there is a very real, very evident danger which, thus far, Bush has managed to stave off.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Too bad Bush can't protect us from John Ashcroft! Thats my big prob, but I should save that for the mudpit...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry.............folks like you voted for him.................sorry you got stuck with a turkey and one has to go to absurdity in defending him............

Face it. He's an embarrassment to this country and has broken almost everything he said/promised to get elected/appointed to the job.

He proved who he really is.............let's move on. You really can change your mind and admit lots of folks made a mistake��.no one�s going to hold it against you.

You know in your heart, he�s nothing but a screw up who never grew up and plays fast and loose with the truth�����..

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
Sorry.............folks like you voted for him.................sorry you got stuck with a turkey and one has to go to absurdity in defending him............

Face it. He's an embarrassment to this country and has broken almost everything he said/promised to get elected/appointed to the job.

He proved who he really is.............let's move on. You really can change your mind and admit lots of folks made a mistake��.no one�s going to hold it against you.

You know in your heart, he�s nothing but a screw up who never grew up and plays fast and loose with the truth�����..

Oh, please.
Save me from your bleeding heart liberal sentiments. It has nothing to do with realisation, and it has everything to do with recognising what is truly necessary to keep our country running. You, in your skewed perception and mindless meanderings, seem to think that by taking a soft line against peopel who quite literally want to destroy America...what does that achieve? Goodness.

How is Johny Kerry not an embarassment to the USA? Come on, Mr. Waffle himself can't seem to take his own fight in an argument. Or Ralph Nader, who seems to just have an insatiable appetite for his own narcissism? ...Please. Both of these folks are power-hungry softies who aren't going to do anything for America. They are benign tumors on the nation.
And, if you're going to wax enthusiastic about how people like "me" voted for Bush...Frankly, this is the first election I can even vote in. However, I am far more versed in politics than nearly anyone else I know, and if you yourself can't surmise that it is not only stupd, but literally dangerous to be supporting these soft-line, wishy-washy liberals....Well, it's your own bed to lie in.

And, now, for the ad homonim attack:
Suffice to say, someone (such as yourself) who does not even demonstrate even a superficialy grammatical knowledge of English...I have more than a few qualms about your political viewpoints. Do you find it difficult to walk and breathe at the same time, as well? You've not even supported your flimsy excuse for an 'argument' with much more than a few ellipses and lack of punctuation.
Because, of course, using a comma supports Bush.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
gmcnulty,

I just wanted you to know that I have hired
James Earl Jones as my ATS thread assistant.

Every time I read one of your posts,
I have him Read your SIG out loud to me.

He really has a deep voice, and it lends credence to whatever you
say!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I think you have the wrong guy, the one this qoute fits is being talked about on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/15/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If you wish to dialogue with me lets get a few things straight:

1. Don�t tell me who I am, what I believe in or how I feel���You have no way of knowing (unless I tell you after you ask) nor do you have any right to do so���So knock it off.
2. If you want to make assertions i.e. John Kerry is a �Mr. Waffle�. And while you�re at it: Explain exactly what a �Mr. Waffle� is and why you see it as being something negative.
3. And what Mr. Nader�s name included in you �missive� has anything to do with what I previously posted.
4. And if you DO have all this political knowledge, how is it you fail to demonstrate it or call upon your �vast knowledge� of the subject you can�t provide some cogent examples in support of what you assert rather then employing name calling and personal denigration (if I might note, it�s the lowest form of fallacious argument and most often only employed by those who are fact/knowledge challenged)
5. How can you say/imply anyone who does not support Bush vis-�-vis others are stupid and or dangerous? And do you even have any idea of what Kerry�s policies even are and then � how they might be dangerous? So far all you have is unsupported assertions - And rather outrageous ones, if I may add.
6. If you wish to go one on one with me, do try to develop and use your own thoughts and not the ones that folks like RUSH and the folks over a FAUX told you to believe. OK!
7. And finally�����.the �grammar police argument� is really not acceptable net etiquette. And can only be used when is free from error��..it�s the speck and log thingie ���.like in the Bible.

Now for starters, I am a conservative. Always was and still am. Most folks today have no idea of what being a conservative means and use the political classification as a cover for something most often socially unacceptable ����Look at Mr. Bush! He says he�s a conservative. No, he�s not. I have no idea of what he is but he is no conservative by any stretch���..

Now if you want to abide by those rules I will entertain engaging you.

Let�s start with you demonstrating to me why Mr. Kerry is a �flip-flopper� and tell us why it�s such a negative quality.

But I must warn you������you�re in dangerous water cause you�re taking on someone way out of your capacity to keep up with����..Just a fair warning. And if you choose not to engage, I�ll understand.

Balls in your court, sweetie � hit it or take it home.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well there's an answer...............rather expensive but who am I to tell you how to spend your money.

I hope you find it helpful............

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
gmcnulty,

"if you wish to dialog with me...blah blah.."

How much vacation time do you have for those extended ego trips you take?

You ask Mauskov, to defend his arguments, yet you don't want him to use any possible news sources. Or you are selective about the ones he CAN use.
A convenient win-win for you.

How do you develop your own thoughts, if you don't use sources of information?

And, if you could please point us in a direction, where Kerry's policies are clearly stated?

"throwing that dam ball over the fence"

A Flip Flop from slate:

Flip: In October 2002, Kerry voted for the Iraq war resolution sought by Bush. Kerry voted against an alternative that would have authorized force only if the U.N. Security Council sanctioned it. The resolution Kerry supported stated, "The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to � defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq."

Flop: Soon after voting for the resolution, Kerry expressed dismay over the march to war. He said he wouldn't "support the president to proceed unilaterally" and consistently criticized administration policy leading up to the invasion.

Context: Kerry often said Iraq was a looming threat that had to be dealt with. He believed an invasion, done properly, would be sound policy. He insisted that Bush should "exhaust all possible remedies" to avert unilateral war, but he also said, "American security must never be ceded to any institution or to another institution's decision." That was why he voted against the alternative Iraq resolution. In the days leading up to the war, Kerry was unclear as to whether he would support an invasion without a U.N. Security Council resolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
gmcnulty,

"if you wish to dialog with me...blah blah.."

Um.. gmcnulty is no more.... He has joined the Colonel in the great ATS afterlife.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Really?

Darn..

Did someone return his balls?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Um.. gmcnulty is no more.... He has joined the Colonel in the great ATS afterlife.

Geez, another one. Is there some sort of ATS Patriot Act going on?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ok Back on topic,

Thanks Asala

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If you wish to dialogue with me lets get a few things straight:

Don�t tell me who I am, what I believe in or how I feel���You have no way of knowing (unless I tell you after you ask) nor do you have any right to do so���So knock it off.

Because, obviously, it's not apparent enough from what You've said against Bush. Who are you supporting, then? I figure it was an accurate deduction to make.

If you want to make assertions i.e. John Kerry is a �Mr. Waffle�. And while you�re at it: Explain exactly what a �Mr. Waffle� is and why you see it as being something negative.

To "waffle" on something means to go back and forth, and to not have anything resembling a decisive opinion. Fairly accurate description of Mr. John Kerry.

And if you DO have all this political knowledge, how is it you fail to demonstrate it or call upon your �vast knowledge� of the subject you can�t provide some cogent examples in support of what you assert rather then employing name calling and personal denigration (if I might note, it�s the lowest form of fallacious argument and most often only employed by those who are fact/knowledge challenged)

What information would you like factually backed up? I'll be more than happy to provide the information, dearest gm.

How can you say/imply anyone who does not support Bush vis-�-vis others are stupid and or dangerous? And do you even have any idea of what Kerry�s policies even are and then � how they might be dangerous? So far all you have is unsupported assertions - And rather outrageous ones, if I may add.

I can say it very easily: It is dangerous to have anyone but Bush in the white house, right now (and looking at the contenders). Anyone who thinks different is sorely mistaken: No one else in the campaign will take a hard line against international terrorism. Kerry, who is the most viable candidate outside of Bush, is most likely going to open the world up to a slew of attacks.. I do have any idea of what Kerry's policies are, in fact - I'd venture to say - I know them better than I even know Bush's.

6. If you wish to go one on one with me, do try to develop and use your own thoughts and not the ones that folks like RUSH and the folks over a FAUX told you to believe. OK!

Fair enough for me to say that I'm not simply regurgitating what "conservative" voices may 'want' me to say. Get real. What I say is surmised from my own real-world experience, and from facts gathered from all over the place...That is, various left and right sources.

Now for starters, I am a conservative. Always was and still am. Most folks today have no idea of what being a conservative means and use the political classification as a cover for something most often socially unacceptable ����Look at Mr. Bush! He says he�s a conservative. No, he�s not. I have no idea of what he is but he is no conservative by any stretch���.

And how, pray tell, is Bushie not a conservative? ...Enlighten men

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That sounds suspiciously like a certain Anthony Blair esq.

isn't it interesting that both the UK and the US have administrations who seem determined to ride roughshod over the the people who put them in power ?

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
.......And years after Bush stills stutters, and gets angry when he is confronted by the media.

THE END.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join