It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military plans hummingbird-sized spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nano Aerial Vehicle will help soldiers fighting in crowded urban areas

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Soldiers fighting future battles in crowded urban areas will be able to launch hummingbird-sized unmanned nano aerial vehicles — or NAVs — capable of carrying sophisticated sensors and flying through open windows in buildings to report back on enemy positions.

This is very cool, as long as they are only used for military and law enforcement purposes. Unfortunately all of us know that as soon as these are able to be fielded, they will be, most likely on the public. Big Brother is watching you. This is getting worse and worse everyday, and more of our "freedoms" are being taken away.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
haha. very funny. They won't last long in my neighborhood. We have a lot of hawks!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
think swarms of thermite termites ..
in one ear and out the other.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Just what we don't need is more technology to be abused by big brother.

I can see the potential benefits to this, but unfortunately I think this will be yet another 'tool' that will wind up being abused more and more as the alphabet agencies track more and more of our daily lives.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I hope the DEA doesnt get a hold of these, a fly swatter should take care of em though

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to somebody here getting their hands on one of these little drones and turning the spying back on the government and military. That would be something to see.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MillionEyedMask
I'm looking forward to somebody here getting their hands on one of these little drones and turning the spying back on the government and military. That would be something to see.

true..catch a few and re-program them...and let them loose in the white house or the houses of parliament..

new topics

top topics

join