It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and the human race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It’s not the evolution of man but Earth. The egocentric are blind beyond their nose, Pinocchio could see farther than others but even he succumbed to losing sight for a chance to be human. We are not special. We are a plague determined to overcome and destroy the host body. Earth’s HIV. Blood boils a purification of Earth’s waters.

Maybe Earth is releasing oil into its veins to reach that perfect balance of toxicity where the viruses die and the body can heal. Right, as if Earth were a intelligent being. As if humans were intelligent beings.

If the universe were created where did motion come from? Planets revolve around atomical stars, electrons revolve around the nucleus like fire flies in jars. Everything can be made meaningless with the simplest of terms, but simpler things are made meaningful by the simplest of minds.

Pop culture, rock culture, nothing more than lab cultures; cells to be studied, each cell with similar structure and properties. Many are amazed Earth contains life, I am amazed at the millions of planets that don’t. [I almost changed don’t to do not thinking it would be more formal. Then I took a look at the entire previous sentence underlined in green. I do not fit Microsoft’s mold.]

Humans cannot be evolving. We are increasing our dependencies effectively decreasing our survivability outside of ideal laboratory conditions. Gasoline, electricity, electronic money, cellular technology, the Internet. Remove these and a human being could not survive today. Most would not survive a day. I am picturing Katrina, all the humans who did as they were told and flocked like cattle to wherever they were told and sat there in their own # and filth while they were forgotten. Police patrolled the streets to take care of the few who thought for themselves so even they had no success.

Human population has grown to such large numbers one life has become insignificant. I will not be insignificant. Those who specialize are rewarded with money and cursed with no survivability. An individual’s worth is measured in their ability to learn a task and how well they perform it to the benefit of the human race.

Note: This was nothing more than a free write.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would like an explanation to this:

If we are said to have evolved from apes, why are there still apes on the planet and what did they evolve from.

And if we were apes way back when, what were the apes of today back then when we were apes?

Do you ever see people resembling apes or having ape like characteristics?
Do we act in any way like apes? Do we act like evolved apes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

I am not a scientist and have no definitive answers of my own. Are humans evolved apes? That is something my head can believe to be possible. But the farther back the evolutionary chain I go, the less probable I see it all being. It's probably just to complex for my mind. Maybe 2 million years ago there were a bunch of semi-intelligent fish who asked the same question, wondering if they were really descendants of amoebas.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

I'd like to respond to this point!

If we are said to have evolved from apes, why are there still apes on the planet and what did they evolve from.

Today's Apes and today's humans evolved from a common ancestor. We didn't evolve from the apes that exist today.

Do you ever see people resembling apes or having ape like characteristics?
Do we act in any way like apes? Do we act like evolved apes.

I think we do! I used to have a wonderful youtube video in my favorites, but I don't have it anymore. I'll try to find it again. It's quite good!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

How about cyborgs whose their Very Life and Deaths are Extremly overdependent on Technology?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hadn't considered them until you mentioned it. While cyborgs as you call them, offer more enhanced senses and strength than a traditional body, the increased dependence is a step backwards. I think the ultimate ideal of evolution is to create a less dependent and more resilliant organism.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i love that ?....why are apes still here if we evolved from them.......well its not that we evolved from them but a common ancestor.......and apes can survive in their environment so mother nature decided to keep them around.......even tho we are natures top dawg......at least so far

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JTpirate

Well, I guess I will have to argue that we are not top dogs, but that nature is. We are at the whim of tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes and it seems the Earth is increasing its activity to remove the human infection. We are parasites and bodies have ways to deal with parasites. I wouldn't be surprised if Earth was purposefully leaking oil into its oceans to contaminate a necessary block for human's existence. Earth can survive with contaminated water, humans cannot.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Whilst the pace of human evolution varies from moment to moment, person to person and culture to culture, be assured that we are evolving. The ripples of energy we were 10 years ago or even 1 minute ago are not the same ripples of energy we are in this moment. Our cells are constantly dying and being reborn, with the exception of cancer cells which refuse to embrace death for the sake of survival of the organism as healthy cells do. In this way the choices that some humans on the planet make with regard to their own evolution can be likened to the behavior of cancer cells in the body, refusing to let go of outdated belief structures and allowing new ones to be born for the benefit of humanity and the planet. Our very survival may depend on our ability to embrace death...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Saul of Tarsus

By evolving, I guess I mean more that humans are not bringing about changes that increase their survivability. Many of the changes I see are evidence of devolving. An increased reliance on things that we as a race have created is not a change for the better.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by Saul of Tarsus

By evolving, I guess I mean more that humans are not bringing about changes that increase their survivability. Many of the changes I see are evidence of devolving. An increased reliance on things that we as a race have created is not a change for the better.

I understand. The evolution I am referring to is spiritual as opposed to manifest. By continuing to ask the question, "Who am I?", we eventually reach the origin of manifest reality. This is where miracles in manifest reality can occur (witnessed as evolutionary leaps). Many Blessings

new topics

top topics

join