It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create and express 1 simple idea, or philosophy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

i like your idea! using the natural competitive spirit to increase love and positive vibes in the world.

but why not just everyone who wants to try rather than christians?
if it happened, i'd want to sign up right away but i'd still not want to be a christian even just in name!

we've all got the potential of agape love in us - Aleister Crowley held the same ideal but definitely was NOT christian or anything close to it. i think of agape love as "love is an action, love is a choice."

i don't just like your idea, i LOVE it!

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit

And lastly, since everything is provided by the earth "free of charge", I'd like to see money and its concept be eradicated.
(...)
And let's not forget we can now build robots to do really dirty, dangerous jobs.

And objects should now be built to last.

i whole-heartedly agree!
money has no purpose in and of itself.
it causes so many imbalances and problems.
it engenders much of the fear in this world because so many worry all their lives about not having enough, and other various negative financial scenarios!
without money, no life would ever be wasted, i don't think!

i also like the parenting class idea. i've thought about that and i thought that if we have to get a license to operate a motor vehicle, we ought to have to be licensed to bring life into the world and make sure it contributes to rather than deteriorates the life of the world!

reply to post by Greensage

W
W

i am blown away by your dazzling idea - it is one of the best ideas i've ever heard to make our world a better place. if not THE best.

i am going to follow your example and start planting trees for all occasions in my family!

i know they are living beings, too - i was thinking about how we can truly do without cutting down trees for any reason. anything we get from harvesting trees we can get from other sources, like hemp. and we absolutely do NOT have to have houses built of wood!

there's nothing we get from a dead tree that is more valuable or beneficial than what we get from living trees: LIFE itself!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by NorEaster

i like your idea! using the natural competitive spirit to increase love and positive vibes in the world.

but why not just everyone who wants to try rather than christians?
if it happened, i'd want to sign up right away but i'd still not want to be a christian even just in name!

we've all got the potential of agape love in us - Aleister Crowley held the same ideal but definitely was NOT christian or anything close to it. i think of agape love as "love is an action, love is a choice."

i don't just like your idea, i LOVE it!

I guess I didn't realize that I was restricting it to Christians. They're just what I'm used to, so I used them as an example. Yeah, this idea would give folks something good to fight over. Agape love is definitely not something that the Christians have a corner on. Average pagans are more capable of it than average Evangelicals are, if past is prologue.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I forgot to ask one of the most idealistic questions for this post,

What is the first step you need to take today in order to in-act this change today?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join