It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another way to look at Sumerian tablet......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

so instead of saying they are planets.......what if its an atom with electrons orbiting it...........also if they are planets......why is there one so far away from the others.......look to the right in between the seated man and guy in front of him.....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well the speculation is that it's one of those rogue planets the 2012 crowd is so big on. Trying to decipher these though is much like trying to translate Shakespeare into modern vernacular. It just doesn't work out to well. It's fun to speculate though.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JTpirate

First, you have to understand that the Mesopotamian peoples classified "planets" differently than us. They could see, and trace only the orbits of Sol/sun, Luna/moon, Jupiter and Venus in the night sky. Yet they believed all of these were of the same substance. Sun, Moon, Venus, Jupiter were all "gods" moving around above the dome that was the sky.

So, if they represent planets then the Sumerians knew of 12 planets in our solar system (including the runaway dot between the King and his Astrologer-priest). As far as I know our solar system only contains the following planets:

• Mercury
• Venus
• Earth
• Mars
• Jupiter
• Saturn
• Uranus
• Neptune

As well as the proto-planet:

• Pluto

And the luminous sphere:

• Luna

Which the Mesopotamian people considered to be another heavenly sphere. This totals only 10.

Additionally, the Mesopotamian people believed in the planet Nibiru, which was their deity Marduk who hurtled through space to come and annihilate the goddess Tiamat every time she rose to attack us. This would represent the sphere floating in the middle of nowhere.

Bringing us to a grand-total of 11 "planets".

Finally, some historical evidence suggests that the Mesopotamian people believed our sun was actually a dual-star, meaning a second sun was hiding behind it. This second sun would equate with 12 "spheres" being present floating around the central "sun" - which the Mesopotamian peoples believed was their deity Utu.

That is one way to analyze the art. Our sun, surrounded by it's second sun, and 10 other planets, with Nibiru floating ever-closer to us.

The atomic structure theory is also interesting. However, the same problem occurs. What is the "run away electron" representing in the atomic structure?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Or what if the dots symbolize neighboring "city states" that owe fealty to Sumer? (You know, like the stars on the US flag.)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ya i understand the planet thing.....and i was thinking to that the electrons would have to be all but one of them paired and in a shell and sub shells......the city thing is a good thought as well.......

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

hey there I read your post twice... maybe I misread, or don't understand (in my defence I've just woken up
) but I seem to see The main 'Sun' surrounded by a halo (which I'm presuming is your second sun) which, then, is surrounded by eleven 'planets'.. then between the two dudes is another 'planet'. These are all circled in red in the pic here:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7d711ff07de.jpg[/atsimg] The dots in the green circles are not as orb-ish, but may be questionable here.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Mornin' Jimjolnir,

I confess I don't quite see the 'halo' that you mention encapsulating the sun. Do you mean the triangular rays going all around it? If so, I believe that those are just the rays of the sun.

Mesopotamian culture didn't always depict all of their stars/planets as amorphous blobs. Several deities wear crowns of the stars, and these crowns are always emitting brilliant beams of light in the form of modern pentagrams, hexagrams, and 8-sided stars too.

If the 'halo' you speak of is in fact just the points circling the central sun, then I believe it is just their depiction of the sun lighting the Universe.

I've noticed the 3 other small blobs many times before. I don't, however, have any explanation for them. Two of them look as if they may be connected to the King's royal staff, and one might just be a blemish from ware-and-tear over time. Maybe.

That's about the best I can present concerning those.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

join