It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants really were really giants.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Found this video while surfing the net. Anyone have any info concerning the story?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I believe we had many races in that period (Golden Age)....hell we had all kind of E.Ts walking the Earth back then, not only Giants. I do not care what others said, BUT what really interested me is that how they all extinct.....and if there were a few survivors, where are they now?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

More than interesting, mind blowing!

Where are they now? We can only speculate they did not go extinct, completely. If its true all planets are hollow, then that would be a good place to start looking, or, we can wait until there is a official release from the NSA. Im not holding my breath........

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Thats how I keep an opened mind
prepared for the unexpected

I am not obsessive, I do not research, I do not mention to others about this in a conversation, BUT I do believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Its tough to keep this type of subject out of conversations because you know deep inside they all deserve the truth at minimum. I suppose it has something to do with free will, who really has it if you are continually being fed BS in your life. Who can make a honest educated choice in their life if what ever it is, is based in hog wash??

I don't know, maybe I just care too much about the world, and too little about myself. Then i ask myself, would the world be a better place because of me, or worse without. Then it comes to me the "ripples". Who ever, what ever, we do has a ripple effect in the world. It really doesn't matter, one day those ripples might touch someone somewhere and make a difference in the big picture.

I could just shut up and stop the ripples and become self serving. Live a long prosperous life and only care about me. At the end of my life I could just say "Hey God", what did you expect........... or.....................run my big mouth

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Found this video while surfing the net. Anyone have any info concerning the story?

I've lost the link now, but I remember reading that they found some bread in that grave, and it was made of the ground-up bones of an Englishman.

harte

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good thread, thank you OP, I have to ask a question here, how come we can dig up dinosaur bones from 200,000 years ago but still we don’t have any evidence showing us the human giant race existed..??

Thank you in advance..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My take on this question is that dinosaurs died because of natural cause so we can still find and dig them up, BUT GIANTS DID NOT.....someone or something purposely annihilated them and hid their remains.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
My take on this question is that dinosaurs died because of natural cause so we can still find and dig them up, BUT GIANTS DID NOT.....someone or something purposely annihilated them and hid their remains.

I tend to agree with your point. Why would we have old nursery rhymes such as my friend Harte has brought to the table? Thanks for the contribution of some more circumstantial evidence
By the way Harte, you left me in stitches

The very fact that these fairy tales exist indicates someone in the past had to get the idea from somewhere. Jack and the bean stalk, Gulliver's Travels, The Smoky God, the Bible. Why was mankind so interested in Giants? Should we just ignore the fact that at one time all living things on this planet were, giant?

someone or something purposely annihilated them and hid their remains

Could it be possible that there exist a force so hidden we in our present technological state can not detect them? Or, maybe we have, and its classified! NASA sure seems to have quite a few secrets their not sharing

We are only left with bits and pieces of our ancient past, Harte can attest to that fact. Some people assemble the facts in a manner that distorts it while others honestly try to put the picture back to represent the true history of mankind. And to me the only way to try and see it, no matter what it is, is to have open eyes, and a open mind.

And Harte, I do see you as a friend, even though you try to be sarcastic

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Giants have been found rather frequently, and all over the world. And have been for hundreds of years. There are articles one can find on this. Some from the 1800's and even earlier. But you're not going to see this become mainstream. At least not with any regularity, because it doesn't fit our modern paradigm, and it doesn't neatly fit in with what we're supposed to believe about world history.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Please do not tell me that these images are just another collection of "photo shop" crap. Obviously human beings used to be a bit bigger and a great deal healthier then we have become today. I wonder if it was something to do with the food that they were eating ? Anyone with any ideas ? I am informed that higher stronger magnetic field can bring on gigantic fish for example. Perhaps these giants were the result of stronger magnetic forces during the last ice age cycle ?

ביטע טאָן ניט זאָגן מיר אַז די בילדער זענען נאָר אנדערן זאַמלונג פון "פאָטאָ קראָם" באָבקעס. דאָך מענטשן געניצט צו זייַן אַ ביסל ביגער און אַ גרויס געשעפט כעלטיער דעריבער מיר האָבן ווערן הייַנט. איך ווונדער אויב עס איז עפּעס צו טאָן מיט די עסנוואַרג וואָס זיי זענען געווען עסן? ווער עס יז מיט קיין געדאנקען? איך בין ינפאָרמד אַז העכער שטארקער מאַגנעטיק פעלד קענען ברענגען אויף דזשייגאַנטיק פיש פֿאַר בייַשפּיל. אפשר די דזשייאַנץ געווען דער רעזולטאַט פון שטארקער מאַגנעטיק פאָרסעס בעשאַס די לעצטע ייַז עלטער ציקל?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Giant skeletons being dug up: hoaxes.

By the way, the oceans during the last Ice Age were not "6000 meters" lower than than they are now... that's preposterous. Right now, the average ocean depth is barely over 4,000 meters.

source: oceanservice.noaa.gov...

That is, unless you claim the Challenger Deep was the only ocean on the planet during the last ice age.

As for giants: there are people, and some are taller than others. So what.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

"A great deal healthier," in that they managed to live to the extremely old age of 40, if they were lucky.
edit on 24-5-2011 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is the main reason i have a problem with dinosaurs, if people were aware of what percentage of skeletal remains for large dinosaurs have actually been dug up and what percentage are just plain guesses i may have some more support on this topic. Could it be possible that bones believed to be that of dinosaurs are infact giant human bones?
Back on topic, i believe in giants.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Of course it's possible that very tall humans walked the planet... even the Native Americans have stories of killing giant red headed cannibals
I don't know why anyone would say it’s impossible? Any good scientist knows, no theory is ever 100 percent accurate. Given that information there are defiantly things that point to a possibility that they did exist. There are also a lot of fake photos etc out there.
I read your theory about Jesus being a female Sumerian. Have you read Sumerian texts? There is a female Jesus like story, her name was Inanna.
I notice your tall and from the Isles, are you rh negative?
edit on 24-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Easter is coming. Some people are saying that the crucifixion and resurrection narratives simply retell the cycle of seasons, the death and return of the Sun. Others say that these stories are literal histories. But you say the reality is more complicated than either of these. You argue that the Easter stories - the death and resurrection of Jesus have very specific mythic origins.

I view the story of Christ in the Gospels of the New Testament as a powerful and spiritually wise sacred story. While the story is told as if it happened, it is a theologically and mythically constructed history. The conclusion of the story, the account of Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and ascension to heaven, has many layers. But at its core I would say it is an historicized version of a very ancient myth from Mesopotamia, the Cradle of Civilization, the land we today call Iraq.

What does that mean?

Some stories speak to people in a deep spiritual way. These sacred stories are what are called "myths" in the field of religious studies. Despite our common usage, a myth traditionally is not just a false tale. Rather, it is a story that, at least at one point in time, had a very powerful spiritual resonance. The story of death and resurrection is one such story. In the Sumerian tradition, in which much of the Bible is rooted, the story is called, "From the Great Above to the Great Below" or "The Descent of Inanna." There is also a Babylonian version of the myth, which is called "The Descent of Ishtar," and she is known elsewhere as Astarte.

Let's hear the story!

The Sumerian goddess Inanna is the personification of the planet Venus the "Queen of Heaven" and a major deity in the Sumerian pantheon. A long, long time ago, before humans are even created, Inanna, takes a journey to the Underworld, a realm under the control of her sister Ereshkigal. Before heading out Inanna gives instructions to her assistant about rescuing her if she runs into trouble, which she does. In the underworld, she enters through seven gates, and her worldly attire is removed. "Naked and bowed low" she is judged, killed, and then hung on display.

I can't help but notice that the number seven is a sacred, just like it will be later in the Bible.

Yes, the numbers three, seven, twelve are sacred throughout ancient Mesopotamian writings including the Hebrew Bible (seven days of creation, twelve tribes of Israel) and subsequently Christianity (three days in the tomb, twelve apostles, twelve days of Christmas). They have their roots in universal human perceptions of the movements of the heavens (e.g. twelve signs of the zodiac).

To return to the story, the result of Inanna's death is that the earth becomes sterile. Plants start drying up, and animals cease having sexual relations. Unless something is done all life on earth will end. After Inanna has been missing for three days her assistant goes to other gods for help. Finally one of them Enki, creates two creatures who carry the plant of life and water of life down to the Underworld, sprinkling them on Inanna and resurrecting her. She then prepares to return to the upper realm.

So Inanna is the prototype for Jesus in the Easter story?

Not quite. She is part of the prototype. After Inanna gets out of the underworld we are introduced to her husband Dumuzi. When mythic stories get passed from one culture to the next, sometimes one character can split into two or two characters come together. In this case, the Jesus of the resurrection story blends parts of Inanna and Dimuzi.

Ok, let's hear about Dumuzi.

The Underworld has a number of names, including "the Great Earth" and "the Great City", and it is also called the "Land of No Return." If, by extraordinary chance, someone is resurrected or escapes from there, a substitute must be provided. So when Inanna returns to the upper realm she searches for a substitute. She doesn't want to send anyone who has been missing her and mourning her down there, but she finds her husband Dumuzi on his throne and totally unconcerned about her being gone. She decides that he will be her substitute.

He protests vigorously and is helped to escape by his brother-in-law Utu, the Sun-god. But then a compromise is agreed upon, whereby Dumuzi will spend six months of every year in the Underworld, and for the other six months his devoted sister will substitute for him. Life and fertility thus return to the earth. And that's how the story ends.

Six months up and six down. Now I am reminded of Persephone.

Yes, and many other dying and rising gods that represent the cycle of the seasons and the stars. In Christianity one way the story changes is that it is detached from this agricultural cycle. The dying happens just once.

But this story of Inanna/Ishtar is the oldest, the prototype?

It is one of the earliest epic myths recorded. We know this story because it has been found inscribed on cuneiform clay tablets dug up from the sands of Iraq by archaeologists, and because linguists have deciphered the Sumerian language and provided translations in English. This was a popular myth, and so we have multiple copies of it, or of portions of it. The earliest tablets inscribed with this story date to the beginning of the 2nd millennium BC, and it is thought to have been originally formulated about 2100 BC, i.e., 4200 years ago.

Lay it out for us. How do you see this being a prototype for the story of Christ's death and resurrection?

Let's start with the first part of the myth. Inanna and Jesus both travel to a big city, where they are arrested by soldiers, put on trial, convicted, sentenced to death, stripped of their clothes, tortured, hung up on a stake, and die. And then, after 3 days, they are resurrected from the dead. Now there are, to be sure, a number of significant differences between the stories. For one thing, one story is about a goddess and the other is about a divine man. But this is a specific pattern, a mythic template. When you are dealing with the question of whether these things actually happened, you have to deal with the fact that there is a mythic template here. It doesn't necessarily mean that there wasn't a real person, Jesus, who was crucified, but rather that, if there was, the story about it is structured and embellished in accordance with a pattern that was very ancient and widespread.

So what about the 2nd part of the myth?

The 2nd part of the Inanna myth really focuses on her husband Dumuzi. Dumuzi is the prototype of the non-aggressive, non-heroic male; he cries easily; he is the opposite of the warrior-god in the ancient pantheon. The summer month which corresponds to our month of July is named after him in both the Babylonian and Hebrew calendars, and during this month each year his followers, mostly women, mourn his death. From this myth we are talking about, and from a few other references, we also know that he is resurrected. But unlike Jesus, who dies and is resurrected once, he is imagined to die and be resurrected over and over, each year. There are other major differences. However, there really are a lot of similarities between the personalities and the stories of Jesus and Dumuzi. They both are tortured and die violent deaths after being betrayed by a close friend, who accepts a bribe from his enemies. They both have a father who is a god and a mother who is human. Dumuzi's father, the god Enki, also has many similarities to Yahweh, the father of Jesus.

Other than this gospel story, are there any other signs of Inanna's influence on Christianity or on Easter?

There are a few points I would mention. Inanna becomes known outside of Mesopotamia by her Babylonian name, "Ishtar". She is a personification of Venus as an evening star, and there is also a male aspect of the deity who is usually the morning star. At the end of the Book of Revelation when Christ speaks to John he says, "I am the bright morning star." In ancient Canaan Ishtar is known as Astarte, and her counterparts in the Greek and Roman pantheons are known as Aphrodite and Venus. In the 4th Century, when Christians got around to identifying the exact site in Jerusalem where the empty tomb of Jesus had been located, they selected the spot where a temple of Aphrodite (Astarte/Ishtar/Inanna) stood. So they tore it down and built the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the holiest church in the Christian world.

Also, our holiday of Easter was traditionally called 'Pascha', and still is in many languages, named after the Jewish festival of 'Pesach' or Passover. In the Germanic and Anglo-Saxon world we have, however, come to name the holiday 'Easter'. This name is almost surely a reflex of the goddess Ishtar. In the pagan spiritual traditions of Germany and England in the medieval period Ishtar, who came to be called the goddess Easter, and who as a deity of resurrection and rebirth became strongly associated with the season of springtime and ultimately gave her name to Christianity's main holy day.

Here is the link to read the rest of the article, it's long www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I agree there are a lot of historic references to giants but often these sources from history greatly exagerate stories and even lie in order to fit agendas like Romans have done before to make their enemies seem inhuman thus making it easier to wage war on their enemies.

My main problem with giants though are the pictures of bones and remains that are all over the net but what happened to the remains? It would take a huge amount of effort to stop all of them from being released to the public and im sure at lease some would slip through and be authenticated.

Interesting subject, but I put a lot of evidence down to exagerations of ancient stories and false skeletons which doesnt mean there arnt genuine ones, but it makes you wonder why they would need to falsify evidence if giants were in fact not at all so rare in the past.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slane69

Remember that in all this world I alone were chosen to be the one individual to receeve the revelation of the knowledge of the PRECEPTAE CAELENIUM.

In the music industry, in which I am a world famous artist,

Wow, can you say delusions of grandeur.

Thank you for the chuckle.

I agree,
How deluded can some people be. If the op believes that Jesus was female despite all the contrary evidence then how can anyone take anything else she says seiously?
Also the hateful, racist comments show just the kind of superior person we are dealing with here. Superior in her own mind.
From being a world renowned artist who i've never heard of to having a B.A or something, It's all very munchausenish and sad really.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

The folklore stems from the same source as vampire stoeies etc,just fairytales to pass the long nights before we got television. thats what i think, but maybe their is a grain of truth in some stories.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You say in this post that Jesus is the lord, so how can a lord be female? Also what does remoted mean?
Why are you just talking gobbledegook and making things up? Have you ever admitted to being wrong or mistaken?
If you were truly religous you would show more humility instead of letting your ego overule commonsense. Also i thought Jesus (male name) was Jewish.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join