It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable Proof?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A thought came to me as I was thinking about how science could possibly come with proof of the existence of a Creator. Would it matter?

Would it matter to you if you had undeniable proof that God/Christ was our Creator/Savior? Would you follow him or just go on with your life as before? People speak of needing proof of God's existence. If you had proof would it matter to you?

This question is for anyone out there, for I am curious as to what the response will be. The philosophical implications would be astounding.

Thanks in advance to all replies as this will help me better understand my fellow inhabitants of the little blue dot.

Edit just to add if you can also give a yes or no answer that will be very helpful in understanding. Please feel free to express why yes or no, but please add yes or no.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That is a good question. It would effect me, as it would effect anyone, if we found proof of some divine being, but that wouldn't make me like him if it is the Christian God.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
That is a good question. It would effect me, as it would effect anyone, if we found proof of some divine being, but that wouldn't make me like him if it is the Christian God.

So you would not follow Christ if you had your proof that he were the truth?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Thank you for the thread! Very interesting!

If there was undeniable proof of God, I would believe God is real and exists. My opinion on God would depend on what God it was. If it was the Christian God, then my opinion would match Phlynx. I would not like the God and would not become his follower if he was that particular God.

This is just my opinion!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

Christ's and God's philosophies are totally different. I would follow Christ, but that would not stop be from questioning. I would not worship him, but I would follow his philosophies.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Christ's and God's philosophies are totally different. I would follow Christ, but that would not stop be from questioning. I would not worship him, but I would follow his philosophies.

Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami

Thank you for the thread! Very interesting!

If there was undeniable proof of God, I would believe God is real and exists. My opinion on God would depend on what God it was. If it was the Christian God, then my opinion would match Phlynx. I would not like the God and would not become his follower if he was that particular God.

This is just my opinion!

Kind regards

Thank you for you reply. May I ask what about Christ do you not like?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thank you very much.

Honestly I pretty much do follow his philosophies without worshiping God or him. I think he was a great philosopher, but I don't see him as divine, I see him as a historical figure, much like Plato or Socrates.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's all in how you define God.

Like posted Creator/Savior or...

as an everlasting life-force that hold everything together, who knows everything; past, present en future, the God who lives, acts en speaks in us all. Is our small glimpse of consciousness not the God we speak of. For who knows not time or space but just wholeness and eternity.

Just my thoughts on God. As you see I dont worry about God or proof of him. I see it everywhere around me. That's my God.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ah, I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I referred to God in my post. Many things Christ said are honestly good things to follow by. Would I follow him as a God if he was real?

I am unsure. Christ had good philosophies, but he's with God, a entity that is less than good based on many things described in the Bible. I don't think I would like spending eternity in Heaven with a being that did many things I consider bad.

I would hope Christ understands this and be able to see why I would rather not spend eternity with his counterpart.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I dont believe in god myself however, i think its the fear of death that makes people search for an answer to what they do not know or understand. I dont need to believe in god to live my life in what i feel is right. Helping others, doing right and not hurting others. You do not need to follow something greater to do what is right.

People make it out to be as if people who do not believe in god will never follow the right path or do what is right even if it is not in your best interest.

I live to live and i love to love, that is all that matters.

I would never tell someone who believes in god that they were wrong because everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if believing in god gets them through there days and nights then i am happy for them and i wish them a joyful life full of love, friendship, and harmony with all.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yes. But the question is if you had undeniable proof that he was god. Would it matter to you?

link   
There would be no way to show someone as a God besides absolute proof that they created the universe, and there are loopholes in that too.
Say God comes down to earth, and tries to prove himself by taking people back to when he created the universe.
Well you could say that the entire trip was nothing but a suggestion placed in your mind by some sort of technology.
Perhaps maybe the only thing that could prove it would be to take you out of the universe, but then, how would you even know you were out?
Thats why I find believing in God hard, because there's no way to know for sure.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

link   
reply to post by Endpoind

Yes. But if you had proof that Christ was your God. Would it matter to you?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

I would hope Christ understands this and be able to see why I would rather not spend eternity with his counterpart.

Christ and God aren't counterparts; they're the same being.

Christ would understand your decision to not spend eternity with God. And he will allow you to do just that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Thank you for your answer you seem to have better understood the question as compare to the others.

So that would be a no for you. You also have to take into account how Christ spoke of God.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

A relationship with God is faith based...period. If people could have undeniable proof of God they would still not follow Him.
Look at the example in the Old Testament of the rich man and the poor man. The poor man died and went to heaven and the rich man died and went to hell. The poor man asked that God would send an angel or someone from the dead (if I recall correctly) to his brother so that his brother would believe and avoid Hell. God's reply was that if they did not believe the prophets they would not believe someone from the dead.
So all the proof in the world would not make a difference to most people, if anyone.
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Christ and God aren't counterparts; they're the same being.

Christ would understand your decision to not spend eternity with God. And he will allow you to do just that.

Thanks for responding!

Yes, that's what I mean. I know they are the same 'person'. What I mean is they have distinctly different 'personalities', and I hope the Christ side of the entity would understand. I do not want be with the kind of God in the Bible.

However, I do not think Hell would be that enjoyable either, haha. I guess I would have to choose the best of two evils, and follow God.

But... I can't do that either. God knows what I am really thinking, and he would know I was only 'faking' following him. So based on my opinion on the Christian God, based on how the bible portrays him, I am bound to suffering.

Since this appears to be the case, the thing I should do is spend as much time as possible helping those on Earth while I am able and hope they have a good life.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

Yes. But the question is if you had undeniable proof that he was god. Would it matter to you?

If he was the Christian God, I would not follow him. If every story in the Bible is true about God and what he did, I would never follow him. In the Bible he was a mass murder.

If Christ and God where separate, I would follow Christ's philosophies, as I said.

I would much rather Buddhism be real though.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

A relationship with God is faith based...period. If people could have undeniable proof of God they would still not follow Him.
Look at the example in the Old Testament of the rich man and the poor man. The poor man died and went to heaven and the rich man died and went to hell. The poor man asked that God would send an angel or someone from the dead (if I recall correctly) to his brother so that his brother would believe and avoid Hell. God's reply was that if they did not believe the prophets they would not believe someone from the dead.
So all the proof in the world would not make a difference to most people, if anyone.
Seeashrink

That is a massive assumption there, that if there was undeniable proof of god people wouldn't follow him.
I know I certainly would, I'm just wondering who you think wouldn't?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join