It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid collision with earth -2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: flipflop
and the point to tracking these objects is ????
what can humans do about it ???

Asteroid Impact, funnily enough is the one natural disaster humans actually can prevent. It's one handy reason to have a space program. If you didn't know this then you should do some reading here: Saving Earth One Asteroid at a Time

I thought I read somewhere that not all parts of space that surround earth, are being monitored....there are only so many people, telescopes and/or monitoring stations. maybe that has changed recently, but, I'm not aware of it.

That's somewhat true. There are blind spots but people like the B612 Foundation are working hard to build asteroid hunting satellites.

The point is that once found, an asteroid impact is one of the few natural disasters we can prevent. My reply was in response to the person who asked why look at all.

BTW: There was a International Planetary Defence conference in Italy last week... They have held these conferences every 2 years since 2009 and this was the 4th one.

I suspect that the information in the OP was taken out of context from something having to do with it.

Click Here For Videos from the Planetary Defense Conference

edit on 20-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join