It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute: To The People Of Louisiana. Always Remember!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I truly am stunned at what has happened on the Gulf Coast. Hard to believe it will never be the same. At this very moment my heart aches for all the family and friends effected by the BP Disaster.

I have so many fond members of Louisiana from a very young age. I spent every Summer and Christmas there over 25 years.

I caught my first catfish there and killed my first squirrel. Ate my first shrimp and experienced my first craw fish boil.

Unless you have been there, it is hard to imagine what Louisiana is really like. I always said in some ways it is like being in a different country. Those of you from the area know what I mean.

Nothing brings it home more than Creedence Clearwater Revival. When I hear their music I am instantly transported back in time.

For the people not from the area, here is a taste of what once was but is no longer.

To all the Cajuns and the Transplants this is for you. Always, always remember your Beautiful Bayou!

Thanks, from one "Cajun Queen" that will never forget

Pax

Creedence Clearwater Revival Born On The Bayou

[edit on 4-7-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im a native- misplace at the moment, but looking to go home soon----I hope. Your right, like no other. Most dont understand, Its kinda one of those things, " If I gotta explain it, you wouldnt understand". Im homesick in the worst kinda way, and this just makes me ill on a daily basis. That lifestyle down there can never be replicated. Viva La Louisiane.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Nice memento Paxnatus!

I grew up there too in Shreveport, before moving to Oregon. Louisiana (pronounced Lewzeeanna for the locals) has such beautiful and distinct qualities. The geography is filled with Giant Live Oaks, Spanish Moss, Swamps and lakes. The people are kind and the food is incredible! I caught the mudbug festival last year and had a blast listening to some psychedelic Zydeco music and bayou blues while suckin' some crawfish heads with red potatoes and corn. Got plenty of chiggers and saw a few cottonmouths too.
I sometimes miss it down there, but then again....Oregon is hard to beat and incredibly different in many positive ways, mainly no humidity!

I hope too much is not lost down there, though it is still early to tell and bad enough already.
Prayers and blessings to the folks of Louisiana!

AhhEeee!
Peace

Here's another couple o songs I remember growing up:

Blue Bayou Linda Ronstadt

What a voice!

Louisiana Saturday Night

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hi and thank you for the additional songs! I had no idea this is your hometown and I pray all will not be lost regarding the wildlife, marshes, bayou etc. However,I want be digging in for any shrimp Gumbo anytime soon.

I am actually Cajun my entire family is down there. With the exception of my parents and my sister all other family lives in South Central La. and South Lose/ e/ ana, as we would say. I am very concerned for their health and just the loss in general. You too will be in my prayers!

Bringing back some pretty fond memories!

Thank you

Pax

[edit on 4-7-2010 by paxnatus]

top topics

join