It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy tech that 'monitors conversations' being launched in Europe: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Spy tech that 'monitors conversations' being launched in Europe: report

rawstory.com

By Daniel Tencer
Sunday, July 4th, 2010 -- 3:51 pm

Privacy rights advocates and civil liberties campaigners in Europe are raising the alarm about a new surveillance system that monitors conversations in public.

The surveillance system, dubbed Sigard, has been installed in Dutch city centers, government offices and prisons, and a recent test-run of the technology in Coventry, England, has British civil rights experts worried that the right to privacy will disappear in efforts to fight street c
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Big brother is on the move. Now the technology is being tested and implemented to eavesdrop on people's movements and speech during normal conversations. The way this reads, the system can distinguish between normal speech and the tone of voice during an argument. So for anyone who tends to get passionate about a subject during a normal conversation, or maybe even talk with your hands, the police may be coming around the corner to take you away before you can do any harm, whether you were going to or not.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is not good. We all knew this was coming eventually. It will probably be installed everywhere. It will take many years and a lot of legal battles, but it will be done. BIG BROTHER FOR PRESIDENT 2016

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

How right you are my friend.

I'm afraid we are heading into V's world with the throttle stuck open and no brakes. And I would say there are other things in the works we haven't learned about yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Detect Aggressive Voices With Sigard By Sound Intelligence

Indeed more big brother crap we don't need.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Thanks for the link.

I had forgotten about HAL, but that's a lot like what this sounds like.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If people didnt act so stupid then stuff like this wouldnt be needed. Its easy...mankind and its actions are whats screwing it up.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another day another piece of our civil rights lost forever.

Terrorism prevention? I often overhear bomb plots whilst strolling through the park.

Well I guess it'd be safer just to stay at home. They won't come after me there. Yeah that's it, I'll just go to work and go straight home after.

Hmm maybe I should buy a new TV, DVD player, some DVDs, probably gonna need a new fridge too, maybe one of those recliner chairs. Any ideas what else can I distract myself with?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh this is anything but new. Well perhaps for some it may be, but hey you can turn your attention to this:

Chicago Police Want Covert Cameras

The familiar blinking blue light cameras that dot many city streets could get smaller soon, according to an article by the Chicago Tribune. The Tribune reported yesterday that the Chicago Police are considering employing smaller, covert cameras in the hope of further combating crime. According to the article, these cameras could be as small as a thimble. Last month, Police Superintendent Jody Weis said in an interview with WLS, “These can be secreted in locations that nobody would ever detect. It's amazing where we're going with technology.

chicagoist.com...

The reality is that, "yes" in due time, everyone is going to be monitored and it wont be due to criminal activity but to establish an ordered society that every living human being has a function and role for the collective whole as a human species. ( I bet that sounds creepy ? doesn't it ?)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I haven't heard about Chicago installing cameras. Then I'm not sure there is much anyone can do about it, as I don't think there is too much of a presumption of privacy when we walk out our front doors anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by tristar

I haven't heard about Chicago installing cameras. Then I'm not sure there is much anyone can do about it, as I don't think there is too much of a presumption of privacy when we walk out our front doors anyway.

Indeed, when one walks out the font door he is more less at the disposal of that nations deepest paranoia. The fine line is, if and when that will be expanded into your own home. If you happen to think that it wont, well, guess again.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

In a sense it already has come into our homes. Our internet activities are monitored, as are our banking transactions, cell phone activity, voip, emails, and on and on and on. After all, the alphabet agencies have not built these enormous databases just to play WOW on.

I recently saw a thread here a few days ago, if I can find it again, that linked to an anti-defamation league report that included many, many forum postings, including a couple made on ATS. So yes more of our privacy has evaporated than we would like to believe. And it is not going to get any better.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One could perhaps point to the use of “Synthetic Telepathy” and "Digital Telepathy" as a means of interception. But then again that's another can of worms not to be opened.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Definitely one of the more devious methods they have been working on for some time. I think at least 10 years or so? But like you said, that can of worms needs to remain closed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Definitely one of the more devious methods they have been working on for some time. I think at least 10 years or so? But like you said, that can of worms needs to remain closed.

Its over a decade, its something like 50 years now, with track records far exceeding the initial reports. It is very visible and clearly used on the majority of industrialized nations upon its citizen's. A quick confirmation of its applied methods is possible by simply looking at what time you set your alarm to go to work. Then simply write down who and how many people you greet. All that remains to do is to cross reference those you greet and see how similar your activities are even though you have no social or professional interaction with them. Common and overlooked way points are music,food.

See how an instant pattern emerges ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I had to go look this up, as I was only vaguely familiar with it. This is really getting deep, and even when googling this, I'm seeing a lot of references to it from technology and physics sources. Hmmm I am definitely going to have to spend some time looking into this. It is definitely beyond subliminals.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The way to deal with this is to learn how to find these devices and then break them or shoot them...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

I had to go look this up, as I was only vaguely familiar with it. This is really getting deep, and even when googling this, I'm seeing a lot of references to it from technology and physics sources. Hmmm I am definitely going to have to spend some time looking into this. It is definitely beyond subliminals.

I feel that once you begin this path of reading you will have two options. One might be that its way to heavy and over head and you will simply close links and move on or you will begin to understand and make the patterns visible but invisible. A friendly word of advice would be, that unless you have friends who can relate to you on this topic i would avoid talking about it to them as you will seem like a freak.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
If people didnt act so stupid then stuff like this wouldnt be needed. Its easy...mankind and its actions are whats screwing it up.

You are correct. If people in TBTB didn't act so stupidly as to assume everyday street conversations need to be monitored, then threads like this wouldn't be needed.

Unfortunately, a bunch of psychopathic people are busy at work finding new ways to reduce human activity to something resembling an anthill of unthinking drones, so threads like this are very, very necessary.

I assume this is basically what you meant with your post. Because if I were to read it the other way, my blood pressure will go way up and the doc won't be happy with me.

[edit on 7/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I just started a thread that is some "new" military tech. that will probably end up being used for more "BIG BROTHER" type surveillance.

Check it out now @

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join