It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify my rock?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
p.s.

Any chance you could post some pics of your rocks here too? This can be a special rock thread. We all might end up trading.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sweet rock! But I have no Idea what the thing might be.

Sorry, but nice find!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Fascinating rock! I have read the thread and I am wondering if you had it checked out yet.

Seems like a one in a trillion find. It makes my rock collection look very bland.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How hard is the rock? It looks a bit like Quartzite to me, it will be very hard if it is i.e. hard enough to take the edge off of a steel blade

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That is one facinating stone......a stone worth worshipping.....in ancient days .....maybe.

The first thought that came to me was......wow....all seeing eye worshippers would love to have that one....

Take good care of it and make them pay if 'they' approach you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you could drill a hole into it where that groove is on the blank side then you could turn it into a necklace so you can carry it with you all the time.
I can imagine it being very precious to you, I know if I had something like that I'd cherish it. Take good care of it!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I didn't realize how little detailed info on geology there is on the net.

After some investigation I'm going to stick my neck out and say the stone might be Rhyolite (a volcanic rock) like this

With a spherulite that has formed a particularly pleasing pattern

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Dont know anything really about rocks, but your rock looks like a treasure mate
I quess you already had some at least semi-professional answers of what it is, but it certainly looks like a treasure to me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join