It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you believe these idiots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

There are people swimming in the oil!

The oil has invaded seagrove beach...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I see some worthless parent letting their toddler wade in this biotoxin.

How stupid can people get? I guess they heard the government say the water is clean, so they go swimming.

Maybe there is no hope for humanity

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lol, these people probably got soars all over their legs the next day and didn't even realize what it was from. Good ole natural selection I guess. I feel bad for the kids though because its not their fault their parents are retarded.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Damn, that is crazy and disturbing! The sound of children playing in the background is an absurd juxtaposition to the situation.

I agree with you, what the heck kind of parents let their kids swim there? Must be the one's on vacation thinking, " well I paid for a Florida vacation, I'm here, let's make the most of it, it's just a little oil, probably won't get on us or the kids."

This is a good vid on the oil washing up at the beaches too.
Nice find!

Here's some added perspective...yikes, and this was 2 weeks ago.

Peace

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
unfortunately some people need to learn the hard way.

it's too bad for those kids I agree... they don't know any better.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
These people are paid by bp to swim here ,like hired extras in a low budget movie.They all get free BP stickers and a towell to take home

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes, yes I can believe those idiots.

Sadly.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I always find the rhetoric funny. DIE YOU RETARDED PARENTS...oh the poor children.

You do realize those parents were children too? So who taught them to be retarded? Their parents and their parents parents....Adam and eve?

If you want to blame someone blame government and media, these are entities in business to keep people retarded and ignorant. Because god forbid if the masses used rational thinking and logic.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by broli]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
this doesnt surprise me one bit. it reaffirms my thinking- stupid will get you killed.
go ahead - jog along the beach..get your lungs full of- you dont know what.
splash around in the-you dont know what.
take home memories of a gulf syndrome vacation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Darwinism in action.
As for the parents chemical castration is too late, although I'm sure swimming in the water will prevent any future family members.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah, that's natural selection at work.
People are stuck on stupid.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

These people are paid by bp to swim here ,like hired extras in a low budget movie.They all get free BP stickers and a towell to take home

no sun OIL needed there is enough on the beach

I have 2 kids of my own, I would never let them play at beaches as filthy as those. Where are those parents brains these days?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

See the irony here...

It's OK to swim and play in that **** but don't take a picture or video of it and report it to CNN or Fox or you could be convicted of a felony.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I guess being stupid can hurt in more ways than one.

Natural selection if ya ask me.

And for anyone who believes the government when they tell you the waters are safe to swim in, please remember these are the same people who sprayed DDT into neighborhoods full of kids to kill mosquitos.

The same people who thought putting mercury into dental fillings was A-ok.

The same ones who swore agent orange had no adverse effect on human beings, and the same ones who still to this day deny that Guf War Syndrome actually exists.

Exactly who I would put my faith in

[edit on 4-7-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am not sure why but the Liveleaks video is a frozen screen but the sound works.

I find the second video (from two weeks ago) very disturbing. I can still hear the child crying and that woman demonstrating to the child with the plastic shovel her inability to get the toxic mess off of her.

I am disturbed is probably putting it mildly.

To Zeta, you are disturbed for wanting to add any additional shock value to this post. Would you be so kind and remove that or put it as a link instead?

Disturbed

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you are going to swim in oil do it properly with approved safety equipment
photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Thanks for the link 12voltz.
Man I just had to put the pic up....wtf? No protective gear or nothing.

Peace

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by broli
I always find the rhetoric funny. DIE YOU RETARDED PARENTS...oh the poor children.

You do realize those parents were children too? So who taught them to be retarded? Their parents and their parents parents....Adam and eve?

If you want to blame someone blame government and media, these are entities in business to keep people retarded and ignorant. Because god forbid if the masses used rational thinking and logic.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by broli]

I was the person who called the parents retarded, but I didnt say they should die.

"So who taught them to be retarded?" No one taught them to be retarded, they just lack mental capacity, they were born like that. I dont know who is to blame for that, if anyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

He must be looking for his kids who were told to swim only between the flags

Identifying an oil spill - The following features will alert you to the presence of oil:

darker colour,
murky brown water
smoother surface with much smaller waves, alongside white water (broken waves)
waves breaking further out to sea on both sides of the spill
debris floating out to sea
a rippled look, when the water around is generally calm
Always swim between the flags and if you are unsure of the beach conditions always check with the lifesavers on duty.

new topics

top topics

join