It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a detailed fallout map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Note: Mods, I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

I live in the city of Ventura, California. I'm feeling a growing sense of dread that Los Angeles will be hit by a nuclear weapon. What I want to know is if that does happen, how much time (if any at all) would I have to get out of my area before the situation reaches deathly proportions here.

I understand there is a wide range of strengths in nuclear weapons, I'd like to see one depiction of the most likely strength, and another, this one a worst case scenario.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
use search

punch in nuke fallout maps,all ? will be answered

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Usually for a standard ICBM you would want to be at least 60 miles from point of detonation, before it occurs, then figure out whats going on with the wind from there. AND DONT STOP MOVING, the greater distance from all that nuclear crap, the better

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.carloslabs.com...
Here you go.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This one will give you some idea.

fas.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There is an interactive google map you can get and vary area and what power the nuke is. Depending on whether you're worried about WW3 or a terrorist attack the weapon will be much smaller.

To put you at ease this situation is incredibly unlikely, like seriously 0.0001% so don't worry excessively.

Things you can do to put your paranoid mind at ease (believe me I have some experience here) you should see about acquiring an NBC suit, also an up to date gas mask and iodine tablets all can be found on ebay. Perhaps also a Nato issue BCB survival straw, which can purify up to 50 litres of water.

Anyway good luck and relax.

Map;

meyerweb.com...

Ebay equipment;

cgi.ebay.com...< br />
cgi.ebay.com... 962#ht_640wt_911

cgi.ebay.com...

cgi.ebay.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but; Ever see the movie "Miracle Mile"? It's one of my favorite movies. Not a great film, but fun. "Be prepared to be blown through the back of the theatre".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f02c06e4f477.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for the heads up gonna watch that 2nite!

2nd line was dragged away and hosed down.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

It has some really good moments. Plot is good. It also has some akward moments as well. Denise Crosby has a minor role too. (bonus!)

top topics

join