It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to take over control of Gulf oil spill website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The U.S. government is expected to take over control of the central information website on the Gulf oil spill response that has been run jointly by various agencies and BP.
The Department of Homeland Security wants a one-stop shop for information that is completely overseen by the government as it settles into the long haul of dealing with the response to the disaster.

BP and the government are part of a unified command that is working together to try to contain the oil gusher, but the government has been directing BP at every turn.

Share A DHS spokesman said that the joint relationship won't change when the website is given a dot-gov address instead of a dot-com address.

But who can post information to the site would change.

Source

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How is something like this even possible?? I mean this is more then obvious!!! Pure control of everything we that has to do with the oil spill

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Combine this with the $40,000.00 fine to be imposed on anyone in the "delicate" areas who might actually get a REAL picture/report accurately on what's going on and you have all of TPTB's puzzle pieces falling into place...
Keep 'em stupid,sick,and desperate and all will be well.

I hope like hell it all backfires on their sorry a**es! I have a LOT of faith in the will and strength of the people in this area and believe they WILL find a way to get even for what's unfairly been done to them!

I truly believe this entire incident IS a crime against citizens of the United States and also believe it won't be allowed to continue much longer...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This does not really surprise me at all. Mr Obama seems to love to control the media and this is just another example of that. He seems to be able to do just about anything he wants and no one says a word about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is them telling us we OWN you and we show you what WE want you to see!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

I hope like hell it all backfires on their sorry a**es! I have a LOT of faith in the will and strength of the people in this area and believe they WILL find a way to get even for what's unfairly been done to them!

Sadly, I don't see that happen.. We are going to pay if we don't act

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
This does not really surprise me at all. Mr Obama seems to love to control the media and this is just another example of that. He seems to be able to do just about anything he wants and no one says a word about it.

Well what can be said? This needs old school action... Just posting in forums wont change a thing! Me included!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well isn't this just grand? NOT!

Just what we don't need is more government centralization.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
Combine this with the $40,000.00 fine to be imposed on anyone in the "delicate" areas who might actually get a REAL picture/report accurately on what's going on and you have all of TPTB's puzzle pieces falling into place...
Keep 'em stupid,sick,and desperate and all will be well.

I truly believe this entire incident IS a crime against citizens of the United States and also believe it won't be allowed to continue much longer...

That $40,000 fine comes with felony charges, just for getting within 65 FEET of anything having to do with the oil spill. Even the media can't get close enough now, to cover the stories. Looks like the feds are covering something up.....maybe that they don't want to clean it up? Definitely something very odd going on down at the Gulf.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

That much is true! I had a ton of news links about Obama, that vanished without a trace from the web after he took office. Many from reputable news sources that keep archives for years, too! Some information is very hard, or impossible, to locate online anymore.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe something is going on out in them there waters.

I do wish though that people stop this attack on BP

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

That $40,000 fine comes with felony charges, just for getting within 65 FEET of anything having to do with the oil spill. Even the media can't get close enough now, to cover the stories. Looks like the feds are covering something up.....maybe that they don't want to clean it up? Definitely something very odd going on down at the Gulf.

This does sound like dictatorship doesn't it?...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75

Hello? Have you been monitoring the situation in the Gulf at all my friend?

An "attack" on BP if I had my way would seriosuly involve a helluva' lot more than a few sharp words.

In my humble opinion and from the thousands of words I have read written by many on the "incident",it amounts to basically an error made by BP based on calculated risk that has escalated by THEIR negligence and that of our sainted government into a full-blown attack on a way of life, an environment of nature, and our entire country for a long time to come...

"We the people" didn't CAUSE or CONTRIBUTE to the situation: a non US based corporation (and the other thugs behind the scenes...) were given carte blanche to commit crimes against nature and humanity in the name of greed and conspiracy for profit.

I do feel strongly about the situation although I live in Texas: I have close friends who are "working" in the area in several capacities including Federal and it's an unholy MESS on just about every level from what they cautiously share (because they want to keep their jobs...)

I wish I had the connections and skills to TRULY launch an "attack" on BP and everyone else involved and hope someone who DOES will DO so!

And...the very best way to "attack" anything or anyone is to hit them in their wallet

[edit on 4-7-2010 by irishchic]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They will evacuate everybody there so they can do whatever that is that they're doing...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The Department of Homeland Security wants a one-stop shop for information that is completely overseen by the government as it settles into the long haul of dealing with the response to the disaster...Share A DHS spokesman said that the joint relationship won't change when the website is given a dot-gov address instead of a dot-com address.

I've been following the oil disaster to some degree, and maybe I'm simply being ignorant, but why is the DHS involved in this? Has it been all along? I'm confused.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Obama administration has learned well from communist nations.

We have state run media, and now when something is as big as this BP oil/gas leak they need complete control of that information.

Wait until you click the live feeds when they are on a .gov server and you get redirected to a page that says:

We're sorry you are attempting to access classified information.

If you have security clearance please contact your assigned DHS officials for further instructions.

Back in the USSA!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
An after thought...

Some time ago I read posts on ATS demanding that the feds take control of this BP disaster.

Well?

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I believe that the rig was run by Americans...

What I actually meant was people are attacking British Petrolium - BP nowadays - and saying it should be shut down. I just this all a little bizare thats all...

What I think both sides need to do is to sit in a room, go over what happened, and then make sure it doesn't again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join