It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns that it will quit talks if UN sanctions are tightened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The U.S. will want to do the same in Iran too. There is oil there, so why wouldn't the U.S. want to occupy Iran?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

no. A few hundred people would die in such a war. Maybe 3000 at max.

That's because Iran actually has some honor and would not likely use its people as hostages.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Iran is a cultural center. You do not occupy cultural centers. You change them indirectly, then make them your proxy states.

Then maybe build a base or two there just in case.

And as to Iraq. Honestly I do not know. The US seems to have wanted to dismantle them as a cultural center. Perhaps they feel Iran's regional control as a proxy state should be unquestioned?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have looked at your videos. They show a country bent on aggression and 'victory' using drones and remote technology and, well the cloaking idea - no I don't think so not yet.

There is one big weakness and I hope that Russia, China, Iran and North Korea, and anyone else with launch capability that dislikes American aggression exploit it. The weakness is the dependence of your systems on satellite technology. With any luck all other people in the world will be working had to find systems to bring your satellites down and effectively blind you as a country.

Once that is achieved that war is over since so many of your citizens cannot get into your army because they are obese. So many bums on McDonalds seats rather than boots on the ground.

Before I came on to ATS and read all the sabre rattling aggressive clap trap I used to like America. Not any longer. I am sure the people of the United States, like in most countries, are fine for the most part but your warmongering aggressive imperial culture of government is most distasteful.

The sooner the United States is brought down a peg or three the better.

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Iran is a cultural center. You do not occupy cultural centers. You change them indirectly, then make them your proxy states.

And that is what you did in Iraq which is also a cultural centre and has, or perhaps had, many antiquities. You did not occupy it? Strange I could have sworn you did. And by the way Rome was not a country it was an empire. The country is Italy.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Those are also wars aimed at regime change and occupation of those countries. This would not be needed for Iran.

Originally posted by 12voltz
Any war with Iran will not be over in a matter of days ,you can bomb the hell out of them but that is only that start.Look at Iraq still there fighting,Afghanistan still there fighting .Both of these countries had truckloads of bombs dropped on them and all that does is make people more determined to fight back.If Iran dropped bombs on U.S soil and killed your family would you just say thanks ,now i am free.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The US hasnt even really gotten any oil from Iraq. Most of the oil contracts have gone to other countries so that war for oil argument is pretty lame. Fail.

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

The U.S. will want to do the same in Iran too. There is oil there, so why wouldn't the U.S. want to occupy Iran?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well you are certainly not an IT expert.

You can't take down the drones via satellite. They do not run on the same systems. Satellites are for satellites. Drones run on home signals via ships and bases. Drones are called drones because they are not part of a network. They are individual machines, controlled by an AI or a driver somewhere in the world.

Now, UAVs might run occasionally by satellite, and Iran did break into the system. But now it is encrypted. Thus making it pretty much impossible to break in.

Russia and America have tried to crack into each other's systems for 20 odd years. No luck for either side.

As to what you said for America, why is that bad? Obesity is not bad. It is a sign you have what you want.

Also, China and Russia are in cahoots with America. Russia is effectively a nation held together by Putin, and China just wants money. It could hardly care about war.

That leaves North Korea and Iran. Iran is one generation away from becoming like France, and N Korea is hardly even an enemy.

The NWO is here already. The P5+1 discovered long ago that they gain more by working together than they do fighting each other. Iran and N korea are literally some of the last problems in their path, and they are push overs. The PTB are more interested in waiting it out than war, because to put it simply, time wins victories better than war.

Like it or not, you only have one possibility to stop the NWO. And that is if Americans revolt. Good luck on that happening.

Better to become part of the system and fix it than fight it. I made that decision a long time ago too.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

think thats what osama and others want to do aswell, they have nothing against the american people just your goverment, hence why 9/11, colatral damage,
someone has to get rid of the parcites in the goverment.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

did you just compare war to a video game?
in war soliders dont respawn at the next avalible checkpoint and civilian deaths are real.

if war does break out , hopefully some of those nukes russia is missing is somehow finds its self into the country that launches the first attack,
then maybe we can laugh at the idiots who wanted it as their country men burn aswell

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well you are certainly not an IT expert.

You can't take down the drones via satellite. They do not run on the same systems. Satellites are for satellites. Drones run on home signals via ships and bases. Drones are called drones because they are not part of a network. They are individual machines, controlled by an AI or a driver somewhere in the world.

And just how exactly do you think the signal gets to these drones then? If a driver is in the States, as they often are, then the signal to the drone goes by satellite. How do you think ships communicate? By satellite. How do you think the CIA communicate? By satellite. Now I will agree that there are drones that work with local signals, but that does not invalidate my point.

You cannot say I am not an IT expert on the basis of what you perceive as my lack of knowledge about your war toys - and by the way I was referring to the video you put up and that was satellite controlled. I am a database programmer and yes an expert in my field. I would not be interested in being an IT expert for your disgusting machines and you have no right or information with which to attack my abilities.

They are called drones by the way because they are pilotless.

Now, UAVs might run occasionally by satellite, and Iran did break into the system. But now it is encrypted. Thus making it pretty much impossible to break in.

Aside from the fact that American systems have been proven to be remarkably easy to break into, who was talking about breaking into them? I am talking about disabling the satellites by removing them.

Russia and America have tried to crack into each other's systems for 20 odd years. No luck for either side.

You sure about that??

As to what you said for America, why is that bad? Obesity is not bad. It is a sign you have what you want.

No it is a sign that you have too much of what you 'want' and there are a thousand reasons why it is bad and why America has one of the highest incidences of heart disease in the world. You have definitely been drinking too much of the Kool Aid - also very bad for you by the way.

Young Amercans too fat to fight and a more military one for you. Read the comments on that one! And finally for your delectation:

Overall, the report notes, 75% of young Americans aren't military material because they have failed to graduate high school, have criminal records or are physically or mentally unfit.

Source: USA Today

Also, China and Russia are in cahoots with America. Russia is effectively a nation held together by Putin, and China just wants money. It could hardly care about war.

It is quite apparent from your comments that you actually know very little about Russia and China and their relationship with America.

Russia is so 'in cahoots' with America that it is positively beaming about the ring of missiles being built around it's borders. It really could not be happier than to have US missiles pointed at it. You think this means they are in cahoots? Let's see what they think about Ms Clinton's efforts in Azerbaijan, Poland and Georgia. I am so sure they will be even more delighted. Remember also that the United States is federation held together by Obama so what is the difference?

China holds the purse strings that can make or break America. Yes they are interested in money, but they can get than from all the new contacts they are making, notably Africa - but you probably have not researched that. If America were to remove Iran, and thus China's access to 11% of their oil I am sure they will be completely delighted. They will just love you to bits.

That leaves North Korea and Iran. Iran is one generation away from becoming like France, and N Korea is hardly even an enemy.

I am not quite sure what becoming like France is supposed to mean. It sounds horrible. Iran has launch capability as does North Korea. NK is unstable and has a huge army and no compunction about going to war with the States. It is highly likely that they will become only the second country in the world to use a nuclear weapon against civilians. I am sure that you are aware that America hold the dubious honour of being the first. Once again you lightly dismiss what you do not understand. Americas position is NOT unassailable and there is a growing band of people joining together with a common hated of the USA. America can be brought to it's knees in a matter of weeks, or possibly even days - and no I don't mean by war. Your position is the world as bullying dictators is getting weaker and weaker day by day. Your bravado and lack of knowledge of the way the world works is not doing you any favours.

The NWO is here already. The P5+1 discovered long ago that they gain more by working together than they do fighting each other. Iran and N korea are literally some of the last problems in their path, and they are push overs. The PTB are more interested in waiting it out than war, because to put it simply, time wins victories better than war.

There are many more problems than that, and this assumes that these countries are pushovers which I believe they are not.

Like it or not, you only have one possibility to stop the NWO. And that is if Americans revolt. Good luck on that happening.

No, crippling America would put a stop to any ideas of the NWO - who incidentally are just Zionists

Better to become part of the system and fix it than fight it. I made that decision a long time ago too.

By this I assume you mean part of what you assume to be the system, i.e. the United States and its domination of the rest of the world. By becoming part of the system you will not fix it, you will be assimilated and become but one of millions of zombie drones (drones in this case meaning workers - usually sterile). As long as they (the zombie drones) stay in America I have no problem with that. Good luck to you and you future career as an NWO subject. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Its funny how folks think that China and Russia ARENT in cahoots with the US. Keep dreaming.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

ZIonists?

lol.

You're dumb if you think Israel matters. Israel is nothing more than a US colony. Israel is also no longer that interesting, seeing as the US now controls pretty much the entire middle east except Syria and Iran.

Israel is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb. A nation we can throw into the fire and say "see, we're not on their side, we did not help them". If we ever get into bad trouble, we just let Israel fall and pretend we never supported them.

It is highly likely that Israel will be under house arrest soon BY the US.

Mind you the video is from 2005, before the US systems were hacked into by Iran. Now they are lots of times local signals. And many times the satellite merely relay communications for the ship, not the drone itself. IT career? Lovely. I can count on your incompetence to fail your endeavorer.

Nothing you said changes the fact that the P5+1 are in cahoots with each other and will never fight each other.

Putin said sorry for his spies, China forgives America for its reluctancy on its debt, America and Russia are the only real ones with a problematic relationship. But because, like you said, China holds the strings, they will not allow a war between them.

If America ever had a war with Russia, China would lose money, so it will not allow this. China and America will never go to war, because it would leave both of them decimated, and allow Russia to take over. China will never attack Russia because that's foolish for business. China would never attack America because it doesn't care. it just wants their money. Russia would never attack America because Russia historically has a horrible response rate to incoming air enemies, so it would lose a nuclear war. Russia would never attack China because it would lose.

There is a three way codependency between Russia America and China. There can never be a war between them because all three would be destroyed.

Your only hope to stop America, is America itself. An Americans do not revolt. They won't until the government really gets bad.

You're flat out of luck. The NWO was founded when the USSR fell, and it will never be gone

Best you can hope for it to become part of it to fix it. You'll never live to see America brought down in war.

The time on conquering is over. The entire universe is open to us now. Petty land grabs on a miserable rock in space means nothing anymore. In 80 years we will be on more than two other worlds and probably in another solar system. Get used to the way things are. The nations, especially the P5+1, are here to stay.

reply to post by illusive man

War is a video game. See target, select target, shoot target.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

There is a three way codependency between Russia America and China. There can never be a war between them because all three would be destroyed.

Does history repeat itself?

I wonder...

I dunno, at one time Germany, France and England were the world super powers of their time. All had huge fleets and nobody wanted to go to war becuase they feared it would end civilization. I know, they didn't have nukes, but still. I would never count out a war between any of them, Or any new possible global powers in development, India and Brazil for example. We will see what the world will be like in another 45 to 60 years.

Greed and power have always corrupted men.
Wars have been fought over much less in the past and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of that.

PEACE

Slay

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Kid -

Learn from an expert in the field who has more experience with war than Modern Warfare 2.

War On Iran
The Perfect Storm From Hell
By Timothy Alexander
7-6-8

As the global bankers' plan to bring down the American and world's economy continues (so that they can acquire as much of our wealth as possible at 'fire sale' prices ~ an old strategy), the world is facing another much worse danger. A regional war in the Middle East that will involve global strategic weapons of mass destruction with deaths in the hundreds of millions in North America, Europe, the Middle East and globally.

I have served as a consultant to three very high tech aerospace firms. My specialty is conceptualizing advanced warfare especially as it relates to new cutting edge advanced weapon systems. What I see unfolding with a war on Iran is the most frightening set of circumstances I have ever seen; and I have been involved in advanced theoretical weaponry strategy and design for over 20 years. (continued in link)

www.rense.com...

This will not play out in the way you invisage it.

What say you?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Neo_Serf]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

There's three plot holes there.

-If people have no money, they will not fight in wars.

-If People have no money, they will revolt, thus preventing the super powers from entering wars (a la russia WW1)

-Fewer people with lots of wealth makes for bigger targets in revolution (French revolution)

Now if you can go solve that problem, maybe your world can come true.

I really could care less what your experience and career is. This is the internet. You can be anyone you want to be. Thus what matters is how logical your statement is. Your logic has holes in it. It cannot come to pass.

reply to post by SLAYER69

History shows that once you have more than 3 super powers, bad things happen. WW1, WW2, and many other global wars that were not titled world wars all were because of too many super powers, and the entanglement between them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Using threat of violence and threats of economic ruin to get someone to agree to do what you want.

I cant remember. Is that blackmail or extortion?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Both. Better question is: Is it always wrong?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

um never in our history have we attacked any one fighting back? what are you smoking and where can i find some?
1.don't think i need to give a link for this one its jully 4th....our holiday of INDEPENDENCE when we kicked the crap out of the worlds super power (British empire any one?) we dont celebrate it for "#s and giggles"

2.civil war we fought each other and it was the bloodiest war in our history we seem to be good at killing each other least back then

3.ww1 we showed up late but we still did our fair share are u trying to say that the ottoman empire was a bunch of push overs?how about zeee Germans?

4.ww2 yeah the Russians could have finished it on there own at a horrible price but hey they sure didnt mind all that lend lease and i know more then a few Japanese that seem to think we can fight and any one doubting the fighting power of the empire of japan in the ww2 era is again insane and disrespects everything they fought for( keep in mind that we nuked them to PREVENT 1million plus casualty that's how much we FEARED the Japanese

5.we fought the Koreans and it didnt end like we wanted it to go but i can think of a MILLION dead Chinese that seem to think differnetly

6.Vietnam yeah we lost that one too on paper and on the fact that THEY fought so god damn hard that they actually kicked us out and remain that way to this day your comment disrespects all of THERE dead and ours no one can dobut there ability to fight a war so again where do u get your facts u can keep up your America bashing its fine idiots have a right to there own opinion too but don't disrespect the people from the county's that joined against us on the feild of battle as it dishonors them and you were not perfect some claim we are but thats false no one on the whole planet are perfect.

gulf war 2 Iraq had the 3rd largest army in the world and they surrendered by the droves some cases to helicopters and other aircraft instead of fight yeah there's insurgents but every nation that has ever tried to occupy some one elses country has at least gotten there teeth kicked in or kicked out of the country(i seem to rember some people saying something about our troops still being there,you again disrespect the Iraqi people and there fight to free there country so again who are u bashing us or evey ones we have fought a war with?

i seem to recall Russia tried to conquer the people of Afghanistan and oh wait they got kicked the hell out too were still there, ANYONE that says the afghans arent tough soilders is insane they are some of the most effective partisan fighting force this world has ever seen and they did it all while HIGH with surplus ww2 and even muzzle loading firearms i DARE you to tell one of those rebles they arent strong enough to put up a fight he will knock ur teeth right out of your head PS were still there!

back to the original topic of this post if china Russia Germany France us uk all decided hey lets carve up Iran (or any other nation) i don't think ANY COUNTRY ANY WHERE COULD STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING i don't condone civilian causality's anywhere any time but a lot of other country s don't have the qualms that we have about killing innocents u think the Russians care u think the CHINESE care about civilian casualty's because(hint research ww2) im pretty sure they don't. so again who are u trying to bash us or the entire rest of the world?

and if i seemed rude or disrespect full well hey its the 4th of jully as im posting this so sorry if im a bit upset at YOUR disrespect for history and im sorry for still being patriotic for my country dispite the mess its in.

pps has any other nation on this PLANET for good or bad tryed to help as many people as america has look at japan? soulth korea GERMANY we helped make them the powers they are today!

if any one wants to correct any errors i might have made in my statements

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Don't mind Puterman. He's so filled with hatred he's blind to logic.

He actually believes it's bad to have what you want.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Both. Better question is: Is it always wrong?

Yes.

Furthermore, in international relations, it is pointless. History has shown that when you use threats as a negotiation tactic, you will lose big in the long term. For examples, look at the remains of every former colonial power.

The Iranians can see the game being played here. Negotiations are pointless, because in a negotiation there must be a willingness for compromise. Even when Iran agrees to terms (as happened recently with the Iranian-Brazilian-Turkish deal), the threats continue as though nothing happened. Furthermore, when Iran gives ground, more is demanded - which is a completely illogical position for the West to take. It is dictatorial at best and casus belli at worst.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join