It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns that it will quit talks if UN sanctions are tightened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Iran warns that it will quit talks if UN sanctions are tightened

world.globaltimes.cn

A senior Iranian lawmaker has warned that Iran will quit talks on its nuclear program if the six major powers tighten fresh UN sanctions against the country, according to Iran's Press TV.
"If the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - Russia, China, France, Britain and the US - plus Germany (P5+1) tighten the UN Security Council sanctions Resolution 1929, they should not expect Iran to continue talks," IRNA quoted Head of the Iranian Parliament (Majlis) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi as saying Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
world.globaltimes.cn
blogs.abcnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran produces 17 kg of enriched uranium
Iran Arms Syria With Radar
Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is exactly what TPTB wanted all along. Since the U.S. has been waiting for years to attack Iran, this will only add fuel to the fire. I am interested to see what Obama will have to say about this. Not only are the sanctions going to effect Iran, they will also effect other countries as well. China is one of the countries that will be effected because they sell a lot of fuel to Iran. Iran also called the sanctions "meaningless"

world.globaltimes.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

You do realize that if P5+1 WERE to attack Iran, it would be like a breeze in the wind. Hardly a war.

I really fail to see any NWO what not here. This is literally a world security power enforcing their security authority.

If there ever was a conflict, it would be like the first gulf war. A tidbit in the history books.

This would not be a war. This would be a hammer on a bug. Hardly worth mentioning as a conflict. More like a massacre of a moronic leader bent on waving around in a dick waving contest where everyone else could not care less.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Gorman91]

Also consider the fact that Russia technically owes us one from the spy ring up, and China will always do what Russia does for business.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yep. Iraqs army was toast in a matter of days....in both wars. Iran's military isnt any better than Iraq's was pre-war. Iran wouldnt last 2 secs.

People just have no idea how destructive an all out bombing campaign can be when thousands of sorties are flown around the clock 24 hours a day. Iran just cannot sustain that or effectivelky defend against it. PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Very interesting development.

My advice to IRAN. would be, your country is doomed, and you will be blown out of kingdom come.

Your only hope is to spread your people around the world greatly so, soon IRAN will not exist anymore, but the people it is made of, are allowed to still live in different parts of the world and EXIST.

I am warning you now. Make IRAN disperse . Because if you do not, Not even Allah, or whoever you guys think of who is in charge can not stop western influence.

PS. Western life is so much better, try it out and your country may survive. But I doubt that will have a sliver of a chance.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yea. If they wanted a war, they could start and end it within the same week, literally.

The fact that they have not attacked after all this shows mercy and desire not for war, if anything at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Iran is a 2000+ cultural center of the world. It would be like trying to destroy the German culture, or the Russian culture.

Cannot be done.

In order to destroy Iran, you'd have to exterminate over a billion people. Because that is the number of people that recall back to the Aryans who lived there as their ancestors.

Iran is an immortal country, with Rome, Germany, and Russia. They are nations that can not be destroyed, even if the nation itself is destroyed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I dont think anyone wants to destroy the Iranian people-just the gov't and the military. Folks forget that before the revolution that Iran was very progressive and a friendly country to the West and enjoyed good relations. Those same people are still there-the Mullahs ruinning the place are the problem. If the people there thought they had a chance to overthrow the regime they would do it.

The US wouldnt even have to put boots on the ground. An all out campaign would decimate tyhe Iranian military complex in a matter of days and from there the Iranian citizens could take back their country with no further help from the outside.

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by wiredamerican

Iran is a 2000+ cultural center of the world. It would be like trying to destroy the German culture, or the Russian culture.

Cannot be done.

In order to destroy Iran, you'd have to exterminate over a billion people. Because that is the number of people that recall back to the Aryans who lived there as their ancestors.

Iran is an immortal country, with Rome, Germany, and Russia. They are nations that can not be destroyed, even if the nation itself is destroyed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Any war with Iran will not be over in a matter of days ,you can bomb the hell out of them but that is only that start.Look at Iraq still there fighting,Afghanistan still there fighting .Both of these countries had truckloads of bombs dropped on them and all that does is make people more determined to fight back.If Iran dropped bombs on U.S soil and killed your family would you just say thanks ,now i am free.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree that th P5+1 would dominate Iran, according to this site Iran's military is more powerful than Canada's military. I think it would take a little longer than a week. I also think that the U.S. would want to occupy Iran and make it a democracy. That is America's modus operandi, isn't it?

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

You do realize that if P5+1 WERE to attack Iran, it would be like a breeze in the wind. Hardly a war.

Oh really, and what experience do you have of war to be able to make that judgement. Absolutely NO conflict is a breeze in the wind and soldiers and innocent civilians get hurt, maimed and killed. Your dismissive attitude towards war disgusts me.

I really fail to see any NWO what not here. This is literally a world security power enforcing their security authority.

"A world security power"?? Are we referring here to the Security Council or some self aggrandisement by the United States who for it's own nefarious ends without care, consideration or concern for anyone or anything throws it's weight around in the world?

If there ever was a conflict, it would be like the first gulf war. A tidbit in the history books.

Casualties and losses
  • Between 240-392 killed (not including the invasion of Kuwait)
  • 776 wounded
  • 20,000-35,000 casualties

Kuwaiti civilian deaths:
Over 1,000 Kuwaiti civilians estimated killed during the Iraqi occupation in addition to 300,000 MADE refugees.

Iraqi civilian deaths:
About 3,664 Iraqi civilians killed.

Other civilian deaths:
2 Israeli civilians killed, 230 injured
1 Saudi civilian killed, 65 injured

Source

Once again your arrogance is unspeakable. These were humans that were killed not tidbits in a history book. Do you feel the same about the 9/11 deaths?

This would not be a war. This would be a hammer on a bug. Hardly worth mentioning as a conflict. More like a massacre of a moronic leader bent on waving around in a dick waving contest where everyone else could not care less.

The leader of Iran is far from moronic rest assured. Not only is he an intelligent man but if you bothered to appraise yourself of the news you would find that he is building up good relationships with many countries who are also sick of American aggression.

Also consider the fact that Russia technically owes us one from the spy ring up, and China will always do what Russia does for business.

Spy ring. And you seriously consider that America does not/has not had spies in Russia? Their crime was getting caught. Take off the rose tinted glasses and take a look at the world in the real light. You are spouting complete nonsense and have not one iota of an idea about what really goes on in this world.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes the USA is very good at doing war at a distance - carpet bombing, using drones and attacking people who they think cannot or will not stand up to them.

I note that never in US history has it attacked any country that might bite back. Make of that what you will.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

I also think that the U.S. would want to occupy Iran and make it a democracy.

And just what in this world do you think gives the US the right to determine that any country that has oil or assets needs occupying to give them a western style democracy?

Would you like China to side with America and determine that the US would be better off with their style of government, and thus invade and steal all your assets?

By the way you might wish to appraise yourself of the equipment of the Iranian armed forces before considering them such a pushover

Equipment of the Iranian Army
Aircraft of the Iranian Airforce
The Iranian Navy

[edit on 4/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I don't think that anything gives the U.S. the right to "nation build", that's just what the U.S. has always tried to do when involved in a conflict.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Iran is already a democracy. It's just a fake democracy because of the Mullahs. I studied Iranian government in Highschool with a host of other nations. Their government as it is now is perfectly set up so that if you bombed the nuclear facilities, a few military locations, and wherever the Mullahs were, you could just sit by the camp fire and wait a month and the Iranian people would make themselves a new government. The US controls every nation on the border. So it's more like a petri dish. Outside influence would be very limited due to US border presence. Just let the people do their work. Drop a few leaflets about them going to the capital and starting a new gov. We would barely do a thing.

As to their military, it is outdated and would be destroyed in less than a week.

Iran has a few UAVs and a few interesting things, including a T-95-like program. But for all purposes, they could never survive a week at war with the US alone, let Alone the P5+1.

The simple fact is that Iran has no military equivalent of our bombers and fighters and UAVs.

I was actually thinking about making a post about this, but the US is currently undergoing a military upgrade between 2008 through 2015-16ish. The US is already a half century ahead of the rest of the word, but now they want to be a full century ahead of the world.

To give you the short version, this year alone, the M16 is being replaces, as well as possible the m4. The m1a2 Abram is suppose to begin being replaced with the a3 Abrams soon, and several other military items are being replaced.

IF the US were to go to war with Iran in 2011, this would be what the US would be fighting with:

And if we wait till the end of this upgrade time period to attack? We would be fighting with this in 2015:

By the time the US finishes this upgrade in 2016, the US will be a full century ahead of the world. Iran would hardly have a chance. And to get a hand of that technology? the P5+1 will do what we want.

In addition to this, nations like Egypt and Iraq have already agreed to do what we want to get their hands on the M1A3 Abrams.

War Corporatism. Be careful.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

To tell you the truth, those statistics on the Iraq war would be called good for a war.

That's why war sucks.

Iran would be destroyed in a week if they were attacked.

My experience in war? Experience counts for barely anything these days. It's select target, press button. That's war. It's cruel and inhumane, but that's what war is.

Look above at my videos I posted. by 2016 the US WILL be that powerful. And you damn well better guess that they already have that tech on some luck few elite troops somewhere already.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, but look at Afghanistan, The U.S. and other coalition forces have been fighting there for 9+ years now. The forces the coalition troops are fighting against are using all of the the same tecnology that the vietcong did in the late 60's.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Excuse me Sir, but a large portion and majority of the world knows exactly what an all out bombing campaign 24/7 is like, "WHY"

Because the American military have shoved down the publics throat how big and strong they are, how brave to rally the World before a conflict! remember they would go into Iraq II unless Tony Blair would commit to support?

How many countries have the Americans invaded since WWII (34)

www.word-power.co.uk...

How many countries have IRAN invaded (0)

Personally, I think the Iranian leadership is a part of the NWO and will be spirited out once and it finally erupts over there! remember the story of Saddam spirited away from Bagdad Airport and one of his impersonators hung

www.monitor.net...

For all your bravado, I'd be more concerned that the great people of America who are being driven into poverty, your economy is being systematically dismantled, your food chain is 90% GM, water is full of mind bending chemicals to pacify the masses into submission, and well if your really intrested in what's happening at home you'll know the rest,

However before we go Iranian bashing, firstly they are not so called Rag Heads or Arabs! they are Persian and 99% are law abiding, loving freedom loving people with a sense of humour and an eternal sense of hope that the minority that are pulling the strings around the world will for once give up and give peace a chance,

So please, imagine an all out strike on the USA following the decades of threats, invasions: It really doesn't bear thinking about and the thought that 99% of Iranian's are going to be turned into glass or vapourised because of a few bad souls fill me with horror,

Please drop the bravado, I have travelled extensively with my work and holidays including America where I lived and worked, Israel (work), and the one primary characteristic is we all have a sense of humour and embrace people of different cultures with a smile,

stand up against the, NWO, your Government. not wish and hope another culture/race is oblitersted,

Becarful what you wish for,

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That's because they don't ever plan to leave. Like Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and so many many more, the US plans to stay there forever.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

Very well said.

Since I need a second line I will say it again - Very well said.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join