It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long has this been going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have been reading up on politics and world affairs, as well as the conspiracies that go along with them for maybe the last 5 years. What I started wondering today was, How long has this doom been going on for? Noone can deny that there are people warning constantly about impending doom with the earth and economically and socially. Stories seem to come in at a nonstop pace. So for the people who have been paying attention maybe for the last 10, 15, 20 years I have these questions...

How long has this barrage of conspiracies been comming in?

How long now has the world been on the edge of collapse?

Have you actually ever seen the effects or consquences of any conspiracy that you knew of beforehand? (ex: predicted 9/11..or..knew they were going to kill JFK)

Has knowledge of these conspiracies ever improved your life?

Do you believe certain people are attracted to conspiracy theories?

What do you honestly believe the world will be like in 10 years? (2020)

Do any of you (like me) have a fear of losing/addiction to the internets vast amount of information.

If the economy recovered or things got better would you actually be sad that predictions didn't come true?

I just need to know if all of this time I spend trying to keep up with whats going on is worth it. It did seem like I was happier when I didn't give a crap. I am starting to think maybe without the internet I can just focus on living and if things SHTF or TEOTWAWKI then I can at least die knowing I enjoyed life. Seriously, I'm a fat guy that looks like a teenage, my chances of surviving something huge is naturally lower than say a mountain hermit. And if things really get as bad as they say they will...Why would I even want to try and survive?

Just some questions and some thoughts. Thanks for reading/replying.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

I think it's probably been going on since the beginning of time. I've said it before, but I'm sure that every generation has felt like they knew better than their elders. That their group was going down the wrong path and it was going to spell doom for everyone.

Years ago it was nukes and rock and roll. Before that it was Germany taking over. Today its terrorism, economic collapse, and sexting. We adapt and move on. We're still here.

Knowledge of conspiracies has improved my life. They're fun to read about.

In 10 years, I'm sure things will be similar.

Would I be disappointed if things recovered? To a point. I'm an out of work computer engineer. Me and my wife and kids lost our house. I suppose I would feel a little bit better if everything went to crap and everyone was brought down to the same level as me. However, I certainly don't want everyone to starve to death or be hurt in any way. I would just like the government to take notice and to give me a hand.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Mayson]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

I feel there is not total gloom at the end of your road.

Seriously, I'm a fat guy that looks like a teenage, my chances of surviving something huge is naturally lower than say a mountain hermit. And if things really get as bad as they say they will...Why would I even want to try and survive?

Each pound of body fat, on average contains 3500 calories. Calories are units of measure of body energy.

So if SHTF and you were in a survival mode, then your body could easily survive off of 800 calories per day for a long time. So if you were 100 lbs over weight, in theroy you could out last thin people by say, more than a year.

In the SHTF scenario, the only people walking around just might be like people that are like you and me. The bigger ones.

There is a purpose to the bigness.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I love your answer...put a smile on my face.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

I know what you mean, sometimes it would be better to collapse and start back over...economy wise

top topics

join