It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God allow the existance of people who go to hell?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread590329/pg27#pid9358441]

God is not corrupt in the very reality that sin, or evil, or injustice, causes us to be furthur from God. God does know everything. but he is a being of total LOVE. Love is not a description but an actual being. God is love. As for reference in the bible, that I do believe as the word of love, is acting on total behalf of human kind. If God waged a war against Hitler you would be praising him. But you see him waging wars against historical evil men and you say there is blood on his hands???...all because it was sooo long ago...you don't care what they did. You are the enemy...not God.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

As others have said, I believe we have been given the choice as to how we express ourselves. Then we learn from the outcome of those choices. The negative and positive seem to act as a catalyst to each other. Eventually we see the right action that benefits all.
Eternal hell does not seem right to me. I don't know. It could just mean a long time. Maybe those who choose evil can step out of it with a proven change of heart, with free will.
I've often pondered as well, the secluded tribes who love the sun each morning and work close to the land. I honestly believe GOD would recognize the true spirits, who intend good, no matter what religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For some to learn from. I really am not sure...who can be sure, in all honesty?
edit on 11-1-2012 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The light of meditation is open to all but rarely can people access it because the spiritual books have been neglected and the search for truth is lacking in society. There are many obstacles to the truth and few will ever find it. Simply being nice to everyone is not the final goal of metaphysics. The final goal is to experience the light within the mind. That is all.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The light of meditation is open to all but rarely can people access it because the spiritual books have been neglected and the search for truth is lacking in society. There are many obstacles to the truth and few will ever find it. Simply being nice to everyone is not the final goal of metaphysics. The final goal is to experience the light within the mind. That is all.

All will find it eventually. The very purpose of our existence is to gain the experience needed to learn that being "nice" to one another and treating each other right is the ultimate goal of our existence so we can live out eternity in peace freedom love and enjoyment on all levels and planes with out harming others and ourselves or disrupting the peace and harmony of the higher planes. The here and now is merely one step on the ladder of progression. All things we experience both negative and positive help us learn and progress to the next step.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
He doesnt interfere because thats free will. And if he did interfere , humans would still probably complain
. Its your choice of whether you want God in your life or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As far as I know, there's no such thing as eternal hell, except perhaps for any one who can never ever be trusted time and time again ad infinitum, proven again and again to be untrustworthy. It always comes down to an issue of trust and of worthiness.

"Well done you good and faithful servant, I see that you can be trusted in little things. Therefore now I will give you even greater things to do."

oh to hear those words.. God have mercy on me and on my fellow men and women.

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do."
~ Jesus, from the cross

"worthy is the lamb"
~ The Revelation of John

For the record, I think that the karmic wheel is sufficient to work out the problem of human sin and evil, with Christ himself as the fully self-realized Bodhisatva capable of resolving it's inevitable paradox. In this way, we are left with the resonsibility to cast away any part of ourselves which might stand between us and the perfection of the wholeness and integrity of the eternal Godhead. However, if we refuse to forgive as we are forgiven, then we're in some deep doo doo, and that, the inability to forgive, wrecks havok in our world. Jesus understood this perfectly and in this way, he alone is worthy, and trustworthy and true.

edit on 13-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
God (pun intended), this discussion...

"Good" and "Bad" are concepts made and created by PEOPLE.

What is "good" for one might be what someone else considers "bad".

For me, it's nothing but blasphemy to attribute our HUMAN, self made criteria what is good and what is bad to a God.

Sorry, this is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to easy.

I can make up some political system, society, belief etc. and claim "this and that is GOOD" and "this and that is evil"....and just to make it impossible to even ask whether this is actually right...i say "God says so".

As has been proven over and over in the past how politicians, societies, regimes, dictators, power hungry leaders etc. "made up" for themselves what is *considered" good or bad - and attributed it to "God" to be out of responsibilty for their undoings.

Because that way, you can make your OWN law and call whatever you want "good" or "bad"....or you can impose YOUR OWN morale to others...*thinking* and making others believe that this morale is the right one "because God said so".

Of course there are zillions of examples, but one would be if someone says that eg. nudity is a sin and "bad", or that and that race/religion/political is bad and MINE is the "good" one.

Short: I have some doubts that a God was making those rules what is good and what is bad.

edit on 13-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join