It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God allow the existance of people who go to hell?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Once you understand why you reject those other Gods you will then understand why I reject yours.

Logic and reasoning is a bitch.

Not at all, you don't know me, you don't know what i've been trough, i first got a hint about the truth but that wasn't enough, this 2 years i've been doing extensive research that icludes the internet, several books christians and no christians, i've been to several churches like the mormons, jehova's witnesses, catholics, evangelics, the seventh seal, adventists, etc and read several of their books and/or magazines. And thanks to reasoning and logic based on my research i found all of these religions have perverted the word of God and are deceiving people but the Bible is true.
I won't tell you what i've found in my research, you have to do your own research but i guess you won't. Before i found the truth i also read the Bible and studied with some evangelics and Jehova's witnesses pushed by my family. They teach you about how Jesus will save you and the law of God and that stuff, but that wasn't enough for me because i thought "ok it sounds beautiful but i don't believe it... i need proof" I always felt like that until as i said before i got a hint and that's when i began really searching for the truth and i've come to the conclusion that we are being lied, you need to start questioning your "reality" think a little bit you'll see that what we've been tought is not always 100% true.
I've studied other religions, i had and still have passion for Greek mithology and Nordic also so i'm familiar with other gods but there's nothing to support those miths nowadays but there's real evidence for the Christian God. And every Bible's prophecy has been fulfilled and you can't deny that and don't come up with stuff like "the Bible contradicts itself..." "the Bible this..." "the Bible that..." Once you read every book, every chapter, every verse, every word, every letter of the Bible you'll see there's no contradiction, there's no mistake, there's no error.

Edit:
By the way when you said that i have to believe in other gods because God says in the Bible that i have to reject other gods, well i see that you have no clue about the Bible at all!
God says DON'T WHORSHIP other gods nor idols and he said that because other nations had their own gods, but God always said that those gods were false, he proved this when the "gods" of egypt didn't stop the Israelites from getting out of Egypt. He proved other gods false when the Israelites were on the desert, they fought several nations with armies way bigger and way more powerful and way more advanced than them and God crushed those armies that whorshipped other gods.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by orumlight]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
I've always questioned why God, who is omni-present, allows the existence of people who will never make the decision to become "saved", and will go to hell..

Why would a God who is all loving, not want someone to exist? Could it be, that they aren`t truly bad at heart, and God knows this?

According to the Bible, we all make our own decisions, and we are responsible for those decisions.

Yes, that is the reason for free will, as we have both good and bad within us, it allows us to pick which one we want to use during our life time.

But, if God KNOWS our decisions will place us in hell, then why would he allow us to come into existence?

Hell can be a state of mind, or even something we create for ourselves in our everyday life, but not a place.

How can God "love us all" if God knows we are destined for hell?

If you had a child who was bad, would you stop loving them, and not want them to exist?

What about the people who are born in total seclusion, and never have the chance to even hear about the Bible? Why would they be equally responsible compared to the ones who willfully ignore the Bible?

Because the bible has nothing to do with it. God, or even salvation isn`t in a book. When you are at your lowest point in your life, and have no other place to turn to, to find God or salvation, the last place to look, is within. As the old sayings go, knock and the door will open. Seek and ye shall find.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

According to the Apocalypse of Peter, Peter was told in a vision by Jesus that everyone in Hell will eventually be rehabilitated and leave for Heaven. Sort of along the lines of Niven/Pournelle's Inferno.

Peter wasn't supposed to spill the beans because people would be tempted to sin freely knowing that eventually they'd "graduate" anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by orumlight

but the Bible is true.

The bible in no way depicts origins accurately and is nothing more than a rehashing of older creation mythologies.

I won't tell you what i've found in my research

Your type usually doesn't.

you need to start questioning your "reality" think a little bit you'll see that what we've been tought is not always 100% true.

Thus was born Atheism.

And every Bible's prophecy has been fulfilled

Yea, as well as every other religious doctrine out there with the exception of prophecies yet to pass... Sort of like the bible!

Once you read every book, every chapter, every verse, every word, every letter of the Bible you'll see there's no contradiction, there's no mistake, there's no error.

I've read the bible many time's, it's still riddled with contradictions, mistakes and errors.

God crushed those armies that whorshipped other gods.

Well, technically history shows the early Judaic-Christian mythology followers to be a violent bunch that went about on holy wars destroying everything and everyone that didn't conform to their mythology. God really had nothing to do with it as he has no more power than any other deity worshiped.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Non of Your Business

Hope it's not to simple For You.
ask your Mom why she held your hand wile crossing the street?
She told you she didn't want you to get hit by a car, Right.
I can do it all by my self, son says.
No says Mom, I don't want you to suffer, because i suffer with you.

Son runs out in the street and gets killed.

People think there adults and know every thing about life, yet they do things that are wrong on purpose.

All they had to do is the right thing and not measure up to the next guy.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I read the book on Modern Physics twice, and it's a riddle with contradictions in it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Jews invented Heaven, Hell and Martyrdom - or they at least put the ideas into heavy practice by scaring the "gentiles" (laymen) into obedience.

Look how ignorant, subservient and hypocritical modern "Christians" are...

Would the biblical Jesus be using money and shopping at Wal-Mart if he were here today? I think not.

Organized religion is a control device.
Common sense should be the only "religion".

[edit on 8-7-2010 by DeReK DaRkLy]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by DeReK DaRkLy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

but the Bible is true.

The bible in no way depicts origins accurately and is nothing more than a rehashing of older creation mythologies.

I won't tell you what i've found in my research

Your type usually doesn't.

you need to start questioning your "reality" think a little bit you'll see that what we've been tought is not always 100% true.

Thus was born Atheism.

And every Bible's prophecy has been fulfilled

Yea, as well as every other religious doctrine out there with the exception of prophecies yet to pass... Sort of like the bible!

Once you read every book, every chapter, every verse, every word, every letter of the Bible you'll see there's no contradiction, there's no mistake, there's no error.

I've read the bible many time's, it's still riddled with contradictions, mistakes and errors.

God crushed those armies that whorshipped other gods.

Well, technically history shows the early Judaic-Christian mythology followers to be a violent bunch that went about on holy wars destroying everything and everyone that didn't conform to their mythology. God really had nothing to do with it as he has no more power than any other deity worshiped.

Really?

Well then Mr/Mrs Know-it-all
I have a challenge for you

If what you said is true and you really "have read the Bible many times..." then this will be a piece of cake!

1.- ¿Why Moses didn't get to enter to the promised land?
2.- ¿What was King Solomon's biggest sin?
3.- ¿Who was Paul before following Jesus?
-----
1.- Tell me one prophecy of any religion you want that was fulfilled and tell me how and when it got fulfilled.
2.- Tell me one mistake/error or contradiction you've found in the Bible.

I could go on but those questions are enough i hope you answer without google

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"Why Moses didn't get to enter to the promised land?"

May we answer this one?

Because it is the Messiah who leads the people into the promised land and he is the rock that comes from the mountain where his Father is at.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Because she knows that LOVE will conquer all.

Peace be with you!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Its all about progression and all set backs are temporal,nothing is permanent and the one demanding animal sacrifice and wars in the bible isnt the Family of Light/Infinite Creator/Creators/Designers as we truly all are, the many branches of the vine, the inifinite rays of light, endless, infinite progression. That is an annanuki. The religions are all coded to Satrun. El = Saturn. Is Ra El. Isis Ra (law of one fame and ancient Egypt trinity) and El/Saturn (being the biggest, Osiris implications as well).

www.catholicpressphoto.com...
Pope Benedict XVI, wearing his Saturn hat, greets the faithful at the end of his weekly general audience in St. Peter's square at the Vatican, Wednesday, June 17, 2009.

andrew.rutajit.com...

Very good read.

No, this isn’t an article about the “black pope” (at least not directly). People who qualify as Men In Black are people whose official outfit is all black, like Judges and Priests (…both wear black robes; people stand when either of them enters the room…be it the congregation or the courtroom and jurors. In both a church and a courtroom, the judge/priest will be separated from the people by a little wood fence with a brass gate. Both look down upon the people from an elevated alter or bench…there are more similarities, but that is not the direction I’m going here), many times you will see in a college graduation ceremony, the graduates wear all black (by the way, when you graduate, you wear a [Masonic] square mortar board on top of your head…this is a dramatization of certain African tribes who strapped wood boards to their heads and wore them for years as their heads grew… thus flattening the tops of their heads. It is a symbol for a cut off point to your learning....

Throughout antiquity, each planet was assigned a color…earth is the blue planet, Mars is red, Venus is green…Saturn is the black planet. All of the elders who worshiped Saturn wore black robes. They worshipped El, which was there word for Saturn. In Sumerian, Saturn was referred to as The Black Sun (an obvious reference to an eclipse, more on that in moment)…The Gestapo, wearing all black, was once called The Order of the Black Sun. The word Satan and the word Saturn have the same “DNA” so to speak. These men in black who worship this black planet are on the Dark side, with the all black Darth Vader. Darth Vader by the way was in the Empire Strikes Back…New York is the Empire State, it’s the hub of America, it is the State of the new world Empire. What would this Empire State be striking back against? How about Rome? Remember, England broke away from the old York or the old world order (Rome) and made a New York here in America.

So, before there was a place called Israel, there was that area of land that is today named Israel. ....The word used in this Canaanite language for Saturn is EL. It has often been said (though, I don’t particularly agree) that the word Israel is actually 3 words in one – Isis (the virgin mother of the Egyptian god Horus) Ra (The Egyptian sun god) and El, Saturn. Isis, Ra, and El…IsRaEl.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Do people who worship buddah go to hell because they believed in the wrong god? If they do then I'm kicking god in the balls when I see him. Religion is evil, try to be a good person and you'll find your place.

Read the bible for the lessons but don't devote yourself to a story that was likely written by bitter old men with ill intentions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
The Piso family created all that nonsense to unify all of the superstitious mythical stories at the time into one book for the foolish, uneducated masses. Unfortunately, the foolish uneducated masses still exist today.

Examples like this are just one of the many reasons for which Bible believers are regarded as extremely ignorant. They refuse to research the origins of their Bible which is purely the work of plagiarism. Its characters and stories are all based on much earliers god figures, fable, and myths.

So in reality, theres no reason to worry about a fictional book. The only thing to worry about is these knucklehead folks who spew bible versus and fear at us as if it is all non-fictional.

Folks that are too lazy to research their faith deserve to live in fear over that nonsense. But what angers the rest is when they try to push that fear off onto others. If they would keep it to themselves, they wouldnt have so many folks disgusted by them and their cults.

Kind of like pushing the fear of it not existing with your opinion? I do not understand the reason for people to "push" their beliefs on other as you are so obviously doing here but then mocking it.

Not to mention you are calling people who have a spiritual connection to something you cannot understand extremely ignorant? How about let people lay their cards down as they please and stop "pushing" your own views onto them.

We all understand what we need in this life. For people to think that the good book was written for only a few thousand years of infinity is a bit premature. Everything is in this life for us to understand something more. Let people who like apples eat apples, and people who like oranges eat oranges. Just try not to feed the trolls apples or oranges..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
God has unconditional love for all of us. Unconditional means that there is nothing that you can do to make him love you more, nothing you can do to make him love you less. He wants you to love him, too, but he's not going to force you to do so, that's the free will bit.

***snip***

I'd buy this argument if not for one key factor.

If He has an unconditional love for me and I'm a good guy, why the blazes does he allow bad people to make their bad choices and have those bad choices affect me?

Unconditional love?
He sure does show it in a strange way.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by orumlight
***snip***
2.- Tell me one mistake/error or contradiction you've found in the Bible.
***snip***

Leviticus has numerous offences where people should be killed as punishment.

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hell is a concept created by certain organized religions to keep people scared enough to remain a contributing member of said religion. Plain and simple, its a scare tactic... you stray from our groups mentality, you suffer for eternity. Thats the simple answer...

The psychology involved, and why it works take a while longer to explain (i.e. ascertaining that the after life is full human-like material and earthy objects whether torturous or enlightening to convey a "real and serious" threat to the non-believers).

Hell does not exist except for that of your mind frame at any given time while here on earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

If you ever want to have fun with a religious fanatic who is a bit caught up in more sorcerer like elements of the bible. Ask them where Ghandi is? He didnt believe in many things that Christians would send non Christians to hell for. So is Ghandi currently stuck in a pit of fire?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by oilwatchernx2
Read the bible for the lessons but don't devote yourself to a story that was likely written by bitter old men with ill intentions.

If only the majority of our world's religions preached this fact as there most important concept, than our world would be a much kindler gentler place.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
reply to post by Salamandy

If you ever want to have fun with a religious fanatic who is a bit caught up in more sorcerer like elements of the bible. Ask them where Ghandi is? He didnt believe in many things that Christians would send non Christians to hell for. So is Ghandi currently stuck in a pit of fire?

It's debated in the area of Romans 8 in the New Testament. The actual discussion starts a bit earlier but that's the place to start looking. The conclusion that's reached is that God's not constrained to send anyone in particular to hell, he may have "pre-conformed them" to Christ, whether they believed or perhaps had never known OF Christ. IIRC, the topic starts off as or ends up debating whether or not Moses is rotting in hell having never known Christ, yet having been beloved of God.

edit: I haven't grabbed a NT to look, I may be misremembering, but that's what pops to mind as far as the chapter and book.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh cool so there is a debate about it. Seems like a lot of filibustering to me. Honestly I dont understand if your were providing a succinct answer for me or pointing me in the direction of some type of wacky debate. Ghandi was fully aware of Jesus the man and what his many perceptions of him were. Nobody is sitting in a pit of fire. The pit of fire is more than likely your guilt when you do things you know are wrong throughout life.

Metaphor is the best way to get people to draw parallels.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Salamandy]

and look when i was in church as a youngster i was told that when i go to heaven there would not be any lions or bears or animals there. I looked forward to heaven so much just so i could snuggle with these beasts like i couldnt here on earth. so if there is a hell, there must be animals to snuggle with in heaven...

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Salamandy]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join