It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they exist or not? Grand Finale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have one simple question for ATS. Seems like the most credible videos on ATS are all debunked as hoax. I've never seen so many people try to disprove UFO videos or photos. Seems like some skeptics will try to make anything up as long as its not ET's in the video or photo. The most common words I hear is (Reflection, Bug, Dust, Camera problems, Plane, Bird) Does ATS have ONE just ONE video where people are saying well, WTH is that thing? To me the NASA Anomalies video is my favorite and I think best video around but thats just me. It seems to me that ATS is out to disprove the presence of ET's in our solar system or Atmosphere for that matter. So my simple question is Do Aliens exist or not?
I appreciate your feed back!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"That's 500 billion planets out there, and bear in mind there are 100 billion other galaxies. To think this [the Earth] is the only place where anything interesting is happening, you have got to be really audacious to take that point of view."

Seth Shostak, SETI senior astronomer

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
I have one simple question for ATS. Seems like the most credible videos on ATS are all debunked as hoax. I've never seen so many people try to disprove UFO videos or photos. Seems like some skeptics will try to make anything up as long as its not ET's in the video or photo. The most common words I hear is (Reflection, Bug, Dust, Camera problems, Plane, Bird) Does ATS have ONE just ONE video where people are saying well, WTH is that thing? To me the NASA Anomalies video is my favorite and I think best video around but thats just me. It seems to me that ATS is out to disprove the presence of ET's in our solar system or Atmosphere for that matter. So my simple question is Do Aliens exist or not?

I must say i completely agree.... and half the time it is something as simple as.... "what are you stupid, you can see the bird flapping its wings...."

most of the debunkers never try to prove anything except that you are 'crazy'

then again.... when you take it to the space "ufos" , well they are obviously all just space debris, ice, meteors, etc (sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm a believer but I'm also one of the debunkers. I'm tired of people taking photos and videos of nameable, identifiable or common objects and trying to pass them off as UFOs too. No wonder the world thinks we believers are crackpots when the photos and videos are so easily debunked. Show me some I can't name and I'll show you enthusiasm.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

[color=C6AEC7]I think they exist - I cant believe that we are the only creatures in the entire universe. (I guess what Im not entirely sure about though, is whether these creatures have nothing better to do than to fly across the universe and abduct us for experiments
)

The problem though with video/photographic proof is that like you say, most of it can be debunked, either easily or not so easily. Which leaves us with hardly anytihng to go on. But I think that just because the supposed evidence turns out to be fake, doesnt disprove that aliens exist.

Ive always pondered to myself though, what would it take for me to believe such a photo or video? What piece of evidence would be real to me? Is there any evidence that we would definitively say is real, or would it always be subject to interpretation?

Maybe the existence of aliens is simply something that can never be proven.

Even if we as humans ever landed on another planet and took a photo of a spaceman shaking hands with the leader of that planet, there would still be people who would say the picture was faked, and that could even include me.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

i hear ya on that.... most of them are obviously planes and what not.... my only problem is the ones that take cheapshots at people without any evidence to back up their own claims.....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can someone please show me something thats not debunked? What about the phoenix lights? Or that weird ashtar radio message? Im just wodering, I would love to see something great. I've seen one UFO in my life so I'm a believer, I just wish i could have got it on camera.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think the answer is yes. But we still don't know what they are, or what IT is. I've seen a shape-shifting craft from quite close up. By the time I got my camera it had moved on a tad, and my camera was crap, but it did show up in the pics. So they're real and can be filmed. That means, to me anyway, that some of the debunked pics and movies we see are probably genuine UFOs. Don't know which ones though because I didn't take the videos/pics myself and not everyone can be trusted and I'm not an expert in photo analysis.

I'm dying to see the China footage. There were three snaps of a UFO circulating the internet after the solar eclipse there and supposedly they came from some footage that was filmed during the eclipse, (was that last year or the year before? I forget.) Anyway, the footage is to be studied before it's let out. I WANNA SEE IT! The pics remind my of my own sighting.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I haven't been able to debunk the Phoenix lights
. I'd love to think they're the real deal. I seriously doubt they are flares since flares would not remain equidistant from one another nor do they burn uniformly.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

the phoenix lights are compelling..... i think the second one may have been flares...... as in.....a fter the original reports came in they said... oh god.... what do we do now..... well just send a plane in drop some flares, theres our cover up.....

now here's what blows my mind.... the supposed reason for dropping the 8 or 9 "flares" was because it would have been more cost efficient to drop them rather then bring them back to the hangar and put them in storage.....

that was the official release...... i mean cmon dude..... you just wasted a bunch of merchandise lol

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yes there are alien lifeforms, but they will not come here to us warmongering idiots to help us from th sh*t we turned our world into.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a really good ufo video or picture that people cant complain that its a speaker in the reflection of the car window =) I know i dont have LEDS on my speakers lmao

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The vast majority of videos and images can be classed as hoaxes and/or mis-identifications.

But to answer your other question you can refer to this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
People dont believe wehn someone tells their story.
People dont believe when someone actually tries to get it on camera.
People still dont believe the word of soemone who analized the footage.

I believe because no DOUBT there are carvings from anciant civilizations....cant deny those.

You never know, other lifeforms probably likely know what heading our way, and once we are destroyed, we have new occupants ready to move in.

but ANYONE who says there are no other beings out there besides us is definately full of crap. (with all caps)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Not only do they exist, they have been on this planet since before modern human even existed. Humans are very arrogant to think that just because they cannot perceive something with their five senses, that it isn't there. The five senses "lock" and limit reality. Remember this.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I like the Hudson Valley UFO video of 1984.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Seems like the most credible videos on ATS are all debunked as hoax.

If something can be debunked, then it is not credible. The two terms are mutually exclusive.

Seems like some skeptics will try to make anything up as long as its not ET's in the video or photo. The most common words I hear is (Reflection, Bug, Dust, Camera problems, Plane, Bird)

Do you deny that such things cannot be mistaken for "UFOs" or used as hoaxes?

Does ATS have ONE just ONE video where people are saying well, WTH is that thing?

Certainly. But ultimately, what does that mean?

It seems to me that ATS is out to disprove the presence of ET's in our solar system or Atmosphere for that matter.

As we should. That may sound counter-intuitive, but in science we seek not to confirm our beliefs but falsify them. If our beliefs can stand up to rigid scrutiny, only then do we know they are true things.

So my simple question is Do Aliens exist or not?

Yes, without a doubt. We are not alone. But are they coming here, that is what you are really asking, right? Well...doubtfully but hopefully.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Can someone please show me something thats not debunked?

Even if something has not been debunked, what does it ultimately mean?

What about the phoenix lights?

The Phoenix Lights is one of those cases where everyone is convinced they know the answer but no one can prove it.

Or that weird ashtar radio message?

You mean the Southern Television interruption in 1977? Totally debunked.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

YES!!!
"Aliens" exist.
I have no doubt about that.

But that's my opinion only...

And of course, most videos and pictures out there are hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread!

In my own opinion, I think it is quite likely that we may have been visited by aliens through UFOs. I think this because of the huge amount of testimony from credible wtinesses, a few very interesting videos, and many unexplained photographs.

However, I have never seen one, and we do not have definite proof of UFOs or Aliens on earth. Therefore, to remain intellectually honest, I have to say I do not believe (meaning I am not completely positive) that they have come to earth.

This is only my opinion!

As for interesting cases, refer to Phage's post. I'll have to check it out as well!

Kind regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join