It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Kansas State Trooper Advises Gulf Coast Residents to EVACUATE Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey Guys

I'm listening to this now and am very concerned, because I AM a Gulf Coast resident in South Florida.

I'd like to know what ya'll think about this one. PLEASE, no "fear-mongering" accusations. I'm JUST looking for opinions.

Thanking you all in advance.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Link

not

working.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Try this

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks. I suck at links. Most appreciated.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

The only thing you need to put in the youtube box is everything after the =.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

White House Enacts Rules Inhibiting Media From Covering Oil Spill
By Noel Sheppard
Created 07/03/2010 - 11:28

The White House Thursday enacted stronger rules to prevent the media from showing what's happening with the oil spill in the Gulf Coast.

CNN's Anderson Cooper reported that evening, "The Coast Guard today announced new rules keeping photographers and reporters and anyone else from coming within 65 feet of any response vessel or booms out on the water or on beaches -- 65 feet."

He elaborated, "Now, in order to get closer, you have to get direct permission from the Coast Guard captain of the Port of New Orleans. You have to call up the guy. What this means is that oil-soaked birds on islands surrounded by boom, you can't get close enough to take that picture."

As the segment continued, Cooper expressed disgust with this rule repeating several times, "We are not the enemy here" (video follows with transcript and commentary, h/t Cubachi [1] via Hot Air [2]):

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Here it is: DOH! Darkelf beat me to it...good job!

"Could happen this week, after the 4th."

Is this it? "The event is going out on the wire," they say.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They need to get some really long lenses out there. I know that high-end cameras that are properly equipped can take a decent picture at a lot longer distance than 65 feet. Papparazzi do it all the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
I'd like to know what ya'll think about this one. PLEASE, no "fear-mongering" accusations. I'm JUST looking for opinions.

I've listened to that one twice this morning and still don't know what to make of it. I have family in Naples, FL and am very worried for them. Even more worried because a state of oblivion would actually be a step up for their awareness levels in these matters.

I've done some searches on Greg Everson since listening to the vid ~ i believe he's the person it is said is being interviewed. Haven't found a lot but what i have found rather indicates that he's been one to issue a few 'warnings' about quite a few things over the past couple of years, none of which appeared to come to fruition.

Personally, i love a good conspiracy theory, but my thinking on the whole matter is this: IF there were such a need, wouldn't we have at least a FEW law enforcement officers across the whole Gulf region who would be warning their own family members and, if they were warning their own family members, wouldn't at least a FEW of those people be spilling the beans and creating a word-of-mouth warning even if their intent was only to share the information with their very best friends or in-laws?

Even the soldiers that are in the area ... would EVERY one of them keep completely quiet? Some are bound to have family in the affected areas and blood is always thicker than water. Surely they would want to give family members a head's up and those family members would surely tell someone else.

The vid mentions airlines, bus transport companies and school buses? Well, that would be involving even MORE people who would want to warn their family, thus creating even more of an opportunity for word to begin spreading. Seems like file clerks, janitors and other "invisible" people always end up overhearing such things and spreading the word.

It's just not the nature of people to keep that kind of information to themselves.

Maybe i'm 180 degrees off the mark, but it just seems to me that we'd be having more leaks than from just ONE person if such an evacuation were imminent.

That said, just the nature of the gases and chemicals resulting from the oil disaster does indicate that it would be within the realm of possibility for such an evacuation to occur.

Maybe the thing for you to do is assess and mentally inventory your most valuable items (paperwork, titles, birth records, photographs, food stores, clothing, etc.) and maybe organize it in such a way that if you DID have to evacuate you would have what you needed ready and, if you do NOT have to evacuate, it would be easily returned to where you usually keep it?

Maybe contact family/friends and make sure you'd be welcome if you had to leave and wouldn't be surprising anyone or creating a burden. Map out your travel route, etc.

I'm thinking level-headed preparation but not panic might be what's called for at this point.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Americans unless you really KNOW your health is at risk, Don't move an Inch !

We didn't get the first part of this interview, so we don't know what health risks this guy is talking about specifically.

Today its voluntary tomorrow it will be forced. But just like the Mustang PB thread ATS is doing right now, how much of this is to remove the population so we cannot see what is going on?

We have pictures of workers covering over oil at night, we have a new law saying you cant approach the workers closer than 65 feet.

Keep your eyes peeled. The Gov is going to let these corporations push us around and right out of our homes.

I say we declare Independence from BP. I say we fight back.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
One of the most important docs for you to take with you is also your housse documents, especailly if you own that property!

If I had to leave my home, and later find out someone is there, I would pursue the matter with the BEST legal help I could get to punich thieves taking my property (dirty land, clean land, its still MY land)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
SeesFar

Yes, I'm in Naples too, and so you realize that I'm VERY concerned/worried for myself and my child (who has respiratory issues) and my property (which I own). I do NOT want to panic, I AM getting those things together , but the real beeotch of it for me is that my husband absolutely refuses to even acknowledge that this could be a serious problem.

I am absolutley agreed about folks (families of police or military) being told. I'm going to start digging for friends who have cops AS friends and get more info.

Thanks for the input from all of you. It's most appreciated.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
SeesFar

Yes, I'm in Naples too, and so you realize that I'm VERY concerned/worried for myself and my child (who has respiratory issues) and my property (which I own). I do NOT want to panic, I AM getting those things together , but the real beeotch of it for me is that my husband absolutely refuses to even acknowledge that this could be a serious problem.

I am absolutley agreed about folks (families of police or military) being told. I'm going to start digging for friends who have cops AS friends and get more info.

Thanks for the input from all of you. It's most appreciated.

DGgirl, yes, i do realize just how seriously this must be impacting you. As i said, i'm worried sick for my intentionally unaware family down there ~ it's as though they are just thumbing their nose at the idea that there could be any danger. I'm at the northern end of the TX/LA border and i'm thinking we're too close to it, too, though nowhere near in as bad a shape as all of you there in the trenches. My heart hurts and goes out to all of you and to the wildlife.

Speaking as a mother and a grandmother, the knowledge that you have a child, especially one with respiratory issues, changes the whole picture.

Glad to know you're able to keep a calm head; panic never helps any situation.

Calling on friends who have family/friends in law enforcement is, i think, an excellent idea. While you're at it, scour for anyone you know who knows doctors, nurses, ER staff, or any hospital staff. I've worked in a hospital and word of unusual events/cases travels through ALL of the staff. Find out if area hospitals and clinics are having a greater than normal presentment of people with respiratory complaints. If they are, husband agreeing or not, i would get my child/ren out of there.

Is is possible for you and your child/ren to go somewhere for 2 or 3 weeks while hubby stays home and holds down the fort? My gut says we're going to know in 2 or 3 weeks just how bad the air quality is down there.

Should it actually come down to an evacuation situation, your hubby can more easily manage to get himself out of there alone, especially knowing that you and kid(s) are already somewhere safe and that you have your most important items with you.

At the end of the day, your husband can take care of himself but your child/ren need someone taking care of them, whether hubby believes any of this or not. We are mothers first; wives second.

Keep your gas tank topped off. You and all those in the area have my prayers.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
PLAN I debated about posting this. Everyone is so on edge, and it's getting worse. My intent here is to make a few suggestions, not to frighten anyone, but well planned beats jump in the car & hope for the best. 1) have a contact person out of state you & all your family/friends can call with updates as to your situation. Remember, panic is not your friend. 2) get all your paper work; birth certificates, SS cards, deeds, etc. Don't forget to get papers on your pets also. Mail a copy to that same out of state contact. Keep your copies in a water proof bag & if possible, under lock & key. 3) Take photos of everything & everyone. Send with the paper work & keep a copy. 4) Our currency isn't worth a heck of a lot anymore, but get yours anyway. Put it with anything of value, jewelry, bonds etc. 5) pack & keep an emergency bag for each member of the family, including pets ( It might be a good idea to take any pet carriers or kennels, but don't weigh yourself down. ) 6) have emergency food & water supplies handy. And 7) maybe the most important, hope & pray you won't need any of it. Good luck everyone.

k

new topics

top topics

join