It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would pose that, in light of the severe weather we have undergone this year in North America, that once in a hundred year heat wave would not seem out of order...so to speak.

And it seems that our friends in Virginia have a scary model up at the moment that could bring a once in a hundred year heat wave to a good portion of the United States and parts of Canada.

Please take note of this model as it points to a historic heatwave.

The Euro shows and a massive heat wave developing with temperatures rising above 100°over much of the Middle Atlantic states including the big cities of the northeast with the heat expanding into the Ohio Valley the Tennessee Valley into the Carolinas and the Deep South.
www.wxrisk.com...

The site...www.wrisk.com is used by energy traders as well as others to factor the risk of bad weather or good weather for any particular venture.

Wiki definition of a heat wave is as follows...

A heat wave is a prolonged period of excessively hot weather, which may be accompanied by high humidity. There is no universal definition of a heat wave;[1] the term is relative to the usual weather in the area. Temperatures that people from a hotter climate consider normal can be termed a heat wave in a cooler area if they are outside the normal climate pattern for that area.[2] The term is applied both to routine weather variations and to extraordinary spells of heat which may occur only once a century. Severe heat waves have caused catastrophic crop failures, thousands of deaths from hyperthermia, and widespread power outages due to increased use of air conditioning.
en.wikipedia.org...

If the weather model proves begins to prove correct I would make plans according to your situation. Hyperthermia seems to be a major cause of trauma during heat waves.

Hyperthermia is an elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation. Hyperthermia occurs when the body produces or absorbs more heat than it can dissipate. When the elevated body temperatures are sufficiently high, hyperthermia is a medical emergency and requires immediate treatment to prevent disability and death.

In some US States the model points to a week of 100 degree weather.

Brownouts because of the use of AC may also pose a problem. Have plenty of drinking water and other fluids just in case this heatwave comes to a city near you this summer.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yep, it's a gonna be a hot one this week in the Old Dominion! wxrisk is almost always right. They called ALL the major snowstorms here in VA late last year and early this year.
On a side note, be aware of your friends and family with respiratory issues, they can get a lot worse in the extreme heat we are getting ready to experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
One thing I noticed in the NA temp map was Alaska will have extreme heat in it most Northerly parts. (if I understand the map correctly)www.wxrisk.com...

and lower down much of the Deep South will be extremely HOT 90 to 100's.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah I can't complain too much about our super-cool summer. Here in the NW the WA governor is seeking disaster assistance for farms because we've had such a cold and rainy spring and summer.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Rash of drownings as Russians attempt to escape heat

Moscow, Russia (CNN) -- More than 1,000 Russians have drowned recently as they attempted to find relief from a stifling heat wave -- many of them after drinking alcohol, officials said.

Vadim Seryogin, a department head at Russia's Emergencies Ministry, told reporters Wednesday that 49 people, including two children, had drowned in the last day. More than 1,200 total have drowned, 223 of them between July 5 and July 12.
www.cnn.com...

Heat wave..around the sphere.

MONTREAL CANADA.

www.cnn.com...

Heat wave likely to blame for jump in pool drownings, says expert

A nationwide spike in the number of drownings this year, highlighted recently by 10 deaths in 10 days in Ontario, underlines the importance of caution in the water, experts say.

"The frustrating thing is there's always things you can do to prevent it," said Barbara Byers, the public education director with Lifesaving Society. "These aren't really accidents. They're preventable fatalities."

As of Wednesday, there were 187 drownings across Canada in 2010, Byers said, noting the unofficial number is tracked through media and police reports. Using the same tracking tools, there were 161 deaths by the same day in 2009.

The increase in deaths at pools is also alarming, she said. In the 10 days around the Canada Day long-weekend, 10 drowning deaths were reported in Ontario, five of which were in pools.

"In a year, normally 10 per cent are in pools, which would be one in this case. Across the land, 28 per cent of the drownings have been in pools this year," she said, noting the spate of pool deaths can probably be blamed on the heat wave.

Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

Yes a wave of heat....BILLY JOELS ALLEN TOWN...

Fresh off a week of extreme heat that had temperatures topping out in triple digits, it looks like we're in for another heat wave.

Temperatures today are expected to climb to 90 degrees or higher around much of the region.

And over the next eight days, we are forecast to be in the 90s every day except possibly Sunday.

An official heat wave is three consecutive days of 90 degrees or above.

This afternoon will feature a partly sunny sky.

We cannot rule out a stray thunderstorm this afternoon, but most places will be dry.

Friday will feature hot and humid conditions with highs in the lower and middle 90s.

A thunderstorm will affect the area Friday night into Saturday.

Saturday's highs will be near 90 degrees. It will be humid under a mix of clouds and sun.
www.wfmz.com...

NOTE: Brutal storms in the future from heat waves...

edit..elongate interest span from minutes to months...then choose specific interest in developing weather in certain niches.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yup,.. NASA had said earlier this year it was going to be a hot one,..
sometimes they do get it right..
I'm waiting for the next predict to come true
a VERY active potential for solar storms

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Global worming? it will never happen.
Moscow is burning up at 106’f.
choking noxious smoke from thousands of square miles of wildfires.
is not helping.
2000 drunk hot Russians have gone swimming.
and drowned!
edition.cnn.com...
/08/06/russia.smog/index.html?hpt=T2#fbid=f-7nuylWYtn&wom=false

but in Pakistan big floods have killed 1600.
The worst floods in Pakistan's history.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Huge ice sheet breaks from Greenland glacier
A giant sheet of ice measuring 260 sq km (100 sq miles)
has broken off a glacier in Greenland, according to researchers at a US university.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I use to live in S. Florida and don't recall it ever being as hot as it was a week ago here in N. Indiana. Our AC went out and I am still recovering from heat rash and exhaustion. This weekend has been better but I hear we are in for it again beginning Monday. For the first time in my life I am looking foward to Fall, never thought I would say that as I love summer.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The heat, affecting certain parts of Russia, mostly Western Russia and Ukraine, is rather out of place compared to the very much cooler weather being experienced else where at the same latitude. All the flooding is more the norm. Flooding, because the world is cooling down. As the atmosphere cools down the water contained in it rains out. Thus all the flooding. Notice that in the mountains, above the snow line, the snow has not melted this year. Ski resorts are open despite it being the summer. In living memory this has never occurred before.

The above chart shows what is called the Milankovitch Cycle. It is as regard to the orbit of the Earth around the Sun being irregular. It is known to be one factor in the coming and going of Ice Ages. The chart is clearly showing that we are on the brink of another Ice Age cycle.

Another factor causing the weather to cool down is the Sun Spot Cycle. We are presently in the middle of a Sun Spot Cycle minimum deeper than any previously observed. Fewer Sun Spots allow cosmic ray energy to get into the Solar System, which causes water molecules to group together resulting in more cloud and fog, mist and haze. Blocking out sunlight thus temperatures go down.

Another factor, presently cooling the world, is the way in which ocean currents are operating just now. Causing the area of High Air Pressure in Western Russia, thus the drought, and the out break of the wild fires. The smoke from which is blocking out sunlight, thus contributing to the coming of extremely cold weather this winter 2010-2011. High Air Pressure in the summer means hot weather, but in the winter that is extremely cold conditions. I predict a low of minus 30*C in London UK this winter. Perhaps even colder than that. Between 1645 and 1715 during the "maunder minimum" the winter temperatures in London UK often fell to as low as minus 100*C. We must be prepared now in order to be able to survive it again.

CO2 gas, emitted by industry, is not the cause of anything near to what certain COINTELPRO [counter intelligence programme] would have you believe it to be. All that they want is to build more nuclear power plants so as thus to build another round of nuclear weapons. The "global warming" scam is surely run to the full length of its tether. In Ice Ages eons ago, the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere were hundreds of times greater than is the case at present. Cold air holds less H2O and CO2 whilst hot air holds more H2O and CO2. In deed atmospheric CO2 is required for the continuation of life on Earth.

CO2 + H2O = CH2 + O3

CH2 + O3 = CO2 + H2O

The truth is that the world is already in the grip of the new Ice Age cycle, and no amount of human effort can stop it. Our crops are failing. Our energy systems are breaking down. Our roads and transport will fail. Please sit still for a while to think about it. North America and Europe are a certain death trap situation. Heading south into Mexico to reach the Amazon is a mission impossible senario. In Europe, heading south to enter Africa, is even more impossible. Obviously our southwards movements are blocked. Using Naval terminology, all that we can do is to batten down the hatches, turn our bow into the wind, and hope that we can ride out the storm.

I advise that everyone go to > Ice Age < so as to read up on the subject. It is a matter of life and death. Preparedness is all that can be done. Get prepared now before all hell breaks loose. "Live long and prosper".

[edit on 9/8/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

It's God's work. Deal with it.

(The male gamete virus in me is instructing me to tell you that the only way man could be freed of the zionist global hoax and control factory was to dispel globalwarming™ by bursting your pipes, esp since the BBC is a rabid lie factory)

new topics

top topics

join