It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

Good luck in relocating - best to leave now before its too late. What a shame to have to leave your home!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just to be clear, This member is evacuating himself, there is no planned evacuations at this time. His neighbors are probably continue with their lives without ever needing to evacuate.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I live in florida, isn't this sickening? scary too and down right
heartbreaking?
I'm glad you are evacuating before they can pick up the evidence of
your life in a bodybag.
Regardless of what anyone says or does not when the urge to leave
won't leave you alone then I guess it's time to leave.
Maybe they want the gulf coast to be a great big oil field...for the money
of course. That is a way out idea but with all the crazy stuff going on
what am I SUPPOSED TO THINK? The imagination stretches to try to
make some sense out of the puzzeling scene.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

i am sorry to hear about all the trouble you guys on the gulf coast are having. i will keep you in my prayers.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From what i have just read alot of it is pure fear mongering! You're not going to be evacuating anywhere, you're just pretending to scare people. How do you know whether methane levels are up or down, haven't they stopped monitoring it? And surely if there were any ill effects it would have been on mainstream media, not everything portends the New World Order rubbish that's getting bandied about and you couldn't hide mass animal deaths if you tried, it would be picked up by a major news broadcaster whether it be in the United States or not. It's pure fear mongering, plain and simple. If all this New World Order, turns out to be true and if there is a full evacuation, i have no qualms in saying i was wrong and donating money to the American Red Cross! But i doubt it! Operation Blackjack anyone?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

obama wants to use the oil spill to past cap and trade

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Better safe, then sorry,

White House Enacts Rules Inhibiting Media From Covering Oil Spill
By Noel Sheppard
Created 07/03/2010 - 11:28

The White House Thursday enacted stronger rules to prevent the media from showing what's happening with the oil spill in the Gulf Coast.

CNN's Anderson Cooper reported that evening, "The Coast Guard today announced new rules keeping photographers and reporters and anyone else from coming within 65 feet of any response vessel or booms out on the water or on beaches -- 65 feet."

He elaborated, "Now, in order to get closer, you have to get direct permission from the Coast Guard captain of the Port of New Orleans. You have to call up the guy. What this means is that oil-soaked birds on islands surrounded by boom, you can't get close enough to take that picture."

As the segment continued, Cooper expressed disgust with this rule repeating several times, "We are not the enemy here" (video follows with transcript and commentary, h/t Cubachi [1] via Hot Air [2]):

"We are not the enemy here"

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

[color=C6AEC7]Just to clarify - when you say `we`, who do you mean exactly? You and your family, or the entire town/city you live in, or what?

If its just your family, then I think the thread title is a tad misleading and could even be construed as (more) fear mongering.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Englands_Glory

you can't depend on the media to tell you the truth most of them are for obama and fox is the only one to come close to telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Just to be clear, This member is evacuating himself, there is no planned evacuations at this time. His neighbors are probably continue with their lives without ever needing to evacuate.

You have no credibility since this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Google is your friend...

www.huliq.com...

While no public announcements of this strategy have yet been made, reports have surfaced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has at the ready plans to evacuate a number of Gulf Coast cities from Corpus Christi all the way to Key West should conditions require it.

A report on Examiner.com states that evacuation plans for the Tampa Bay area are already in place. Earlier stories reported that plans were being developed for several other cities, including Houston, New Orleans, Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola, Sarasota-Bradenton, and Naples.

Good luck....F.A. Williams

[edit on 4-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That story has been retracted

This story is retracted. See the retraction here.

www.huliq.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Yeah right....

You believe what the Govt. tells you?

Why issue an evacuation order then retract it? spin perhaps? Don't Panic, we'll take care of you; sound familiar?

FEMA doesn't have a great record with the truth!

And now that the news is being controlled; you aren't skeptical?

I prefer to believe alternative sources like ATS rather than the Govt, but if you find comfort in authority figures, fine!

fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"More BP tomfoolery. Covering up the oil on the beaches with dumped sand."

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In another post today, video is now being shown that confirms exactly what the OP is saying.

I see no reason not to Evacuate.

Leaked video post

To the OP; Bless your family and may your strength carry you far and safe!

You do what you need to do for you, do not wait around for someone to decide what is in your best interest. Pack what you deem of value and walk away from the rest; you can return knowing you did the right thing regardless of the outcome.

This is a Great Display of Courage and Faith!

In the end we may never learn the fates of those who did not reason, but we can trust that those that did are safe from harm.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerry3741
reply to post by njl51

obama wants to use the oil spill to past cap and trade

yeah, right...and this is credible for what reason? i guess Obama made the insurance companies raise their rate so he could get the health care bill passed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i have family in florida and tell them to get the boat
squared away and be prepared for anything.
it's a volcano of oil spewing toxins..and you should be afraid-
it's a survival instinct mister.. it may not be able to be stopped.
whats going to stop it -the experts? bp and halliburton -
all the rats that were paid off - slinkin away..
halliburton made 386 million to get the fema camps ready for
a disaster they participated in. follow that money.
and the nwo saboteurs bp
they keep drilling and spewing -in the arctic
-all over the planet.all for the war machine
der homeland uber alles.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It makes you wonder about all those coffins in Georgia that FEMA have placed there. Maybe it wasn't for the SwineFlu pandemic, maybe they planned to blow up an oil rig all along.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The beaches on the gulf coast has what they call the dew point effect. Its really sticky air. If there is no wind , hot temps . this could make it seem like the air was sort of bad

But I am not an expert in pollution

[edit on 4-7-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
This sounds like an imaginative prediction on your part. There has always been crude from the gulf. "Seeping underneath" of what? For years salt and brackish has "seeped" and nature has a way of adjusting and filtering. People within a mile of beaches have used wells for years and the water is not even salty. Imagine that.

Well, you're right. Crude has been seeping into the ground for as long as we can tell. However, until now, it hasn't been along with a high concentration of incredibly toxic dispersant, which allows the petroleum, along with the dispersant, to fill nooks and crannies that it never could before.

Originally posted by Alethea
Before you do anything rash and life changing, why don't you track down some real people to give you answers? Perhaps someone involved in geophysical research, atmospheric gas testing, the petroleum technology council, mineralogists. Why not call a local college professor in the geological sciences dept. and talk to someone knowledgeable before making a decision based on speculation and internet rumors?

That would be really sweet, if any of those people were allowed to talk to John Q. Public, and if then, give some straight answers. I'm afraid however, that both of those concepts are two of the most imaginative in this thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jerry3741

" fox is the only one to come close to telling the truth. "

You forgot to add some sarcasm?
For the hope of all humanity, you do not seriously beleive what they are saying on Fox?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join