It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good luck, to you and your family, OP!!
It takes a LOT of courage, to abandon your "safe surroundings", and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! Most will deny that there is a problem, until there is a rifle in their face . Then, THEY will go, (sans valuables), to WHERE THEY ARE TOLD TO!
LEAVE, while it is still a CHOICE! Or stay, and be treated like a 3rd. world refugee. REMEMBER KATRINA!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It is paranoia that makes people fear dying from methane gas when no one has died from it. The sky is falling.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It is paranoia that makes people fear dying from methane gas when no one has died from it. The sky is falling.

It's ignorance like yours is the reason people die from it.

There is tons of evidence to prove the lethality of an oil spill.

Almost Every Worker from Exxon Valdez Oil Spill is Now Dead

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

So the sky IS falling? People ARE dying from methane gas? Glad you fixed my ignorance. I will run away now. bye.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So the sky IS falling? People ARE dying from methane gas? Glad you fixed my ignorance. I will run away now. bye.

People have died from methane gas, it doesn't happen over night.

How about you watch the videos before you debunk everything, you're so ignorant and uninformed it might be easier to stay that way, then to admit it might be a dangerous situation down there.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

For your information, your chances of dying on the freeway are much higher than dying from breathing methane gas on the gulf. Now your brilliant mind can fear the freeway. To run from every possible threat is paranoia.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For your information, your chances of dying on the freeway are much higher than dying from breathing methane gas on the gulf. Now your brilliant mind can fear the freeway. To run from every possible threat is paranoia.

More exxon valdez clean up workers died from the clean up then on the highway.

How can you even know the effects of this disaster before it happens?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
There will be no widespread evacuations. All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

Agreed. There won't be. (doesn't mean there shouldn't be)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams
We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP]. The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.
Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.
Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.
It's time to leave. NOW.

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

A couple comments form another Gulf region resident. The EPA is not monitoringair quality? Untrue. There are hourly updates. I have a friend that works with NOAA, a good friend, air quality is worse in NY City than anywhere on the gulf coast right now. Alabama is allowing catch and release fishing, which means the fumes aren't as bad as you say.

Methane gas fumes? Most methane will not reach the surface it will disolve in the water at the appropriate depth based on the gas flow rate. So almost none of the methane is hitting the surface. Look for bubbles not happening. YOu dying from methane gas poisoning from the spill isn't going to happen. That is simply fearmongering.

Crude oil and Corexit can't evaporate without boiling the gulf, only the water from the dispersants can evaporate.

Just for reference our local and state governments here in Louisiana are busting their collective asses trying to get things done. THey don't want us dead.

As far as the toxic rain, the oil can't evaporate so it won't be in the rain. The corexit can't evaporate so it won't be in the rain. Just the water the dispersant was in can evaporate. THe only way it will rain oil and corexit is through a water spout. The crop damage you saw on you tube looks like basic leaf mold.

THis is almost as bad as almost all the valdez cleanup workers are dead hoax. Quit complaining, get off your butt and help cleanup. Don't watch this disaster occur. Stop rubbernecking and get out and push.

Just cause I know it's coming, no I'm not a disinfo agent, nor do I work for the government anymore, nor do I work for anything pertaining to the oil industry. I'm in the medical field. No one in my immediate family is employed by any of thsoe agencies either. I am not a paid or unpaid disinfo agent. My opinion just differs from yours.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

And your opinion is respected.

I am begining to believe the greenery around me (missouri) is due to mold as well. I can not say for other places in the country. We have had entirely too much rain. But neither of us are experts so it is hard to say for sure. As far as the crop damage in the videos...that does not explain the dead birds. Corexit had not been fully tested. It is impossible to say what it is or is not capable of.

Dirty rain comes from the water falling through dirty air. We have experienced dirty rain because of ash from St. Helens and from the big fire at Yellowstone. It is a given that we will have dirty rain from the fires in the gulf. Oil burns, surely corexit burns though I am not an expert, the rain brings it back down. Is it possible that it could bring it down all the way up to Northern U.S. with the rains that come through with the hurricanes? Yes. That fact worries everyone. There is no way of knowing at this point what is going to happen or how any of this will effect us. This has not happened before.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All members of the federal "government" need to be tried for treason, as they have failed to protect american citizens from the ravaging behavior of a foreign entity (corporation), bp!!!!!
We must all remember them and not forget their travesties.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is HORRIBLE. I don't know another word to use.

The government is here to protect us, the People of the United States, NOT KILL US. The government is here to do whatever they can to make sure all is well, not do whatever they can to make more money.

Clearly, the government is not living up to its definition. SOMEONE has to fix this. Just look at my signature!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My boyfriends co-worker took in Katrina evacuees and got paid by the government 3500 a month to do so. He was on the job site today and told everyone that he got another call from the government on Monday.......which was a government holiday no less asking him if he would be willing to take in evacuees from this oil spill.

This, people is no joke! There are things that we are not being told, and to hear this from a credible man scares the crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have heard several people from several sites talking about
"evacuating" the gulf, and such talk is kind of surreal, to say the least.
Had a big family reunion in Mobile a few weeks ago, nobody was
talking about this.
Drove through horse country, people riding horses on their expensive properties, airport blvd, place was packed.
EVERYTHING seemed fine to me.
So, why evacuate? If people couldn't stand toxic gas they wouldnt live down there anyway, the petrochemical industry can get quite
smelly.
ALSO these are a tough people, on average, they snear at hurricanes,
and this is not the first time methane has bubbled out of the ocean deep in huge quanities.
Seems like a lot of people are talking about evacuating the GULF...
except the people who actually live there, just saying...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Here is the key to this deal........

Watch and monitor carefully the actions of the "rats on the ship".......

The ship is the gulf coast area and the rats are the financial and politicial elites that live there......

No doubt the elites will know if and when they will have to get out...........based on information that will not be made public or least info that by the time it is public will be too late.

So find a few of these elite rats living down there and watch their actions...........

When they cut out..............its time to go........

Get it??

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
There will be no widespread evacuations. All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

Hopefully the tinfoil hats are designed so they don't cover the eyes, otherwise they'll miss your post.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
My boyfriends co-worker took in Katrina evacuees and got paid by the government 3500 a month to do so. He was on the job site today and told everyone that he got another call from the government on Monday.......which was a government holiday no less asking him if he would be willing to take in evacuees from this oil spill.

This, people is no joke! There are things that we are not being told, and to hear this from a credible man scares the crap out of me.

That's nothing. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

Methane gas fumes? Most methane will not reach the surface it will disolve in the water at the appropriate depth based on the gas flow rate. So almost none of the methane is hitting the surface. Look for bubbles not happening. YOu dying from methane gas poisoning from the spill isn't going to happen. That is simply fearmongering.

"Consider a water column with stable density stratification due tothe temperature and/or salinity gradients. Methane carried by a risingbubble will dissolve in the surrounding water as long as the concen-tration of methane already dissolved in it is less than the saturationvalue (solubility) for the local temperature T and pressure P; here sat-uration means equilibrium with respect to gaseous methane at the sameT and P, i.e., with respect to methane inside the bubble. The solubilityof methane in seawater is low (Handa, 1990); in terms of mole fraction,solubility at T25 C and P1 bar is210 5. However,solubility is nearly proportional to pressure (Henry’s law), and alsoincreases as temperature drops, so that at T5 C and P400 bar(depth 4 km), the predicted value of solubility is 4.310 3."

Link to very good tech doc on mass methane release extinction event

This is basically stating that as pressure and temperature increases so does the solubility of methane. The methane that is in a bubble form rises to the top of the ocean and on its way is disolved in the water never to reach the top.

"A very fast transition from this metastable state can be triggeredby disturbances that displace fluid a finite distance in the vertical di-rection. Such disturbances may result from an earthquake, a seafloorvolcano, convection currents due to geothermal heating, or an internalgravity wave. Consider a parcel of fluid that is displaced upward, andis now subject to lower hydrostatic pressure, to which corresponds alower solubility value. As a result, the fluid in the parcel is now su-persaturated with the dissolved gas, which must begin to exsolve, form-ing tiny gas bubbles. "

This would be how the methane is released in a rapid manner.

same link as above

I doubt the methane being released will spike the saturation levels to trigger a mass release of methane. Just wanted to show why there would be no methane bubbles rising up

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know if someone has already posted this ..

Watch it till the end

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Yes they have, there is a thread:

James Fox reports test results of water from Grand Isle

[edit on 7/7/2010 by TheDon]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join