It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Immigration is Fuelling Racism - Is This What They Wanted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Some may read the title to this thread and think that I'm simply stating the obvious. But I have come to think that the excessive immigration and unbelievable extra allowances given to foreigners to different countries is some kind of conspiracy to fuel racism. I know it may sounds crazy, I for one am not a fan of ridiculous conspiracy claims but this one makes sense to me and may to you.

My knowledge of immigration is sadly confined to the UK but I will do the best I can to consider the rest of the world via some research.

First let's look at some statistics;

source

source

source

America accepts the largest amount of immigrants in the world. This is pretty understandable as it's the the most powerful nation. Of course we can only account properly for the amount of legal immigrants, as is the proven case in the UK, the real amount is likely to be a hell of a lot more.

As with most countries immigration is constantly on the rise, most come with a legitimate reason, however there is literally no way to tell what the immigrants are actual here for, especially after they've been granted asylum. Many come to cause terrorism and spread hate and are simply free to do so.

In 2008, out of the 538,000 long-term migrants who came to the UK, 207,000 said they were coming to look for work or because they had a definite job. The data is based on a survey of arrivals at ports and cannot, therefore, tell us what they really did do once in the UK, but it is the best we have got.

source

Abu Hamza, the jailed cleric, has launched a bid to retain his British citizenship in a move described as legal “guerilla warfare” by a judge.

Hamza, the hook-handed former imam at Finsbury Park Mosque in North London, is currently in jail for incitement to murder and stirring up racial hatred.

He is fighting extradition to the US when his seven-year sentence is completed next year, claiming that it would breach his human rights.

source

Events like the heckling of British toops returning home after serving in Afghanistan often fuel otherwise indifferent members of society to in turn settle with racism and hate toward immigrants.

I've never been fully against immigration, my family themselves immigrated to the UK from Ireland and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here today. My wife's family immigrated from the Caribbean and I have friends from all different backgrounds who have also been involved in immigration, directly or indirectly, so you must understand I'm not against immigration, it makes sense economically and socially, but it has literally gotten out of control. Excessive immigration cannot be good for anyone. In the UK we have experienced ridiculous times where migrants are being given priority over natives. We have Muslim women wondering around in burkas in broad daylight, if I walked out in a balaclarva I would be arrested. My opinion is that if you want to live in another country, abide by their traditions. I'm not saying forget your own identity, but at least try to integrate, this is after all one of the benefits of immigration surely?

Look at Dubai for example, if you don't abide by their strict Sharia Law you'll be dealt with and thrown in prison.

A Dubai appeals court on Sunday upheld a one-month prison sentence for a British couple convicted of kissing in a restaurant.

source

This to me is fair enough, when in another country, act how they would, at least try to fit in. I find many immigrants these days - in the UK especially - feel they have more of a right to be here, the fact is they actually have no more of a right than someone that is born here, perhaps even less? This of course is simply a personality trait not attached to any one race, I'm not tarring all immigrants with the same brush but simply stating a feeling I have had with immigrants in a majority of personal experiences.

The fact that the flood gates are open for foreign rapists, murderers and thieves to enter simply makes me think that the governments actually want their to be riots, they want people to go against immigrants and be racist. I think this partly because there is literally no other explanation in my mind to be so ridiculously slack with immigration. Why oh why would the most powerful people in the world allow a nation to be ravaged by foreign criminals giving other true immigrants a bad name? In a country where immigration actually rises by 20% when it is said to be "cracking down" on the problem, is it so surprising people of the UK started to vote for the scum that is the BNP?

I in no way condone racism and find it an absolute disgrace but I have noticed many otherwise indifferent people starting to vent their anger and frustration at the immigration situation into racism and hate. This is very wrong but is happening more and more and is a potentially explosive time bomb. This leads me to think that the powers that be have had this planned all along? Like they say, history repeats itself. When this happens it's usually ugly.

P.S. If I've got anything wrong in the article please correct me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Can we just do the math?????

Immigration is a loosing battle and will continue to be until we either close the borders.

video.google.com...#

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What do you mean by 'can we just do the math'?

I agree that it's a losing battle but the point I'm making is that the excessive use of it is starting to cause more racism than it's preventing now.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Watch the video..........

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Illegal immigration is so far out of hand in the States one has difficulty imagining the flow. With little or no stops.

I applaud states that have stood on their own, put the foot down demonstrating enough-is-enough.

As a resident in a border state myself, I can see how those on other regions not as affected by the mass migrations would have a narrow point of view. What is not mentioned often is the amount of non-Mexican border crossers.

Realistically, look at the news papers (available online!) in the border towns and states. Rife with crime, drugs, kidnappings... A little research will tell one the Federal and State prison populations. This has been going on far too long.

On a side note, the 26% of the population that did not know about the US War of Independence etal. Well...did they ask if they were born in the US before the question was asked?

mg

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It`s causing latinos to be even more rascist against whites than they already are. An acquaintance of mine visited LA and found himself in one of the many "wrong" parts of town. Territories that look straight out of movies like "Boyz in tha Hood" that you expect to be run by Bloods & Crips (BLACK B`s & C`s...like in the movies), are actually ran by latinos. When you go into a minimart to buy a soda, you will be charged "regular price" if you`re white, while fellow people of color pay half price or less. They told me they were watched by everybody as if he was an alien from outer space. I guess when you live there, it`s well known that you just dont go into certain areas if you dont "belong". And I guess the Mexicans believe that southern california belongs to them and is supposed to be a part of mexico but the US took it away unfairly, just like the rest of the country was taken unfairly. So they own it as far as how they act and how they treat outsiders (whites).

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
[color=C6AEC7]This is a very interesting and very pertinent thread. S+F for you.
I think you may be right - I have never thought of myself as racist, I mean I believe that people should be treated equally regardless of colour.

But when I see lots of people coming into the country illegally, being given housing and benefits and what seems like everything handed to them on a plate, why shouldnt I resent that? While Im working for a living, someone else gets everything for free? How is that fair. So yes, that breeds resentment, which in turn brings about feelings of hatred toward the immigrants, then that is construed as racist.

So yeah, perhaps they are making people feel that way. However, I dont really understand why we should be classed as racist for having these feelings.

I dont care what colour a person is, if they come here illegally they should not be allowed to stay here, or given handouts, and then set up their own shops and areas where they congregate and make the rest of us feel afraid to walk around nearby.

And youre right, its no wonder parties like the BMP have got voters. People see that they are the only party who is serious about doing something about immigration, so even though they might not agree with the more radical views, they turn to the BMP as the only voice they have, because the mainstream parties wont touch the subject.

And also, living in the UK where we are getting more and more crowded all the time, whats wrong with saying that the number of people coming over here should be reduced.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
When you go into a minimart to buy a soda, you will be charged "regular price" if you`re white, while fellow people of color pay half price or less.

[color=C6AEC7]Sad thing is, if the reverse was true and a shop run by white people charged less to white people than to other colour people, everyone would be screaming `racism`.

And they`d be right, but my point is there seems to be a culture of `its not racism if its against white people`

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Thanks a lot, I'm glad to see my hard(ish) work hasn't gone unnoticed lol. Jokes aside, I didn't mean that you're racist for having these feelings, I have them too. What I meant was that people end up portraying these feelings of anger in a racist way, even though they may actually not be. This is what I mean by the immigration actually fuelling racism in otherwise non-radical people. I did mention this briefly, perhaps I should have been more blatant, I wouldn't want anyone to think that feeling this resentment is racist.

But you answered your own question in a way, people end up voting BNP because they feel they're the only ones who will help the situation, but the BNP is an out and out racist movement, they're policies are diabolical. People are voting for this racist party because of the shambles that the other parties have created with immigration.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Somehow double posted sorry.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
I didn't mean that you're racist for having these feelings, I have them too. What I meant was that people end up portraying these feelings of anger in a racist way, even though they may actually not be. This is what I mean by the immigration actually fuelling racism in otherwise non-radical people. I did mention this briefly, perhaps I should have been more blatant, I wouldn't want anyone to think that feeling this resentment is racist.

[color=C6AEC7]No need to apologise, I know what you meant.
Thats the whole problem, isnt it, that people are made out to be racist when really theyre not. Immigration has become a taboo subject, it seems.

But you answered your own question in a way, people end up voting BNP because they feel they're the only ones who will help the situation, but the BNP is an out and out racist movement, they're policies are diabolical. People are voting for this racist party because of the shambles that the other parties have created with immigration.

[color=C6AEC7]Yep. I could never vote for BNP because they are racist, but I can completely understand why some people gravitate toward their party because they feel no other party listens to the concerns about immigration. I just wonder why the mainstream parties are so reluctant to talk about the subject.
As soon as a member of the public tries to ask a polititian about immigration, theyre classed as racist and dont get an answer. (Or in the case of gordon brown, he waits till he`s in his car then calls the voter names)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

It's a touchy subject and it looks like the Conservative cap is a bit of a pipe dream too. The ironic thing is people are wanting to emigrate to places like Australia etc because this country is so over-run with immigrants. Many don't even realise their own irony lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

[color=C6AEC7]Lol yeah. I guess there is always people who want to emigrate for their own reasons, but its a shame for the ones who feel they have to move because of the state this country has gotten into.

[color=A23BEC]I could never move to Australia though. Too many freakin spiders.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I remember back in the 70's when Cambodians and Vietnamese were migrating here,all I heard was how they would destroy the USA,funny we are still here,when something new comes along,the bandwagon always seems to be occupied

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

I'd have to agree with this, although I'm sure that immigration wasn't as persistent as it is now?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ATS keeps making me double post...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

new topics

top topics

join