It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Great Things About America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com... &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_topstories+%28Top+Stories%29

Since it is July 4th, I thought I would post something positve on ATS for once. We always complain about our govt. and negative news. Here is a news article about some of the many great things in America.

As you look over this list I'm sure you will find many things that you love. For those of you on ATS that are from other countries, maybe you could tell the people in the U.S. some things that make your country great.

Let's all give some positive input about our nations and what we love about them.

Thanks, and have a great day.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I love that I can speak about the negative views of my government, I lice in the USA, in some countries you can't do that

Also I made a 4th of July thread, you should check it out!

By the way S&F good post it's nice to see another positive USA thread around here!

here it is www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Although they are in no order I am glad New Orleans food made the list at # 5.. Yes folks.. I eat like a King daily.

I have eaten lots of food all over the USA and Nothing compares to our food.. no one else used the spices and seasonings and does exotic things with meat and fish quite the way we do it.

And My wife.. she feeds me like a God.

Well, she servers me burnt offerings lets put it that way. Good thing I do most of the cooking.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
'10. Ford Mustang
Who needs a German car? We'll take the classic'

nice one but if you want to get round corners alive i would rather have this

farm4.static.flickr.com...

might be slow but who needs speed

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'll tell you something great about the USA....the people.

When I order wood or tools for building guitars here in Europe, I'm met with much chin stroking and get told things like, 'that tool doesn't exist' or 'no you can't get wood that thin' etc. Drives me nuts.

So, I set my alarm clock for stupid o'clock in the morning, wake up, phone the States, get greeted by people who know what they are talking about, who are interested in where I'm calling from and if the tool doesn't exist they will damn well fabricate it for me.

Same thing happened just outside Vegas when our camper van broke. This guy made a little brake cylinder out of tin and tape and god knows what...A -Team style...Wouldn't take a cent, shared a beer.I really love that 'can do' attitude.

Have great 4th.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Sam Vimes]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam Vimes

I agree, about the people.

From my own personal experiences and the experiences of some family members, they are some of the most helpful, generous and friendly people you could meet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have got to agree that the people are what make this a great country. Last summer my 77 year old mom was making one of her trips to southern Illinois from Iowa when her car broke down. She managed to get to a service station, where she was told that it was going to cost about two hundred dollars to fix her car. She walked across the street to a little diner, where she wondered what she was going to do, since she didn't have the money. There was a table of older gentlemen sitting at a table and they inquired what was wrong. She told them and then she went to use the restroom. When she came back they told her that they were each going to contribute enough so that her car could be fixed. My mom was amazed. She asked them to give her their names and addresses so that she could repay them and they told her to never mind, just to have a safe trip.
That is what makes this country a great place to live, people who care.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I agree, about the people.

From my own personal experiences and the experiences of some family members, they are some of the most helpful, generous and friendly people you could meet.

That's been my experience whether it's Oregon or NY state.

I have a beef with the list though. Shouldn't the Superbowl be above the Constitution?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

I have a story on the same kind of topic. Some elderly family members were over in the USA and they broke down on a road several miles outside a town. Because they had a hire car they had to wait for another one to be brought, but from Las Vegas, which was 6 hours away and they couldn't leave the broken down vehicle.

People passing stopped and asked them were they okay and someone even brought them a load of food. One biker guy stopped and asked were they okay, but then carried on. He passed later on and was amazed to see that they were still there. Later that night after they had finally got a new vehicle my family members saw the same guy again and he apologised to them saying he'd been thinking about them all day and he wished he'd gone back and helped them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They forgot Hot Dogs.
Be it a Spicy Polish Dog from Pink's in Hollywood or a Hot Wiener from a New York System in Rhode Island, there's nothing better for lunch on a summer's day.

new topics

top topics

join