It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret to experiencing the divine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What I am about to say is highly controversial, because philosophers spend hours of study and engage in mental gymnastics in order to prove the exact opposite of what I am about to say: God is nothing. But this is not to mean how the atheists mean it, but rather, to experience God, one has to contemplate the idea of nothing.

As you can see, nothing can not be contemplated, it is not-a-thing, there is nothing to contemplate, however, the idea of nothing is the secret to experiencing the holy state of nirvana, the divine state of bliss, and the philosopher's ontological Soul.

'Nothing' is contains all the qualities of god, except one: creativity. God is immaterial, so is nothing, God is without limits, so is nothing, God is beyond form, so is nothing. The only thing 'nothing' is missing is the creative power, but this can easily be described as one eternal Self emanating all other forms such that all forms are lower souls of the higher soul. But that is a different subject, because in trying to achieve enlightenment, you can not fill your mind with the lower universe, so the creative power, although it is majestic, must be eliminated as well, which is why the concept of nothing is so perfect.

In your mind, speak the word: nothing, concentrate on it, and then direct your mind towards it. You will experience a heavenly feeling of isolation and detachment from the body, your mind will be free of all things, and you will experience this bliss within your heart and soul. It is such a beautiful experience, everyone needs to experience it at least once.

It doesn't cost you anything, all it takes is a little courage and effort.

Philosophers for the longest time have tried to rationalize how God is NOT nothing, by saying things like "The One is beyond all form, but it is not nothing." They do not want their philosophy to appear nihilistic, by saying the principle of everything is nothing. But it's not nothing, it's the idea of nothing that transports us psychologically to a higher state of mind.

It is the nirvana of the Buddha, the God of Jesus, and the ontological soul of the Philosophers.

Buddhism comes close to this idea through the concept of 'emptiness' but even then, the -ness of emptiness makes it seem like a 'state of nothing' rather than simply nothing. Go on step further, and without fear contemplate this nothingness, experience it, and then live to tell about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yes, I agree with you. My experience of trying to define God is that God is not this, not that, and I am also not this, not that. It is a very interesting concept and one that is difficult to explain.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

Yes, I agree with you. My experience of trying to define God is that God is not this, not that, and I am also not this, not that. It is a very interesting concept and one that is difficult to explain.

That's right, neti neti is not-this, not-that, the highest can only be defined by the negation of all other things, meaning it has to be nothing. But when you think of it as a concept, you free your mind of all duality. It is the traditional Upanishad-Indian way of understanding Brahman, the True Self.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So Seinfeld was on the right track, a successful show about nothing, he, he

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
God is everything and nothing.

Also, Metaphysically speaking nothing can contain God exclusively. [Though God is said to have told Muhammad, according to Sufi Mysticism, that he, God, can live in the heart of his lovers.]
Anyway, in other words, God can’t be contained by a single phenomenon to the exclusion of other phenomena, because that would automatically cause the other phenomena to not exist.

In other words one can’t say: “God is over there” because that would exclude God being any where else—an impossibility. So God is nowhere and everywhere at he same time.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by inforeal]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Another idea on this point:

If you actually think of nothing then you stand the risk of making nothing into something.
Therefore it may be that thinking of nothing quantitatively is actually doing the opposite.

To think of nothing, one has to do it qualitatively, or actually be in a state of no thought, something the sage Pantanjali I believe said was a worthy pursuit.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

In my experience, God is denser in some places that others, so God could be within your heart, as a more density than say in your neighbor's heart.

however God is all and all is God, so you can't really be anywhere without God.

top topics

join