It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

So, are you saying that the belief structure of Islam has changed regarding women? or are you saying that there's a different "flavour" of Islam; one for the extremists and one for the normal user?

It just seems to me that, like Christianity, Islam changes its beliefs and rules/requirements ad hoc to what suits the people.

If it really were the "saviour" of mankind, as all religions claim to be, then what was dictated by "God" 2000 years ago should still be the same mandate in 2010. But it isn't, is it? It's changed and updated to reflect the current times.

Which tells me that Islam, like all other organised religions, are man made and subject to the whimsical, childish beliefs of the MEN at the time of its creation and application.

Look how much Christianity has changed over the years to reflect the rights of women?

In any case, women have the right to be just as stupid as their male counterparts if they want to be part of a religion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
COUGH COUGH... did I really just hear a christian.. a catholic.. poke fun at some other religions beliefs??? BWHAHAHA!! Hey, you and I both believe in a virgin birth, a holy ghost, you turn bread and wine into flesh and blood ya darned cannibal... the pope tried to pass off a peacock feather as a feather of the angel Gabriel way back when.... jonah living in a whale belly.... shall I go on??

Come now. We believe in some pretty odd things as well.
If you point your finger at another's beliefs.. better buckle up when yours get scrutinized.

I absolutely have NO idea where the virgins thing comes from. The direct translations comes out as something about 72 grapes. Besides...what kind of masochistic martyr person would want 72 women nagging him for eternity anyway???Im a female and I see that as one big nagging catfight myself!

Seriously though.. just as there are some hard liner xtians and then some more moderate . so is it within islam. Just like there are numerous types of christianity... not every muslim wants to gut you. Just as our bible we believe in is awash with blood of Gods enemies so is the Koran awash in the blood and the call of the blood of infidels. So they believe that their last Imam or their "savior" is deep in a well waiting for the right time to come out and bring Allah to all men or kill em. We think some funny things too. Its the group that takes it literally and truly believes in the struggle, the Jihad, the holy war that are dangerous. You must not attempt to wipe out Islam. You not only are foolish, you are asking for the same in return. Let them worship grapes for all I care...

Dont get too haughty christians...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This is the BEST Muslim apologist thread I have seen..........in the last 3 hours.

What's with the need to apologize for these people?

If Islam was such a peaceful religion, there would be no need for such a massive propaganda campaign. Who is funding this endeavour? Al-Queda?

Firstly. Islam MEANS "peace". and you said "These people"? Which is outright racism.

So as you DO infer, clearly in your post, to "these people" (which doesn't single out any individuals or group), you must mean that ALL muslims are ...terrorists??

OK why? Because FOX news told you? Get a life.

Secondly. Massive propaganda campaign???? Where exactly? On a thread on ATS (harldy mainstream) and a book people like YOU will no doubt otherwise be ignorant to???

This anti-Muslim (and I am anti-every-religion, by the way) propaganda has you whipped into submission.

It was thought up by dumb (or clever, depending on whether you believe them or not) Amricans to go to War in Iraq/Afghanistan for other dumb folk to incite hatred the world over.

The only silver lining???

ALL EMPIRES (Punic, Roman, Egyptian, Greek, Sumerian, youname it) have throughout history, crumbled. Eventually.

Put quite simply the cr** you spout on your post just then implies you're scared of Islam (because you HAVE been conditioned by neo-con propaganda, no question there).

People are most scared of what they don't understand - and you don't understand Islam. Clearly.

So what say you? Has Fox news done a good job educating you???

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All I have else to say is this.

SOME Muslims do what we're all taught to think by the media. Blow stuff up in the name of Allah and the Prophet Mohammed.

So, if you're christian AND you try to poke fun at that or simply talk rubbish about Islam as if you're educated - then by that logic, must we all assume you burn women at the stake and rape little boys???

Fantastic. I'm up for some toe-to-toe ignorance.

Christians, put your hands up so we can see you...

Oh. no takers, then.

*owned*

[edit on 5/7/2010 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond
Oh. no takers, then.

*owned*

What, are you 12 years old? "owned" ? Apart from kids, who says that anymore?

Why is saying, "these people" considered outright racism? How is that racist? Do you even know what racism is or are you just so upset that you're going to incorrectly flash the race card?

Perhaps it's too general or ambiguous as you don't know if the speaker means ALL muslims, including extremist and non-extremist, so they could be incorrect for mistakingly lumping the bad with the good in a single label.

But even still, how is saying, "these people" racist? Did he say some racial slur? I didn't see that. He didn't imply their colour or ethinic background. I assume a muslim to be any muppet who wants to believe in Islam, regardless of race or colour.

I take it you do not and perhaps see muslims as...arab only...?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Firstly. Islam MEANS "peace".

Actually islam means submission , there I have scuttled your attempt at dis-info or selling ignorance as fact. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by De La Valletta
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Firstly. Islam MEANS "peace".

Actually islam means submission , there I have scuttled your attempt at dis-info or selling ignorance as fact. Have a nice day.

You are both right.

"Islam, a name given by Allah to this religion (Quran 5:4), is an Arabic word which literally means submission, obedience and peace. ISLAM is derived from the Arabic root "SALEMA" that means peace, purity, submission and obedience. So 'Islam' would mean the path of those who are obedient to Allah and who establish peace with Him and His creatures and are fully submitting to His will. Islam follower are called Muslims. "
wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by De La Valletta

Yeah what a way to regurgitate the crap you find on Wikipedia. You (or rather wiki) have only understood one part of the word. The word Islam as I understand it comes from the Arabic word istaslama, which does mean “surrender” or “submition”, if you like, however the former is a more accurate translation. The second word that makes up the “word” Islam is “salam” which means peace. So you are both arguably correct yet wrong at in the same instance. Now I admittedly speak very little Arabic so perhaps Punishersupreme can elaborate on the etymology of the word.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I already have.

Learn to read please.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

There you go again, with the unnecessary aggression towards a person who is siding with you. And to be fair all you have done is copy and paste. At least I actually knew they were wrong without Googling it, although for the record i did have to translate the work surrender into Arabic but all the same.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
****MODERATOR NOTE ****

Let's keep it civil, folks.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Wikipedia , I sir am wounded. I did not get that from wiki like PunisherSupreme , he got his from wikianswers. I have known this fact for some time now and I got it from Lissan al-Arab an authority on the arabic language , and no where does he state that islame is peace. It means submission or surrender.Itaslama/aslama/islam are very different words from salam to say they are the same is incorect and misleading. Semantics is a nasty game to play and by you playing it just proves to me what you and punisher supreme are all about , deception. To decieve the unbelieving kufar into a false sense of security that islam comes in peace and that islam is not a murderous kult , lies.You have just proved it. Had I not been versed on the subject you would have fooled me and many others.

I am thoroughly disgusted. When your kult Islam spreads and it will since muslims use deception and compulsion by force of arms or blackmail , as many a kufar is thoroughly ignorant about his mortal enemies , there are many not just islam. I hope you all take a moment to think of the evil you did to innocent men women and children just to spread a lie , a lie that was forced on you(The Riddah wars). By their actions you shall know them , action speaks louder than words. Since the beginnings of islam it has forced entire nations to submit or surrender-ISLAM to it and has ben responsible for genocide of mass peoples even up to this day (Sudan,Darfur/ Thailand/ The Philipines/ Pakistan,Punjab-the sikhs) , peaceful indeed.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Why are people on ATS so aggressive when it comes to those who disagree with them.

You are part right but it’s not the full etymology of the word as I have explained. Funny how you claim to “versed on the subject” yet spelt Kafir, wrongly, twice. What you are saying is wrong, you are trying to say that all Muslims are evil because of their believe system what gives you the authority to make such a claim, do you not realise how hurtful these claims could be for a Muslim. It seems you are only “versed” on the negative.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Funny how you claim to “versed on the subject” yet spelt Kafir, wrongly, twice.

Kufar or kuffar is the plural of kafir. Also spelt islam as islame , but you missed that.

you are trying to say that all Muslims are evil because of their believe system

If it is an evil belief system , will not it's followers eventually do evil , as with naziism , satanists , The Ku Klux Klan and religions that practice human sacrifice as it is the core of their beliefs are anti-human , racist/aparthied and anathema. They who associate with it through some agreement/fascination with this evil core thus are not innocent unless they are ignorant and you know what they say about ignorance and laws. I understand that many religious folk are decieved by outside appearances and sweet lies , deceptions , which make these kults even more dangerous. Are not the above mentioned kults outlawed their followers ridiculed and kept under close serveilance and yet we pay lip service to islam , double standards , fear.

what gives you the authority to make such a claim

Survival.

do you not realise how hurtful these claims could be for a Muslim

As if muslims have not hurt anyone.The truth hurts. All most people ever like to do is lie to themselves and others , even when the abyss is staring them right in the face. Only exceptional people face the truth in it's entirety. This world is full of lies that need to be revealed and dealt with now not tomorrow not in another 1000yrs when it is too late. If walls and money could talk , Maybe then the world will be at peace and progress.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I am impressed by your knowledge however I think your fundamental argument that Islam is evil based on the actions of a few is unfair. The actions of a minority of people who practise violent Islamic extremism is not a justification to declare that Islam as a religious institution is inherently evil. I know many people form an Islamic background, some very devout yet they harbour no hate or resentment towards the west and non-believers, at least no more so than the “average” westerner. We would not cast such aspersions on other groups in society such as people form ethnic backgrounds because a minority of them commit a crime.

Based on what you have said thus far I am going to assume that you have a dislike of all organised religion, fair enough, just means it is impossible to reason with you, much in the same way as it is impossible to reason with a violent Islamic extremist. I would be able to agree with you if you were to concede that it is a minority of the Ummah who are what we would define as “evil”. Otherwise we have no more left to discuss as we are at polar opposites of the argument and can never reach a compromise.

“If walls and money could talk , Maybe then the world will be at peace and progress.”

On this I agree.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First of all: to all ignorants here, and haters:

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION.

Islam is submitting you will completely to God.
Each and every one who submits his will to God, lives according to Gods Law, believes in prophets and the Judgement day is IN ISLAM.

Each and every prophet - including Abraham, Moses and Jesus lived IN ISLAM.
They submitted their will to God.

Each and every prophet taught their people to worship GOD ALONE, and that there is no God except God - Torah and Jesus said "Hear oh Israel, our Lord, God, is one".
Quran says: "Say: He, God, is one".
Even the word used by all the prophets, INCLUDING Jesus, is the SAME root in both hebrew and arabic. AHAD (One/Unique).

To the guy posting "facts" about Jesus and Muhammad:
Where is Lazarus, whom Jesus brought back to life? Do you see him walking around, as a proof of Jesus' Miracle?
Where are the blind people he healed?
What about the Red Sea which Moses parted - can you see this partition today?
Can you witness TODAY the plagues that befell pharao?

Where are those miracles?

Can you OBSERVE them TODAY and be like "OMG, truly a miracle from the Almighty!".

No.

Which is the one and ONLY miracle which is STILL here today, and which you can observe, witness and even touch?

QUR'AN.

What happened to nations whom God sent a prophet but they rejected him?
Read the Bible?

What happened to Sodom and Gomorra? What happened to countless other nations who REJECTED THE MATERIAL MIRACLES?

Nah?

So, there came the LAST prophet, who was not sent for one nation only, but for the whole world.
If God would have given him any material miracle, and the people would have rejected it (as they did with ALL the prophets, even with Jesus), WHAT WOULD HAVE GOD HAD TO DO THEN?
Exactly!
DESTROY them like he did with all the nations before.

But if he destroyed them, and Muhammad was the LAST prophet, then what would have happened with the world??

There would be NO WORLD. Because Muhammads "nation" WAS THE WORLD.

Instead, he was given the most SUPREME miracle there ever was and will be: The Qur'an. A RECITATION containing direct words of God together with a challenge FOR THE WHOLE WORLD to produce the like of it, if they can.
No one has ever met the challenge, and no one WILL ever do.

Regarding other posts here from ignorants who write lies and propaganda:

Islam is indeed peace. Peace with ones self, with the people, and with God.

There is not a single verse or command in the Qur'an which tells believers to kill or harm anyone "because of Islam".
All the "facts" and verses they so freely post here using the oh so beloved "cut&paste" method are entirely abused, taken out of context, and sometimes even not quoted to the end! Imagine that, they quote THE FIRST PART of a verse and shout "SEE!!!! Islam commands muslims to kill all unbelievers, SEE!!! It says "And Slay them wherever you find them!".
Really now?

I have a "quote" for you: Jesus says "Bring them and SLAY THEM BEFORE ME!"
Nah? That sounds peaceful, doesn't it?

This happens when you take half of a verse, pluck them out of the whole text and ABUSE them INTENTIONALLY (because that little voice in your head tells you to do it - THAT is the DEVIL btw).

It is an IRREFUTABLE fact that Muhammad was sent as a mercy for the whole UNIVERSE.

If God would punish the people today for what they do, do you think there would be A SINGLE SOUL left alive on this planet? How many times have you LIED until now?
Do you have a bank account? Do you know it is based in interest, which is forbidden before God?
How many times have you fallen slave to your DESIRES, thus making your DESIRES your GOD?
Are you actually aware of how many sins you (and me) each do on the daily basis?

Truly, if God were to judge us by every insult we make against Him, he would have destroyed this world for the n-th time by now!

But verily thy Lord is full of grace to mankind: Yet most of them are ungrateful. (Qur'an, 27:73)

But that is why he PROMISED he will spare us until the Day of Judgement, and he sent us His direct Word - the Qur'an - to be a guide for all Mankind.

Qur'an guides us to follow God's way, and to NOT listen to the wispers of the devil, who is our open enemy, that we might lead a better life here, and achieve eternal bliss in the hereafter.

It is the DEVIL that wispers in your head right now, and makes you "think" that you "have to" write an insulting drivel here against God, his Message and his Prophets.

He, the Devil, is pleased when he achieves this, because he has sworn that he will bring down ALL of mankind, except for a few who are STEADFAST IN ISLAM (in the way of God, submitting their will to God, and not to devil).

It is the devil that wispers in the ear of every murderer to go and blow himself up, thus killing dozens of INNOCENT people, men, women, and children.

It is the devil that wispers in the head of the corporate boss to "make more and more money", by abusing countless lives and by spreading lies and propaganda.

It is the same devil that wispers in the head of the Crusaders to go and kill muslims, for their only sin - believing in ONE GOD.

The Devil rejoices in this, because by killing each other we are DIRECTLY contradicting the Bible and the Qur'an, and God's Word:

if anyone slays a human being-unless it be for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind (Qur'an, 5:32)

This is ISLAM. Each and every life is holy, for in each and every person there is a soul which comes FROM GOD.
Only GOD has the right to take BACK those souls.

And except in case of self defense or as a punishment for murder, NO ONE, NO HUMAN has the right to take another life.

Each person on this earth has a FREE WILL given by God. There indeed IS NO compulsion in religion:

Thus, [O Prophet,] if they argue with you, say, "I have surrendered my whole being unto God, and [so have] all who follow me!" - and ask the People of the Book, as well as all unlettered people, "Have you surrendered yourselves unto Him?" And if they surrender themselves unto Him, they are on the right path; but if they turn away - behold, your duty is no more than to deliver the message. (Qur'an, 3:20)

Peace be unto you all.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If islam is about peace.. How come their women have to use these cloak thingies? Not exactly making peace between man and women. Its not logical.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
When and where in history was that "great respect"? Seriously? In the modern world, whenever Islam takes a strong enough foothold, people that oppose are killed. Whole villages have been slaughtered.

did you ever hear of the crusades?!?!
western crusaders slaughtered a lot more than "whole villages"
for opposing christianity!

Annie, curious thought process. You are informed of Islam slaughtering whole villages and your only response is to cite crimes committed by Christianity in the dark ages. How can you possibly excuse recent acts of extreme evil with evil by another side dating back a thousand years? What in the world is wrong with your mind?? You are not in the slightest interested in Islam, only to defend anything and everything it does, patently. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I am impressed by your knowledge however I think your fundamental argument that Islam is evil based on the actions of a few is unfair. The actions of a minority of people who practise violent Islamic extremism

Kevin, you obviously have a case of selective reading. You and others have been repeatedly informed that violent Islamism is not practiced by "a few".

I know many people form an Islamic background, some very devout yet they harbour no hate

They are not Islamic. They equate to the millions of non-practicing so called Christians also present in the UK. If you understood Islam you would know true Islam (by definition) can only exist under Sharia law. Wherever Sharia spreads, Islam is "extremeist" as you say. It is the real Islam, and is ruling over millions globally as we speak. To judge Islam by the friendly "moderates" you have seen in the UK is a good way of becoming totally confused and misdirected. It is THEY, awaiting radicalization, who are the "few" in Islam.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

sadly I must continue , with this debate , paradigms need to be shifted. Hopefully this will be my last post.

You are part right but it’s not the full etymology of the word as I have explained

Then you refute the expert on arabic as it is him who I derive my source from , Lissan al-Arab-Ibn Mandhour. You are confused with the root word s-l-m.
From that root comes many different meanings ,

Islam اسلام Submission

Saleema سليما To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a female)

Saleem سليم To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a male)

Aslam اسلم To submit

Istaslama استسلاما To surrender

Salama سلما The stinging of a snake or the tanning of the leather

Salam سلام Well-being/Peace

It's like c-l-d which can give you

cold

Child

scold

called

culled

To try too confuse the root with totaly different words is either ignorant or deceptive. I hope it is the former.

I am impressed by your knowledge however I think your fundamental argument that Islam is evil based on the actions of a few is unfair.

I do not believe it is the few. I believe it is their profit brigand and his book the koran "allah , muhommed , jihad". Men cannot become religious radicals without cause , a religion. Expecially religions that lets them loose on infidels like Abu Afak and Asma bint Marwan an old man and a female poet who criticized mohammed when he was causing a ruckus in the hejaz of arabia.Muhammed had them killed acording to Ibn Ishaq's Sirah.

If I had to regulate the 3 abrahamic religions in star trekkian terms , I'd say jews would be ferrengi , true christians like the essenes would be betazoids. They faught the dominion (which would probably be the New World Order) and won by making the dominion feel remorsefully guilty through telepathy and empathy and I believe that's how the first christians non-violence worked. But this can only work on people with a conscience. As for Islam , you guessed it the Borg , only adapting to further their agenda to conquer "You will be assimilated". And we could argue that the individual borg is not representing the hive mind , yet he/she/it is.Only when they are disconnected from the hive mind can you then say they are responsible for their actions and not representing the hive mind like seven of 9. Well there's my take on it.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by De La Valletta]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join