It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Any religion equal war, atheism is the only way to peace, in my sense.

Any religion is manipulationand and/or dictature out of date. It fits for a lot of people, simply because they need something to stand on, they cant do-it on there own and that is sad. Knowing that something is bad has to come from within, not from some message of "the guy that never shows up". Religion was the first consperacy ever started and it's been there so long that you just cant bebunk-it.

To much people claim that religion is spirituality, BS ! Spirituality is the opposite of materalism. Spirituality is learning/sharing idea and fealings before any type of material.

I cant deny, any religion as a pretty nice message of peace... BUT ONLY WHEN NOT TAKING LITERALY ! And my guess is that the muslim take-it too seriously. Way too seriously.

Life has to be 50% serious(work), the other 50% is to enjoy life without pi!#ing off anybody else. 34% for work, 34% for religion and 32% for freedom is just not working for me.

I'm being judge by a lagislation that is real, it makes more sense to me because if the rule doesn fit in the time we leave in, it can be changed or adapted. Do religion law/rule changed in the pass 2000 year, especially in muslim ? My guess is no or very little. If I also ad to be judge by some "extra-being" that wrote in "novel" 2000 year ago, I would'n feal good about my self.

I have so many muslim friends in canada and they "practice" half of what the religion dictate. We get to talk philosophy/spirituality and that is priceless. They even highlight stuff in the coran that just dont make any sense anymoore.

atheism peace for all, with no discremination !

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Atheism only makes people fight for something besides religion. There was just as much killing before organized religion. In fact, more.

Before organized religion, humanity wiped out some several other human species.

Religion unified the diverse people of India and Egypt into one nation. It unifies many.

In the end, religion does far more good than bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Yes, human nature is stuck in a stand still. Did you know that we are, today, only 200 years ahead of Rome 2000 years ago? It's so horrible.

What Jesus did mean is that eh did not come for a peaceful multicultural paradise with everyone having their own opinion. He came to change humanity. Well I mean, you can have many cultures. But Jesus came to unify man under one faith. The sword is the same sword of the Garden of Eden. it is the sword that divided man from God. In the same way, Jesus' sword is to divide the saved and unsaved. Simple as that.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have not seen any hatred against Muslims in the western media. Other than Fox news, and surprisingly they've not said much (too busy insulting Obama I suppose).

As far as I can see, also, being insulted is no reason to give up, nor an excuse to violence. It is the duty of the brother to correct another brother if he is wrong. If a Muslim desire bombing and assault, or a cleric preach it, it is the duty of the righteous to prevent that. To voice their opposition and correct them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Atheism only makes people fight for something besides religion. There was just as much killing before organized religion. In fact, more.

Yes i agree. All i'm saying is that it mit be more benficial being "spiritily independent". Rethink peace in any situation, by your self. Not by some guidlines.

There will always be extremists or deviant/creedy people.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Current data shows nothing wrong happens with being spiritually whatever. But there is some evidence that 2nd and 3rd generations of these beliefs does not result in a positive end. Most notably the children of "hippies" who in many cases have resulted in the pro-death culture of "who gives a crap?". Self loathing troubled teens.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Anyone who studies Islam seriously without bias know that it is the framework for total and relentless subjugation based on totally ridiculous ideas.

This school of thought should be banned and its followers should refuse to believe what their prophet teaches in regard to cause others to suffer or lose their basic privileges as humans beings! Til then they can shout from the highest point that they are about peace and all I will hear is a lie.

Islam is like someone letting a rapist cult exist just because it is their right to believe it and if you don't they will start blowing up your cities. Utterly contemptuous!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Again, I agree. They dont teach peace in school or if they do, it mixed with some other subject. Same thing at home, parents tend to make-it "black or white". You think morality or philosophy is better suited to teach peace ?

I realy enjoy your reply, they are very toughfull and educating, thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Interesting posts and concept that is put forth.
For my own part, and I do have first hand experience with the moderate points of those who follow Islamic religion and my opinion is based off of what I see, what I have personally experienced and what I have heard.
As to the nature of those who follow the Islamic faith, I would say the error is that they are not of peace, nor do I believe they are wanting peace anytime soon. I would believe they are a closed society, not open and tending to stand for themselves, not wanting to be a part of any country or society, save that which furthers their purpose. I live in a very large immigrant heavy area, and ironically, I would be considered the minority of my neighborhood. I keep to myself. The demographic breakdown is as follows: Hispanic, Muslim, and asian are the majority, all others are in the minority. Now one of my good friends, a nice hispanic lady who lives in an appartment building with a hight muslim population, and who has children, has been harassed by her neighbors. I do own a dog and do not mind her children coming over to play with my dog, as it keeps him socialized. The muslim ladies all pitched a fit and started up the harassment against this woman, all cause she let her children pet and play with a dog. They went as far as to tell this woman, who is a devout roman catholic, that she should convert to Islam.
And everytime an extremist group of muslims committ an act of terror, the language and statement that the more moderate groups of muslims put out, are well weak and tend to hang to the rear on issues, afraid to make a stand against such. I tend to doubt the sincerity of the more moderate groups of muslims for that exact reason, as it tells me they are hanging to the rear for their own purposes, not supporting what is right or wrong.
But that is my opinon and experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the movie "Mars Attacks" and a particular scene near the end, where the aliens are killing everyone with their ray guns, but one is carrying a translation device which is saying "We come in peace".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Exactly. We do the same thing but imo are far less dangerous in the long run.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'll makes this very simple. The Islamic religion is based on the words of there prophet. This human being received his teaching from an Angel. The nane of the Angel was Gabriel. Gabriel, the fallen Angel. Don't you all see the connection. God, never spoke to there Prophet. This is never mentioned however it is true. One last thing, this religion is a "Religion of Death" nothing more or less.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by flycatch]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by infolurker
An Oligarchy structure waging war based on "nothing" that Jesus taught. That is why they didn't teach the population to read.

One thing though, can you show me the quotes of Jesus that inspired such actions?

Matthew 10:34-39
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
(36) And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
(37) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
(38) And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
(39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Yes, and what has he told his "followers" to do? HE is the sword of truth, Jesus doesn't tell his followers to HARM anyone. Where is the violence? Where is the subjugation, where is Jesus ordering harm?

Now, how about this:

"The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them." Qur'an 9:71

"Truly, if the Hypocrites stir up sedition, if the agitators in the City do not desist, We shall urge you to go against them and set you over them. They shall have a curse on them. Whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain without mercy - a fierce slaughter - murdered, a horrible murdering." Qur'an 33:60

"Slay them wherever you find and catch them, and drive them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter." Qur'an 2:191

"I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes." Qur'an 8:12

Fight those who do not believe in Allah, ... until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection. [Qur'an 9.29]

Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. (Qur'an 9:5)

"So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam." Qur'an:8:39

The punishment for those who wage war against God and His Prophet, and perpetrate disorders in the land, is to kill or hang them, or have a hand on one side and a foot on the other cut off, or banish them from the land. Such is their disgrace in the world, and in the Hereafter their doom shall be dreadful. Qur'an 5.33

"If they turn back from Islam, becoming renegades, seize them and kill them wherever you find them." Qur'an 4:90

"Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: 'Wipe the infidels out to the last.'" Qur'an:8:7

33:50 - "Prophet, We have made lawful to you ... the slave girls whom God has given you as booty."

4:24 - And all married women (are forbidden) unto your save those (captives) whom your right hand possesses.

"So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." Qur'an 8:39

As I said before, It is what it is.... and it isn't peaceful.... nice try though.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

ALthough those quotes are in fact terribly translated to make them sound worse , it is the basic premise of what the verse intends to convey.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
All RELIGIONS ( not all BELIEF SYSTEMS) are exclusionary in nature. It truly is the nature of the beast. This one is going to hell, that one needs to die, repent! Its all the same. If you choose to be religious and are self deluded enough to not grasp this part.. well.. you are as foolish as you sound.

I choose to be a christian. I am under no false illusions that God loves all his chilluns.. he ordered the total destructions of certain peoples. He said "slay utterly.. every beast, man woman and child". Id say thats pretty plain. He IS a jealous God.. by His own words....one to be feared. If you see anything different, you arent reading the bible or your under some spell of an ear tickling social club preacher. The reason I am a xtian is due to the new covenant. When this wholesale destruction had an out.. as in the payment of a debt.. kind of a get out of hell free card called Salvation or being washed in the blood of the lamb as payment. Okay, I can see that.

The ONLY difference in Islam is that their "jesus" or get out of jail free card hasnt arrived yet and they believe he is still waiting to emerge. Same with the Jews. No wonder they have conflict. They did not evolve as a religion and are stuck in prepayment mode. WHy cant xtians understand this?? It is very easy to understand them as we were NO different at one time. Religious fervence is a truly powerful thing. To be feared. THAT is why Islam is NOT a religion of peace and is evident by their own holy book and teaching. It is also very plain by the fatwas and etc of the mullahs currently.

It has never made ANY sense to me to try to "convert" or show ANYONE the error of their ways iunless they are trampling on another. No, Islam is not a religion of peace, but IF we allow them to be protectionist, live in their own bubble of islam in their own country unmolested as they wish, we wouldnt be pushing this to crisis mode. There is ONE reason we are in conflict with them.. moderate and radical islam.. it is that we are trying to change their way of life and take their religion away.. or mold it into something more palatable to US. It is that we have gone about dealing with religious zealots in a bad way. Once the xtians were zealots. some still are.. why cant this be understood? If I am commanded by a God.. an omnipotent being to rid my land of infidels and the promise is there to send a savior if I do.. well Im going to damn well do it too! Unfortunately for America, Israel, and the rest of the world, we couldnt stand one place being exclusionary when we are playing the game. We didnt care to consider that all religion is exclusionary and should have let them have at it. I can have sympathy, but I am sick to death of sacrificing American children to "liberate" people who DO NOT want to be liberated! Let them have their god and do all of these things that we find so abhorrent. Funny thing, when we are their friends we dont find it so abhorrent and feel the need to rush in. More atrocities are committed in China than anywhere I can think of.. are we rushing in there to give them democracy and freeing subjugated women? Hmmmmmm nope.. wonder why? ( Rhetorical of course
)

Hypocrites of ANY religion give me diarrhea.. seriously.

Oh and if you wonder what crazy religion I am as a xtian.... Im a Calvinist. Yeah, rules, regulations, pretty stiff necked. Just so happens Im not a hypocrite and I try VERY hard to never cross that hypocritical line! SOme of you oughtto give it a try. Its good for the digestion as well as the final disposition of your soul.

Atheists... Im not bothered by you and truly in my opinion no SECURE xtian should be .. to each his own. If you had the feeling to become a christian/Jew/islamist/satanist/buddhist/wiccan or what have you.. youd have done it by now. No amount of badgering will convert you. I only wish you well in your lives and urge you to act kindly to everyone.. you never know when some crazy xtian could be your trauma nurse...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthy-bird
Any religion equal war, atheism is the only way to peace, in my sense.

All religions are political terrorist cults and should be viewed as such. Islam is just the most dangerous one presently.

Spiritual practice of self transcendence is not religion and is benign or maybe even beneficial to people and society.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I ask everybody to take a step back before you post to consider the difference between WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE TRUE AND WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO BE TRUE.

It bums me out that I see so many posts on ATS full of ignorance and hatred.

My opinion is that religious differences have been used against humanity by the military industrial corps to make money.

To the non-Muslims I ask, how many Muslims have you KNOWN that advocate murder?

You should know by now not to believe everything you see on TV.

There are certainly men and women killing in the name of Islam. BUT, who are those people?

How many are illiterate? How many are any better than the average human being of fending off a targetted, highly personal marketing campaign?

Think of how hateful many people have become without ever meeting a violent Muslim.

Imagine a "pastor" walking into a poor neighborhood in the USA and targetting an angry, unemployable man and using the most highly developed form of propaganda to convince him God is calling him to strike out against those responsible for his situation.

Imagine the "pastor" tells him his family will regard him as a saint and be paid ten million dollars if he is succesful.

Wake up haters. You are being played!

God help any disinfo agents paid to propagate hatred. You may have to repeat this life as a poor Muslim living in a squalid refugee camp witnessing a Hellfire missile blowing up a wedding party.will you be able to love Christians and Jews?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Same as Christianity. But Columbus makes Hannibal Lecter look harmless:

Search Bartolome de las Casas.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I dont care how peacefull it is, its still a form of slavery. Do this or you suffer eternal pain. No thanks. Religion has no place in todays scientific world.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Muslims cutting their children's heads to appease their God.

Link to more about this ritual
www.davidicke.com...

Takes a special kind of religion to take a knife to your child's head.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
islam is the same as christianity, judaism, and catholicism. and many others. the best and most pervasive form of control ever, since the first person was outsmarted. i would say religion is the first form of control ever invented. its genius really.

but there are good people, thats all. no religion has ever done one good thing. its always been people. if you doubt that, its blasphemy on the largest scale.

people are inherently good. inherently altruistic. and the saddest thing is that most of you dont believe that. how can you put anyone before your fellow human being? how can you put any place before earth? any existence before this life?

i love muslims and christians. as long as theyre called people instead.

i yield the remainder of my time to the lies and division

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join