It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

Your reply says nothing in response to my post. Are you a child? I would expect as much from one. Your post seems indicative of it. However, I will give benefit of the doubt. Discussing the evidence behind my assertions about Islam may not be appropriate viewing for you.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm so sick of this crap, honestly.

"Islam is the religion of Peace"... That's like saying, "The KKK Loves African-Americans".

Islam is not, has never been and will never be an institution of peace, love or fellowship. Just look at what they do to their daughters if caught being with a boy she's not going to marry. (When was stoning someone to death peaceful?) How about homosexuals? It's one thing not to like the idea of homosexuality, another thing totally to hang homosexuals from the gallows.

How about teaching your children to become suicide bombers? To hate the west? Jew's?

If Muslims are peaceful, how about the riots in Muslim riots in Sweden? How about those Muslims who threw rocks at firefighters in Sweden for trying to PUT OUT a Mosque on fire? Or where those rocks "peace rocks"?

You're either a Muslim yourself trying to defend your religions heinous acts and beliefs, or you're just ignorant.

I've lived in quite a few places on this green (soon black, thanks BP) earth. And each place which had Muslims had violence issues.

Mindanao, Islams trying to claim it for themselves, killing innocent people. Sweden, riots, setting schools and cars on fire... More "Islamic peace" I guess huh...

UGH!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I'm fascinated. I never knew this level of ignorance and hate existed on ATS.

I asked you already:

Can I ask, where did you get your Islamic Studies from for you to come to that conclusion?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I smell the stench of fascist right-wing nutters. EDL supporters and various other neo-nazi groups are plentiful on this site. Don't you agree SteveR?

Christianity is just as dangerous as Islam, don't you nutters forget that - Anyone who practices religion but can preach absolute peace is a better person for it in my eyes.

Parallex.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Any religion can be used for war. But there is always the difference between actual and ideal. Ideally we would like all religions to be good and peaceful. Actual is the fact that every single religion partakes in actions to front itself. This is the nature of religion.

The actual facts of the matter is like a two men with a pistol each. That sentence alone speaks nothing. it's just two men, each with a pistol. Now lets lengthen it. Two men each with a Pistol shooting at each other. Well now we have a problem. Why are they shooting? Is there a good guy and a bad guy? etc etc.

let's now transform that into the current situation.

Two men each with a pistol shot at each other, but one decided to not shoot unless shot at.

That makes a good and bad side.

That is the situation today.

The facts are that Islam and Christianity can be those two men. At one time they both shot at each other. But now one shoots just because, while the other one only responds to the shooting when shot at.

How they act is what matters. The facts are that there are far fewer Christians shooting than Muslims.

This is not saying any one of them is right or wrong. This is simply stating the facts of the matter. Who is more violent today? Islam.

Historically, Christians were more violent. They started the crusades over the spice trade. They were imperialists, etc etc.

But there is a difference.

Today the average Christian does not do this.

That is what matters. That is the key factor. That is the summary of the situation. Irregardless of what book says what and what faith claims what, how the people act is that way. One side is simply more violent than the other one.

It does not matter if there are peaceful people on either side. it does not matter if there are violent people on each side. That all comes with being human. The important part is who is more violent. And that is Muslims.

There are violent Christians in Africa, there are peaceful Muslims in Iran. There are men worst than Hitler in the Mormon church, and there are men holier than Gandhi in Pakistan.

But when you run the math through, it is Muslims who are more violent.

So that is the facts. Do not argue with them, because that is the way things are.

What matters is those are the facts. Now what are you going to do to change them?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Despite what propaganda you people spin (whether you are sheltered enough to believe it is another matter) you cannot deny what life is like for many under Islam.

Even Wikipedia speaks of this plainly.

Islamic scholars argue both for and against stoning within Islam. Among the world's countries with Muslim majorities, many of them exercise this form of Islamic Shariah punishment.

So it is the norm. Please tell me how this is commensurate with Islam's professed values of "peace", equality and liberty.

In October, 2008, a girl, Aisho Ibrahim Dhuhulow was buried up to her neck at a football stadium, then stoned to death in front of more than 1,000 people. The stoning occurred after she had allegedly pleaded guilty to adultery in a sharia court in Kismayo, a city controlled by Islamist insurgents. According to the insurgents she had stated that she wanted shari`ah law to apply.

How about this.

Samir Abu Hamza, who runs an Islamic centre in Melbourne, ridiculed Australian laws banning forced sex within marriage. He explained: 'After you have advised them for a long, long time, then you smack them, you beat them and - please brothers, calm down - the beating that the Muhammad showed is like the toothbrush that you use to brush your teeth.'

Or how young children are used as weapons.

i49.tinypic.com...

i46.tinypic.com...

Perhaps beheading young girls is a sign of a peaceful and just religion?

i48.tinypic.com...

I do not need links, although I could provide a limitless amount. I know first hand of Islamic 'honor killing' which has occured several times in my local area.

The brutality of Shariah Islam is quite clear to anyone without an agenda.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
I smell the stench of fascist right-wing nutters. EDL supporters and various other neo-nazi groups are plentiful on this site. Don't you agree SteveR?

Christianity is just as dangerous as Islam, don't you nutters forget that - Anyone who practices religion but can preach absolute peace is a better person for it in my eyes.

Parallex.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Parallex]

Anyway, those promoting Islam as "peaceful", please tell me if anything I list below is incorrect. So, Is the summary below about Muhammad true?

www.freerepublic.com...
www.catholicapologetics.info...
www.islammonitor.org...
www.answering-islam.org...

Summary: Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder. The closer one follows example of Muhammad, the more militant is one's motivation. (T or F?)

MUHAMMAD: "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Sura 9:29)

Muhammad forced followers to continue believing, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him." (Hadith al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Bk. 84, No. 57)

MUHAMMAD: "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of the prophets." Bukhari, Vol. 1, #427

MUHAMMAD: told his followers to aggressively make war on non-Muslims: 9:5, 29. Sura 9 was one of the last Suras given by Muhammad. Initially, when Muhammad's group was weak, he ordered his followers to try to get along with other people. After the Muslims became powerful, he ordered them to spread Islam by force. Abu Bakr, Umar, and Uthman continued his wars of aggression. The massacre of approximately 800 Jewish male captives: (noted in Sura 33:26). War: Muhammad: The Sirat Rasul Allah records Muhammad personally led 27 raids, including Battle of Badr, 624 AD; Battle of Uhud and expulsion of Banu Nadir, 625 AD; Attack on Banu Mustaliq, 626 AD; Battle of the Trench and killing Banu Qurayza, 627 AD; Battle of Khaybar, 628 AD; Battle of Mu’tah, 629 AD; Conquest of Mecca, Battle of Hunayn, Battle of Auras and Siege of al-Ta’if, where Mohammed used a catapult, 630 AD; Battle of Tabouk, Subjugation of Banu Thaqif (Yemen) and subjugation of Ghassanids (Arab Christians), 631 AD.

MUHAMMAD: was a slaver. He owned and sold many slaves, both male and female. He said Allah allowed him and his Muslim followers to have sex with their female slaves when the men wanted to. Reference the Quran, Sura (chapters) 33:50, 52, 23:5, and 70:30. Slaves are considered "booty" for Muslims when taken in raids, thus they are Muslim's property. Muhammad felt proud and conceited enough to enslave thousands of people.

Muhammad's teaching on how to treat enemies:

* Infidels are your sworn enemies (Sura 4:101).
* Be ruthless to the infidels (Sura 48:29).
* Make war on the infidels who dwell around you (Sura 9:123, 66:9).
* Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day (Sura 9:29).
* Strike off the heads of infidels in battle (Sura 47:4).
* If someone stops believing in Allah, kill him (al-Bukhari 9:84:57).
* Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends (Sura 5:51, 60:13).
* Never be a helper to the disbelievers (Sura 28:86).
* Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them (Sura 2:191).
* No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel (al-Bukhari 1:3:111).
* The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land (Sura 5:33).

Mohammed : “I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy)” [Bukhari 4.220] And from the Quran “I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." [Q8.12]

Sorry, I don't buy the "peaceful" thing because where in the world is "Islam" peaceful, understanding, and inclusive where they have a majority? We only see this "peaceful" thing in places where Islam is not the majority.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Nice post. Straight from the Koran itself. What more needs to be said?

I feel genuinely sorry for those who are too sheltered to believe in the great evils perpetrated by Islam on millions of people globally. I feel genuinely sorry for those who have become so entrapped in their position that there is no way out, but to defend Islam against all logic and truth.

This thread is done.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
reply to post by queenannie38

I don't buy into this .... simply because the Koran, the book they all use, read and follow, says to "kill the infidels" meaning "US / Christians".

i have read the q'uran, actually
all the way through

infidel means "unfaithful"

If you are going to spew LIES, you might try understanding the facts better.

you're lucky we're on the internet....'cause them's fightin' words, friend. and i'm a pacifist.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would advise all of you to read the damn koran before you say they are peaceful. no all muslims are NOT violent...but all ISLAMISTS are. because the damn book tells them to be violent. it basically ORDERS them to kill all infidels.

Why do you think when there are 'honor' killings people get off in muslim countrys? BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDER SHARIA LAW. which is also a basic tennit of ISLAM.

DO YOU WANT TO LIVE UNDER SHARIA LAW? DO YOU? because muslims dont give a damn about the constitution of any other aw OTHER THEN SHARIA LAW.

Why do you think in the Uk muslims police themselves? because its there damn religion! WOULD YOU PEOPLE WAKE UP!'

Dont swallow the islam kool-aid. religion of peace my arse.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Islam like many other religions has a lot of blood on its hands.

Christians can look back to the Crusades and the Inquisition.

If you read the Koran you will find many verses that call for
the heads of the Infidels and to strike at their necks.

That is where the impetus for the beheadings of innocent civilians
came from in Iraq and elsewhere.

For a good look at the so called religion of peace:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

They have plenty of evidence there.

Maybe we should look at how Theo van Gogh was gutted in the street ?

Theo Van Gogh

There is peace in death, but there will be no peace as long
as their is religion.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Theists always amaze with their ability to believe and accept without question
the most ridiculous and outlandish stories, tenets and precepts of their
religion.

And all the while find it easy to denigrate and mock the closely held
belief of others.

Jesus was the son of God born of a virgin
Muhammad transcribed the ACTUAL word of GOD
Seventy two virgins in eternity for dying in a holy war
Blissful place in heaven for accepting (whatever that actually means)
a human named Jesus who lived 2k years ago as your (whatever
this means) lord and savior.
God kills his son, and somehow that's a good thing for humans

It's all superstition. It was forced fed to you while you were to young
for rationale thought. And then it was bolstered by peer pressure,
and capped off with a gigantic plug of fear.

I wish you would all just quit it. You are embarrassing me in front
of all the advanced alien civilizations that are watching us.

They probably think less of us than we do of apes swinging from trees.

Now excuse me, I have to go kneel to the west and stare at the sun
for seven minutes, then perform an act of kindness three times
BEFORE I have breakfast. Also, 'm only allowed eat with my left foot
on Sundays or I can't go to heaven. Damn, the suns covered by clouds,
now what do I do? Guess I'll have to go check my three-thousand
year old book for guidance.

So long and thanks for all the fish...hmmmm
That reminds of a story by Douglas Adams...

". . . imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an
interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in,
fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must
have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as
the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the
puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the
notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was
meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment
he disappears catches him rather by surprise.

I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.

Douglas Adams

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Considering religion is on the rise, I'd say that puddle is now a pond.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Evisscerator

I don't buy into this .... simply because the Koran, the book they all use, read and follow, says to "kill the infidels" meaning "US / Christians".

i have read the q'uran, actually
all the way through

infidel means "unfaithful"

If you are going to spew LIES, you might try understanding the facts better.

you're lucky we're on the internet....'cause them's fightin' words, friend. and i'm a pacifist.

You just said it yourself you fool. INFIDEL MEANS UNFAITHFUL. as in all those who dont believe in allah or 'faithful to allah'.

Its obvious you are a islamist troll trying to spread propaganda.

You can take your 'jihad' and shove it where the sun dont shine. i wont be living under sharia law. i would rather die then live under that tyranny.

which ironically will happen to all 'unfaithful'.

Im agnostic. and if yor athiest,christian,or what ever is not islam you will be targeted. Because remember...we are 'unfaithful' to the 'true god' allah. I dont have much respect for the catholic church or organized christianity in general......but i would rather live with christians and there 'morality' then muslims and there sharia law.

The day sharia law rules over this country is the day when i will join a new CRUSADE.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
As for my calling them Muslims, how many terrorists can you name who aren’t Muslim today? Take a look at the FBI’s most wanted terrorists list and show me one name that isn’t Muslim.

Terrorism 2002/2005

and don't forget about these old-school terrorists:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nice find... I for one think its about time that the people of the Islamic Faith take their religion back from the morons who chose to use it for their own cowardly beliefs. If you think strapping a bomb to yourself and killing innocent men, women and children in the name of God will grant you eternal salvation, then why arent the morons who are pushing that view strapping bombs to themselves instead of having their followers do their cowardly work for them?

Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend..

To those who think Islam is the only violent religion out there I strongly urge you to learn your history. Lets look at the inquisitions, the crusades, the conversion of native americans.

the only difference is that was done at a time when mass media took a year to round the globe. Turn the tables and do it today, and Christianity would be just as guilty as Islam. So please stop throwing stones, as it will break the glass wall when it hits.

As for the comments about people demanding change.. I agree 100%.

Reminds me of the saying never doubt that a small group of determined people could ever change the world.. As it is the only thing that ever has.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
As for my calling them Muslims, how many terrorists can you name who aren’t Muslim today? Take a look at the FBI’s most wanted terrorists list and show me one name that isn’t Muslim.

Terrorism 2002/2005

and don't forget about these old-school terrorists:

www.fbi.gov...
Only 1 name I see on their top ten list that is linked to Islam and terrorism. If we go by your criteria, and the list given, then Hispanics are more of a threat to us than Islam ever will be.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Get A Grip, People!

to make peace, all one has to do is to refrain from aggression and strife.

it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what anyone's holy book says or doesn't say or what's happened in the past (even yesterday) or what you believe to be truth because everyone else believes it, too.

it has nothing to do with the other person, at all!

it has to do with YOU.
your self-restraint, self-discipline, and ability to respond, rather than react.

so these Muslims in NYC say they are for peace.
NOW
TODAY

maybe they weren't last week or last year or a decade ago...
but then again, maybe they were....

it doesn't matter because they are making the effort RIGHT NOW in a fashion that is closer to the idea of PEACE than all their vehement and outspoken, often angry and aggressive, critics here on this thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
When and where in history was that "great respect"? Seriously? In the modern world, whenever Islam takes a strong enough foothold, people that oppose are killed. Whole villages have been slaughtered.

did you ever hear of the crusades?!?!
western crusaders slaughtered a lot more than "whole villages"
for opposing christianity!

there is no black and white here.

this relationship didn't start in 2001.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
When and where in history was that "great respect"? Seriously? In the modern world, whenever Islam takes a strong enough foothold, people that oppose are killed. Whole villages have been slaughtered.

did you ever hear of the crusades?!?!
western crusaders slaughtered a lot more than "whole villages"
for opposing christianity!

there is no black and white here.

this relationship didn't start in 2001.

Yep,

An Oligarchy structure waging war based on "nothing" that Jesus taught. That is why they didn't teach the population to read.

One thing though, can you show me the quotes of Jesus that inspired such actions?

Polar differences here... Some Pope king declaring crusades based on nothing Jesus taught and having your prophet actually explaining in "great detail" on how you should wage war and murder, spreading the religion by the sword. The entire CORE concept of the religions are different. How can you be a peaceful follower of Muhammad when his message is convert by force?

What about the Crusades and Inquisition had anything to do with "Jesus"?
Not a damned thing. What teachings of Jesus can we quote to justify these atrocities? Nothing.

What does violence, forced conversion and death to converts away from Islam have to do with Muhammad? Like about EVERYTHING.

You can read the quotes of Jesus and know the message of peace. You can read the quotes of Muhammad and know that message as well.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by infolurker]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join