It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The point is nations have been treated with same respect as GOD.

When you isolate the attitudes I mentioned you are correct, but those attitudes combined is very similar to every religious belief.

Think about it.

We pray to GOD.
We fight for GOD.
Some die for GOD.
Some kill for GOD.

When people puts so much effort, and gives so much respect to one thing, it becomes GOD, that is the point. That is what idolatry is.

Jesus is regarded as a GOD?
Farohs were regarded as GODs?

That being said when human beings put their focus on one thing, it becomes a GOD. Not literally, but psychologically.

Humans have been turned in to GOD also, many material beings have been turned in to GODs also, hence the sun, cow..

Last but not least, a vote does not need to be set for which one GOD we should worship, if we already decided to worship one GOD.

Hence One GOD.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Islam is judged by Islam and those who actually follow it.

If a Muslim lies to make money, can Islam be judged by him when Islam forbids lying?

If a Muslim drinks and drives, can Islam be judged by him when Islam forbids intoxication?

You get where I'm going with this right?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

The point is nations have been treated with same respect as GOD.

It's mighty disrespectful to a god to treat a nation as if it were one. I don't know any religious folks who are that disrespectful of their gods.

When you isolate the attitudes I mentioned you are correct, but those attitudes combined is very similar to every religious belief.

Think about it.

We pray to GOD.
We fight for GOD.
Some die for GOD.
Some kill for GOD.

When people puts so much effort, and gives so much respect to one thing, it becomes GOD, that is the point. That is what idolatry is.

Well, I can't speak for others, but as for myself, any deity that I carried that little an amount of respect for would certainly not be worthy of worship.

To repeat myself: I pray to NO nation, I fight for NO nation, I kill for NO nation, and, so far, I have died for NO nation.

I guess that exempts me from the world wide Caliphate you propose.

Jesus is regarded as a GOD?
Farohs were regarded as GODs?

Maybe. Let's get the whole world behind one of THOSE, then, so we can avoid the injustice inherent in islam. I think, however, that any of those would develop their own brand of injustice over time...

That being said when human beings put their focus on one thing, it becomes a GOD. Not literally, but psychologically.

A "psychological god"? Kind of takes the deity right out of godhood, doesn't it? I'm afraid any "psychological god" is not worthy of my attention, either.

Humans have been turned in to GOD also, many material beings have been turned in to GODs also, hence the sun, cow..

Calling a "skunk" a "rose", Calling "black" "white", calling a "pig's ear" a "silk purse"... none of these things make it so. Neither does calling a man, a cow, a star, etc a "god" make it one.

Last but not least, a vote does not need to be set for which one GOD we should worship, if we already decided to worship one GOD.

Hence One GOD.

Ok. I'm going to start pushing the Sumerian Ea as the one world god.

It's decided.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Islam is judged by Islam and those who actually follow it.

Who is the grand arbiter of who actually "follows it"? It's been demonstrated time after time that sects such as the wahabbis follow the most fundamental, hence pure form of islam. Shall we let them decide who is actually "following" islam?

If a Muslim lies to make money, can Islam be judged by him when Islam forbids lying?

Only if it contradicts itself elsewhere and actually demands lying. But we aren't talking about "lying", are we?

If a Muslim drinks and drives, can Islam be judged by him when Islam forbids intoxication?

Only if it demands intoxication elsewhere, in a contradictory manner. But we aren't talking about intoxication either, are we?

You get where I'm going with this right?

Lead on, then. I'm hot on your trail.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

To repeat myself: I pray to NO nation, I fight for NO nation, I kill for NO nation, and, so far, I have died for NO nation.

That is the beauty of it, you worship nation without even knowing it.

I can't argue that your nation will not label you as a true believer of that nation without your faith in that nation. If you don't trust your nation, are you a believer of that faith? That is how nations die, when people do not trust it any more, do not have faith on it anymore, do not believe in it anymore.

It is quiet clear to me that people do worship nations, even if they deny it.

You can't deny you the fact that you know your national anthem, am I wrong?

You can't deny you will fight to protect your nation as it calls you to arms, am I wrong?

etc.

Just because people are not yet conscious of their worship for nations, doesn't necessarily mean they are not.

The thing is, it will become official GODS in later generations. Jesus wasn't GOD until later.

Heck I could even suspect Mohammad turning in to a GOD due to huge devotion towards him throughout current Muslim communities.

People already pray to Mohammad, what do you think will happen in later generations?

Once against, when I say one GOD, I mean believe in ONE GOD.

No GOD but that ONE GOD.

Name are not important, characteristics are.

ONE GOD, get it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Who is the grand arbiter of who actually "follows it"? It's been demonstrated time after time that sects such as the wahabbis follow the most fundamental, hence pure form of islam. Shall we let them decide who is actually "following" islam?

Once again, you are confusing culture with Islam. The only source of Islam is Quran, the Hadith is culturally based and mixed with human errors etc just like the Bible.

Once you get that fact straight then it should start to make sense.

Only if it demands intoxication elsewhere, in a contradictory manner. But we aren't talking about intoxication either, are we?

That is where importance of evidence in regards to accusation comes in to play.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That is the beauty of it, you worship nation without even knowing it.

I don't know what it is that I worship, but you instead know my own mind better than I?

Have you ever even met me?

You can't deny you the fact that you know your national anthem, am I wrong?

I also know "Smoke on the Water", but I don't worship Deep Purple, either.

You can't deny you will fight to protect your nation as it calls you to arms, am I wrong?

Yes, you're wrong. Until and unless my nation shapes itself up, it's on it's own. I fight only for friends, family, and the guy who stands next to me. None of those are "gods". If "national interest" coincides with my own, the it's all well and good, if not, there could be friction, and has been. Ultimately, I decide what I fight for, not a "nation".

Just because people are not yet conscious of their worship for nations, doesn't necessarily mean they are not.

Now "worship" becomes "uncnoscious"? I dunno, you could be on to something. I sleep when I go unconscious, but others may worship in their sleep.

The thing is, it will become official GODS in later generations. Jesus wasn't GOD until later.

Jesus is now what he always WAS. He didn't "become" anything.

Heck I could even suspect Mohammad turning in to a GOD due to huge devotion towards him throughout current Muslim communities.

People already pray to Mohammad, what do you think will happen in later generations?

Mohammed, too, is now what he always WAS.

Putting a new label on an old can doesn't change the contents.

Once against, when I say one GOD, I mean believe in ONE GOD.

No GOD but that ONE GOD.

Name are not important, characteristics are.

ONE GOD, get it?

You reject the 100 Names of Allah? If not, then it could be that names ARE somewhat important.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Once again, you are confusing culture with Islam. The only source of Islam is Quran, the Hadith is culturally based and mixed with human errors etc just like the Bible.

Once you get that fact straight then it should start to make sense.

It DOES make sense. As has already been demonstrated, the Qur'an is a bloodthirsty book that requires muslims to make war on non-muslims until they submit, one way or the other.

That is where importance of evidence in regards to accusation comes in to play.

Which has already been provided, from the Qur'an itself.

[edit on 2010/7/9 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Most religions have Holy Texts that include violent passages which seem barbaric and archaic in today's world. There are extremists in all regions that create a danger for those who will not adhere to what these extremists feel is the right way to live.

The trouble with Islam as a political ideology is that people today are still taking part in these violent acts in the name of religion. Whether this minority constitutes 1%/5%/10% of the total Islamic population, that is a grave danger to unbelievers.

I am all for strengthening relations between people of different faiths to achieve peace. But let's not make excuses for terrorist acts being done in the name of religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
reply to post by Carseller4

No one is apologizing for anyone.

There are bad apples on BOTH sides.

A reconciliation needs to take place between our two cultures/religions.

The ignorance, fear and hate has to stop now! It only leads to war, death and destruction.

Governments and those in power do not want peace between our peoples.

So we the people need to step up and make peace possible.

The era of lies, ignorance and hate have to come to an end, humanity demands it!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by kommunist]

I'm with you here brother. The time for hateness and division is over. Now is the time for unity and love. The world will be a lot better place if love is allowed to prevail.

Btw, reconciliation should happen to all religions and all cultures, not just between the two cultures and religions.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Dave Chappelle, not another Muslim added to no fly list

July 4th, 2010 A celebrity news website reports that "Dave Chappelle Deemed 'Safety Risk' on Private Jet" yesterday morning for misbehavior.

What? Why? Dave Chappelle? The super funny guy? The Muslim?

Yes, that's right! Some of you reading likely don't know that Dave Chappelle is a practicing Muslim. He even attended salatul jumah at the Islamic Center of Ann Arbor a few years ago according to community members. And earlier this year Chappelle's mother, also a Muslim, was the guest of honor at a Muslim Students' Association event on the UM campus.

OK, so about the plane incident and the whole "flight risk" thing: Apparently Dave Chappelle was not feeling well while traveling on a private jet from New Jersey to Ohio, his reported state of residence. He allegedly hassled the pilot while trying to obtain arrival-time information. The pilot did not react well to this, determined Chappelle a "safety risk" and made an immediate landing. Umm, melodramatic much?

The article made it sound like Chappelle was "erratic" and "crazy" when in fact the man was having stomach related issues and jet facilities were not accommodating, as informs a rep for the comedian. And maybe, being a funny guy, Chappelle attempted to add some humor to the situation which may have been mistaken for something else by the pilot.

The jet didn't land in Michigan but I can only imagine that if it had, Dave Chappelle would have been warmly received and well accommodated. Ann Arbor Muslims LOVE Dave Chappelle; especially the MSA brothers! Come visit us again at any time, inshaAllah.

source

--------------

i sure hope none of you anti-islam extremists were fans of Dave's!
because now you can't be!
:shk:

hey... i was wondering why he's been blacklisted in entertainment. he's a muslim. it all makes sense now. i didnt know that, didnt care. but i always wondered why he got s*** on so bad. i love me some chappelle!

see? if we didnt have religion we could be watching a new chappelle show right now. or a new chappelle movie. but our overlords dont want that. they divided us, and we are effectively conquered.

but you p****** are too scared to rage against the machine for real. keep reading the teleprompter. im a christian, im a muslim. youre all pawns and highly expendable. wake the motherf*** up!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

Didn't Chappelle have some sort of major meltdown, and that's the reason you don't see him around anymore?

But hey, thanks for your rant.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You cannot be a Muslim and only take the bits from the Qur'an that you like.
Either you follow it or you are punished.
If any one thinks that this is false, please go ahead and see how many people are killed or punished every year for disrespecting the "holy book" in Muslim Countries!

The Qur'an is NOT a book of peace but a book of WAR and as a Non-Believer my self I also dislike all other books of faith but none force you to take over the world by converting and killing every one else.

The worst about all of this:
Muslims in Western countries seem "nice" and good but that is only a front.
Sit down with a Muslim, and ask what he thinks of YOU. once you ask that question and get an Honest (super rare) answer you will be shocked.

How do I know all of this? well I lived WITH Muslims for many years, in my house as my neighbors and was around them 24/7 at that level sooner or later you get to hear what you don't relay wanna hear. I have so much to say but Ill leave that for another time.

Islam and Muslim people are too full of hatred for non believers. TO MUCH.
At least Jews and Christians can DEAL with the majority of there country not believing in there religion Muslims CAN NOT!!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Freedomrus]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Islam sucks hot dogs. Better off taking up crocheting.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Would you mind telling these guys ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) that "Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror"

"In Mogadishu, Sheik Yusuf Sheik Issa, an al-Shabab commander, told The Associated Press early Monday that he was happy with the attacks in Uganda...."Uganda is one of our enemies. Whatever makes them cry, makes us happy. May Allah's anger be upon those who are against us," Sheik said. " - from the article in the above thread

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by queenannie38

Would you mind telling these guys ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) that "Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror"

"In Mogadishu, Sheik Yusuf Sheik Issa, an al-Shabab commander, told The Associated Press early Monday that he was happy with the attacks in Uganda...."Uganda is one of our enemies. Whatever makes them cry, makes us happy. May Allah's anger be upon those who are against us," Sheik said. " - from the article in the above thread

This thread is talking about Islam.

Just because Americans kill, rape, molest, torture, eat humans etc doesn't mean it is under American law, get it?

Try again.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have an interesting quote, see what you think of it, I say it holds some truths, whilst this parade of peace goes on buses the parade of conquest continues in the face of tolerant people who are too kind to say no. Those who do speak out are accused of Islamaphobia, but those Muslims who cover them selves up have a rule against anything standing free in this world like even a kiss, or mixing with other faiths in relationships and one rule at work for them and another for you.

The 'Islamaphobe' name is catchy what they call to the free people who are afraid that their basic freedoms are compromised and their fears while pushing their emotions to submitting to this fear in order to stay safe and avoid riots. It is a psycological battle and it is not full of lovely stories and compromises but fear that eats away.

Quote from another website, person's name not been used.

Muslims have done this atrocity of building mosques on the sacred places in other countries wherever they have invaded!!! Few well known examples are: Temple Mount, the mosque over cathedral of Constantinople, various holy sites of Hindus in India,all holy sites of Persians in Iran, and now they want to do the same on Ground Zero.

Their only aim is to defile infidels holy sites no matter what. If this commission in NYC does not understand this, it will grant Muslims to build this atrocity over there and it will be a constant reminder for Muslims that they killed 3000 infidels at this place and at least won for that day. Never forget Muslims are in perpetual battle with us and they will do anything to convert or kill us.

Stop building of this Cordoba mosque on ground Zero.

Text

[edit on 12-7-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Queen, I can't say that I agree with your stance here. To me, it is a very warlike religion. I tend to think that they took the Old Testament, re-worded it and called it the Koran.

I see nothing, with exceptions to sufism, peaceful about Islam.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Queen, I can't say that I agree with your stance here. To me, it is a very warlike religion. I tend to think that they took the Old Testament, re-worded it and called it the Koran.

I see nothing, with exceptions to sufism, peaceful about Islam.

Says the man who NEVER even read ONE page of the Qur'an.

How are you ALL not ashamed to write about a religion every kind of drivel without even reading that religions MAIN SOURCE?

Seriously, have you no shame at all?

Are you not at least a little bit affraid that you WILL BE accountable for everything you write?

OR has the devil blinded you so much, that everything evil he presents you, is seen as good by you?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is one Doctrinal issue which is fundamental to the question of whether Islam, or Judaism, or Christianity, for that matter, are religions of Peace rather than violence. And that fundamental issue is the interpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection".

Just look at Buddhism, for just a few minutes.

Even people who have very little acquaintance with Buddhism will acknowledge that it is primarily a religion of non-violence rather than violence. And the reason for that is that it teaches a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'. That is, if you commit an act of violence against another person, there will be retribution against you for that act of violence either in this life or in subsequent lives.

So, then, the fundamental question about whether the monotheistic religions are violent or not comes down to the interpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection". If it interprets the "resurrection" as a doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave, that is a religion of violence. If it interprets the "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth', it is a religion of non-violence and Peace.

According to Marcus Borg of The Jesus Seminar, who wrote Jesus and Buddha--the Parallel Sayings, there is a high degree of similarity between the Teachings of Jesus and the teaching of the Buddha; something which he suggests is the consequence of a 'similarity in religious experience'.

And, to this, I would add that, in his reply to the Sadducees, Jesus was explaining, in figurative terms, the revelation of the memories of previous lives, which was also received by the Buddha; which, of course, must be understood in the context of the implication by Jesus that John the Baptist was Elijah 'raised from the dead'.

The implication of the Revelations in the Koran, then, is that Mohammed was both Elijah and John the Baptist 'raised from the dead' and that one of the fundamental reasons for the arrival of Mohammed was to correct the errors and lies of both the Jews and the Christians with regards to that one Doctrine.

The Pharisaical doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave is a pagan-Egyptian Satanic doctrine which turns upside down the Teaching of Jesus about the "resurrection". That doctrine lead to the deification of Jesus through the doctrine of "vicarious atonement", which was directly responsible for hundreds of years of Christian anti-Semitism culminating in the slaughter of millions of Jews during the Holocaust. ("Idolatry is worse than bloodshed", as stated in the Koran.)

And it is the lies by the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' about the Doctrine of "resurrection" which are pushing this civilization into the horrors of the coming "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel.

This Doctrine is so crucial to the future of human civilization that I have started a thread on "Resurrection" & 'Rebirth' for anyone who is interested in pursuing this subject.

Other than discussing the specific meaning of the Doctrine of "resurrection", the argument over whether Islam is a religion of violence or not can go on forever. And, interestingly enough, Mohammed even alludes to that in at least one of the Revelations in the Koran; something to the effect that 'the unbelievers will continue arguing about the "resurrection" until the Judgement overtakes them'.

So any further notes in this regard will be on the thread that I have started.

(And, now, back to your regularly scheduled program.)

Michael Cecil

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join