It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

Originally posted by noonebutme

Originally posted by skajkingdom
It is an IRREFUTABLE fact that Muhammad was sent as a mercy for the whole UNIVERSE

Nope. It isn't. It is not a "fact". It's conjecture and assumption.

Yes, it is a fact. When you prove the divine origin of a book, then anything that book says is a fact. And that book says: We have not sent you but as a mercy for the worlds.
Read other posts of mine for the proof.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by skajkingdom]

You must prove devine first. Dont ya think?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

The Quran repeatedly states there is one GOD, the Quran puts a huge importance on that message, and states believe in one GOD.

If we human beings were smart enough, we would have for once in our damn history give this a try. Give it a try, what have you got to loose?

Believe in one GOD, everyone of us, see what the out come is.

If we believe in GOD with such qualities, we will have a perfect system which will allow to finally have the previliage of using the Quran how it is suppose to be used.

Ultimately all those qualities, under one GOD leads to peace.

If anyone is willing to discuss this issue with me I'm deeply interested.

I agree with you completely!

But which God to choose? There are so many.

So I propose we create a new God and a
brand new Religion!

One Tenet: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No Prophets
No Disciples
No Churches
No Tithes
No Heaven
No Hell

Just lots of signs; in all government buildings, corporate offices, schools,
military war rooms, courtrooms, bathrooms, etc....

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU

And one prayer, short and sweet, right to the point...

THANK YOU GOD FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE
AMEN

Anybody wanna join my new religion?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Islam is undergoing the same sort of epiphany right now, but hasn't yet turned the corner for a large number. MOST have, but there is a very large minority

I see you have still not rid yourself of your Islamic sympathies. Islam is evil, by design. It is a thought-virus. There are no ifs, no buts, no epiphanys, no revolutions. Islam is growing and radicalizing each day. Talk of a violent "minority" is not dissimilar to Islamic propaganda. Clearly with such lingering sympathies it still has a hold on you.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Islam is undergoing the same sort of epiphany right now, but hasn't yet turned the corner for a large number. MOST have, but there is a very large minority

I see you have still not rid yourself of your Islamic sympathies. Islam is evil, by design. It is a thought-virus. There are no ifs, no buts, no epiphanys, no revolutions. Islam is growing and radicalizing each day. Talk of a violent "minority" is not dissimilar to Islamic propaganda. Clearly with such lingering sympathies it still has a hold on you.

O-M-G ! (or is it OMA?)

Now I've been called an "islam hater" AND a "muslim lover" all in the same thread!

This is a red-letter day! I'm gonna mark my calendar! You guys ought to start an "I hate neno" club. Oh, look.... I've provided both sides with common ground! We may have a breakthrough in peace yet!

Listen... I have a firm grasp on this argument, and I'm not willing to skew my opinion for anyone. BOTH of your sides are as polarized and one sided... and ultimately WRONG... as the other.

Have a nice day, and I won't be looking for an engraved invitation to the interfaith barbecue this year.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You're a funny guy. I'll give you that.

But from what I can discern of that last post, you say nothing of value.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunisherSupreme
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Oh I see, more insults from a man behind a mask - that's easy for you isn't it?

Again another pointless post without a shred of intellectual value.

Its seems you are trying to derail this thread.

Please present something from the Qur'an that contradicts the OP or keep your nonsense to your self.

Enough of this crap.

Here ya go .. .. .. "Chappy" ... .. ...

ANNOUNCE PAINFUL PUNISHMENT TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE (9:3)

O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred... (8:65)

Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve (8:55)

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...And the Jews say Ezra is the son of God; and the Christians say Christ is the son of God; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; Allah's curse be on them; how they are turned away!" (Koran 9:29-30)

And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah (8:39)

When the sacred months have passed away, THEN SLAY THE IDOLATERS WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM, AND TAKE THEM CAPTIVES AND BESIEGE THEM AND LIE IN WAIT FOR THEM IN EVERY AMBUSH, then if they repent and keep up prayer [become believers] and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them (9:5)

That good enough for you?

Oh - wait - I'm sorry - the OP says the Quran doesn't advocate "terror." Cute. Well, 1 point for you then, but it sure as to hell advocates violence.

"Religion of peace."

LOL

EDIT TO ADD:

Now, why don't you actually go pick up a Quran, like a few of us who went over to that crap they call a civilization did and actually look this stuff up? Or is that too hard for you? To see the contradiction to your argument sitting in the very piece of rubbish you defend?

And another thing I'm not now and will NEVER be frightened or forced into "accepting" ANY religion whatsoever - ever. Especially not such a backward and childish one as Islam. I will not have my voice stifled by anyone or any religion, either because I live in a FREE country which isn't ruled or regulated by a religion or religious counsel. So you can be damned sure that me and MANY like me will work to eradicate your filth from the Earth before you turn us or kill us because of your idiotic views on the universe.

I err to the side of science and proof - stuff I've seen and can see with my own eyes.

That doesn't involve a gang of smelly, undereducated bearded fools tearing into my house at night to kill me and my family because I don't follow their Crayon to the letter. If that's what it takes to be "shown the light" - thanks, but I've been working just fine in the dark.

Filth.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Since I see a name I trust, I'll ask.
Have I become crazed from reading conspiracy sights? Am I paranoid to suspect that all these confrontational and derisive posts purporting the peaceful nature of a faith are in fact designed to sway opinion in the other direction? Surely, the adherents of a peaceful faith would have mastered civil discourse?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Have I become crazed from reading conspiracy sights? Am I paranoid to suspect that all these confrontational and derisive posts purporting the peaceful nature of a faith are in fact designed to sway opinion in the other direction? Surely, the adherents of a peaceful faith would have mastered civil discourse?

You would think so, but I think the party line is currently "Convert or die." "Insult Muham-head" and die."

Something along those lines.

I doubt they could muster the intelligence to hold a peaceful discourse with anyone that isn't suppressing their women, killing each other in sadly barbaric ways and following the words of a 32 year old epileptic man who lived in a cave.

LOL

EDIT TO ADD:

Sorry for the recent rash of "LOL's" in my posts, but out of the religions of the world - this one is nearly up there with scientology for how ridiculous of a basis it's founded upon.

Also, as I stated earlier - if my post angers you - get some kleenex for your sniffles. Because I don't care, and if you want to try and come do something about it to me or anyone I know - I have some specially made rounds waiting for your head/chest areas when you show up.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You're a funny guy. I'll give you that.

But from what I can discern of that last post, you say nothing of value.

Depends entirely on what you place value on, I suppose.

The boiled-down gist of it is this: Your position, that all muslims are inherently evil, is every bit as one-sided, and blindly polarized, as the opposing opinion that muslims can do no wrong.

People are people. Ever group I've ever had a run-in with has their good, their bad, and their just plain ugly.

Now I'm just me, but I know what I know, and I've seen what I've seen. Because of that, here I stand watching both sides blindly rushing onward towards me.

And I'm not gonna budge.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Muslims for Peace launch New York Bus Ad campaign

source

Muslims for Peace are launching a powerful bus campaign in the streets of New York City. The ad, pictured to the left and in the slide-show below, serves several purposes.

see the source link for the picture mentioned - it is a very lovely ad!

First, it establishes without question that Islam and Muslims stand for peace. Any act of terrorism or compulsion in religion has no basis in Islam. The 4th Khalifa of Islam Ahmadiyya states in his landmark book, Murder in the Name of Allah,
"As far as Islam is concerned, it categorically rejects and condemns every form of terrorism. It does not provide any cover or justification for any act of violence, be it committed by an individual, a group or a government..... I most strongly condemn all acts and forms of terrorism because it is my deeply rooted belief that not only Islam but also no true religion, whatever its name, can sanction violence and bloodshed of innocent men, women and children in the name of God."

there is no reason for anyone to discriminate, or hate, or fear Islam or it's adherents!

time to open our eyes and our hearts!!!!
time to quit believing what the fear-mongers and war-makers would like us to believe!
time to quite equating extremism with the name(s) it hides behind!

whether it be Islam, Judaism, Christianity, or anything else, we should not make collective judgments based on what we're told.

why not liberate ourselves from bigotry on this, the U.S. day of Independence!!!

Admirable effort, OP, however I make my opinions based on the stuff I research - then and only then.

That's why I'm agnostic.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

that all muslims are inherently evil, is every bit as one-sided, and blindly polarized, as the opposing opinion that muslims can do no wrong.

It would be. But I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Perhaps you ought to use quotes, or do you just intend to distort my views? Certainly seems that way.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

One would think so. Furthermore, in light of their claim to some of the world's oldest civilizations, one would think they have this civilization thing down pat.

I've not seen any shining examples of that here.

What I HAVE seen is more of the derisive drivel that circumvents the actual discussion at hand. What I HAVE seen is more sterling examples of the "I'll KILL you if you don't tell me how peaceful I am!" variety. Not that specific statement, of course, but thought processes along those lines. More like the "Agree with me or begone to hell!" sort of thing.

You know, I recall the same sort of thinking during the 1979 revolution in Iran. Folks were actually ripping out their bathroom fixtures and smashing them on the sidewalks, because they saw them as "representative of western decadence". Then, I dunno, but I wouldn't want to look into the corners of their rooms after that...

Some of these folks are giving practical demonstrations in how to spite one's own face by cutting off one's own nose.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The problem with the PR is that when people hear, "We aren't terrorists!", they just focus on "We are terrorists!". When Islam is being discussed and the word terrorist comes up, regardless of context, it still places an image in people's minds.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

that all muslims are inherently evil, is every bit as one-sided, and blindly polarized, as the opposing opinion that muslims can do no wrong.

It would be. But I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Perhaps you ought to use quotes, or do you just intend to distort my views? Certainly seems that way.

Well, my reading comprehension may be lacking (a common diversionary accusation here at ATS, by the way. Poor form.... poor form...) or, and I believe this is more likely, your writing ability is lacking. Could be your short term memory, too, so I'll refresh it for you:

Any clearer for ya?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Please show me where I said that, "all muslims are inherently evil".

If you have trouble sourcing the statement, you are welcome to rescind your comment and apologize. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Please show me where I said that, "all muslims are inherently evil".

I submit that YOUR reading comprehension may be what is lacking, even when reading your own writing. I've already repeated it once, not gonna repeat it ad infinitum.

Maybe you fail to understand WHICH religion muslims adhere to?

If you have trouble sourcing the statement, you are welcome to rescind your comment and apologize. Thanks.

Not gonna happen, in this life OR the next. Remember, you are the one who attacked ME, with false charges of lingering brainwashing...

[edit on 2010/7/6 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

My reading comprehension is fine thanks Nenothtu. You are not the only one having difficulty finding "all muslims are inherently evil" in my post. I can't find it either.

It is an understandably embarassing situation for you, but I trust you will learn from this and keep your quotes accurate next time.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

My reading comprehension is fine thanks Nenothtu. You are not the only one having difficulty finding "all muslims are inherently evil" in my post. I can't find it either.

It is an understandably embarassing situation for you, but I trust you will learn from this and keep your quotes accurate next time.

Nope. Right there it is. Read it again, for comprehension this time. Not gonna play a game of "semantic circles" with you, It's right there, plain as day.

Have a nice day, and thanks for playing!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I must reiterate my concerns that something is fishy. That or ATS is rife with a specific brand of smug condescension.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Sorry Nenothtu. Still not finding "all muslims are inherently evil" in my post. I have looked several times, the only place it appears is in your post.

You now owe a personal apology for misrepresenting my views and wasting my time. I will assume you are dignified enough to be responsible for your own words and apologize for the error.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join