It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You just confirmed what I wrote above. You REFUSE to even watch the video, yet write drivel here.
And even call me "young one". I am 34 yrs old and a father of 3 kids. And for you I have no more words, except:
/ignore

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

You just confirmed what I wrote above. You REFUSE to even watch the video, yet write drivel here.
And even call me "young one". I am 34 yrs old and a father of 3 kids. And for you I have no more words, except:
/ignore

Well, Young One, my God is not a filmmaker, but I AM watching the vid your god made. Still haven't seen any "scientific proofs" that will inevitably demote your god from a deity down to a mere scientist, though.

And yes, at 34, you ARE a "Young One" to me.

Thanks for the "ignore" and for "foe-ing" me (BTW, that says "respected" foe - thanks!). It shows that I actually hit a nerve, and got to the heart of the matter. It demonstrates that you CAN NOT refute what I have said, so you will now run away.

Run along, Young One.

NEXT.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

/ignore

I think we should just tell him what he wants to hear like Islam is evil and all.

I can tell that this chappy is better left in the darkness of ignorance, hate and blindness. Unenlightened, and unintelligent hate mongers usually find comfort in such places.

He has already demonstrated his hate, ignorance and aggression and refusal to have a respectful discussion especially with insults like "Muhammad peaceful little cus" [which have passed Moderator censorship with flying colors and that comes as no surprise].

People need to earn their way to gain knowledge and enlightenment, and
it's clear that the entity under the pseudonym nenothtu deserves what he has earned.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunisherSupreme

I think we should just tell him what he wants to hear like Islam is evil and all.

I don't believe I've said "islam is evil" but I may have. Point it out to me, and I can correct that. I probably HAVE said that elements of it are violent and barbaric, going all the way back to Mohammed. Show that statement to be wrong.

I can tell that this chappy is better left in the darkness of ignorance, hate and blindness. Unenlightened, and unintelligent hate mongers usually find comfort in such places.

I'm not as "ignorant" as you presume. The fact that none of the "enlightened" have been able to counter a single thing I've said beyond personal attacks such as this is evidence of the fallacy of that. Neither am I blind or hateful, but you're welcome to think so if you like. It means nothing to me.

He has already demonstrated his hate, ignorance and aggression and refusal to have a respectful discussion especially with insults like "Muhammad peaceful little cus" [which have passed Moderator censorship with flying colors and that comes as no surprise].

Hate and ignorance... baseless charges of those on the run from the light. Demonstrate your allegations, please. Respect, on the other hand, is earned. That has not yet been the case here.

Why should my statement concerning Mohammed be censored? Where I live, there truly IS "no compulsion in religion". Just because you venerate the man is no reason that I have to. Censorship of religious opinion is one of the first hallmarks of tyranny, and a staple of islamic countries, not mine. I would worry more if that statement HAD been censored here.

Are you implying that to say Mohammed was peaceful is an insult?

People need to earn their way to gain knowledge and enlightenment, and
it's clear that the entity under the pseudonym nenothtu deserves what he has earned.

You're absolutely right, I DO deserve what I've earned. Knowledge and enlightenment are NOT earned nor sold, they are freely given and evaluated by the individual. Matter of fact, any knowledge I have to "earn" immediately casts suspicion on the purveyor thereof.

Thanks for the "Respected Foe" ranking, by the way. The same things I said above about that apply here.

I'm going to let fly a little tidbit of information I've never made public on ATS before, just in honor of this discussion. You'll immediately realize why I've kept it secret for so long. Once upon a time, a long time ago, I WAS a muslim. I left islam because of just such inconsistencies as these. It is contradictory, and did not match my observations in the real world.

I'm long past the two day limit to repent and return. Put that in your fatwa and fire it up.

So you see, I'm not as ignorant of islam as you would like to believe.

Edit: pesky grammar and spelling errors.

[edit on 2010/7/6 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

If you have to have a video, to prove to you that your "god" is real, to reinforce your faith.......

Then you have LOST your faith.........

Do not try to talk down to someone who is making perfect sense because it doesnt jive with what you believe.....

Faith-(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

your faith is weaker than your more traditional muslim counterparts, it would seem.........

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Youll soon find that throwing insults at posters like youre doing, will get you banned........thats number one.....

And if you have been reading the thread (like I have, because im so ignorant, what with my definition of faith and all) then you would be familiar with the "video" that has been talked about REPEATEDLY throughout this whole thing......

Take your catty insults somewhere else, they wont work on me friend.....

At any rate, my last post, tho brief.......is pretty direct, if youre having a hard time understanding it, then im sorry........

By the way, which part of my post directly insulted you? or the person i was replying to? care to copy and paste it?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You must of spent 20 mins conjuring that pathetic narcissistic nonsense and to be frank I have never seen so much drivel without a shred of intellectual value or substance related to this thread.

Please quote from the Qur'an what you find contradicts the OP. People have already tried that earlier and failed miserably.

I stand by my post and your response is reaffirms what I have claimed.

You have proven that you know Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada on the topic of Islam.

You harbour only your twisted little fantasy and that is what you have demonstrated for all to see.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't know what you are talking about.

What video?

Again another ignorant poster with no substance just insults.

The one posted by skajkingdom, which I am watching at the moment. So far, it's a guy playing numbers games trying to "prove" the "scientific validity" of the Qur'an to the faithless faithful.

"Scientific miracles" What an oxymoron THAT is!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Oh I see, more insults from a man behind a mask - that's easy for you isn't it?

Again another pointless post without a shred of intellectual value.

Its seems you are trying to derail this thread.

Please present something from the Qur'an that contradicts the OP or keep your nonsense to your self.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Listen Chappy,

Let me get this clear. You can now watch that video and many other as much as you want as long as you want.

I meant what I said when I said you don't deserve a meaningful conversation.

I'll add you to the ignore list as you have still not presented anything of intellectual value, just Twittering about what you are watch.

I'll let you dwell in the abyss of ignorance and hate. That is the path you have clearly chosen.

[Added to IGNORE].

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You must of spent 20 mins conjuring that pathetic narcissistic nonsense and to be frank I have never seen so much drivel without a shred of intellectual value or substance related to this thread.

Please quote from the Qur'an what you find contradicts the OP. People have already tried that earlier and failed miserably.

I stand by my post and your response is reaffirms what I have claimed.

You have proven that you know Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada on the topic of Islam.

You harbour only your twisted little fantasy and that is what you have demonstrated for all to see.

When you have anything of substance or value, something that actually addresses the points I've made, something that consists of other than personal insults (which, by the way, is demonstrative of your utter lack of ability to address a single thing I've said - and so you must go after the poster, rather than the post), then DO let me know. Until then, I'm afraid I must claim victory in this little debate.

Would you like me to include quotes from the Hadith as well as the Qur'an, or is the Hadith now off limits?

Careful how you reply, as it could get embarrassing. Either way.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Once AGAIN, since you are so fond of me providing more PROOF, that you say i havent argued against....why dont you provide me with quotes where i INSULTED anyone? Hypocrisy much?????

Oh and Islam as an advocate of PEACE.........ahh yes........but only after everyone has converted.......until then let the blood flow......just for you

And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah (8:39) When the sacred months have passed away, THEN SLAY THE IDOLATERS WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM, AND TAKE THEM CAPTIVES AND BESIEGE THEM AND LIE IN WAIT FOR THEM IN EVERY AMBUSH, then if they repent and keep up prayer [become believers] and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them (9:5) And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM (8:71)

FIGHT THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLAH, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, NOR FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF TRUTH, OUT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOK [Christians and Jews], until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and THEY ARE IN A STATE OF SUBJECTION. (9:29)

I WILL CAST TERROR INTO THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE. THEREFORE STRIKE OFF THEIR HEADS AND STRIKE OFF EVERY FINGERTIP OF THEM. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ACTED ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER; AND WHOEVER ACTS ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER - THEN SURELY ALLAH IS SEVERE IN REQUITING (EVIL). THIS - TASTE IT, AND (KNOW) THAT FOR THE UNBELIEVERS IS THE PUNISHMENT OF FIRE. O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve marching for war, then turn not your backs to them. And whoever shall turn his back to them on that day - unless he turn aside for the sake of fighting or withdraws to a company - then he, indeed, becomes deserving of Allah's wrath, and his abode is hell; and an evil destination shall it be. So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy) but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; (8:12-17)

Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)" (Hadith 4:52:196)

Sounds real peaceful to me

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Listen Chappy,

Let me get this clear. You can now watch that video and many other as much as you want as long as you want.

I meant what I said when I said you don't deserve a meaningful conversation.

I'll add you to the ignore list as you have still not presented anything of intellectual value, just Twittering about what you are watch.

I'll let you dwell in the abyss of ignorance and hate. That is the path you have clearly chosen.

[Added to IGNORE].

Thank you. It should get quiet... and SENSIBLE... around here now. I'll leave it to the readers to figure out on their own just who was presenting meaningful debate, and who was spouting drivel in personal attacks. I'll note once more, for the record, that you have failed, utterly and completely, to rebut even ONE of my points.

They can figure out from that just WHO has valid points that can't be countered.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
several centuries ago, Christianism was also a violent religion, after hundred years of "evolution", now it becomes a harmless religion.
maybe it will take another "several hundred years" for Islam to "evolution" itself to be a harmless religion.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
several centuries ago, Christianism was also a violent religion, after hundred years of "evolution", now it becomes a harmless religion.
maybe it will take another "several hundred years" for Islam to "evolution" itself to be a harmless religion.

Islam is undergoing the same sort of epiphany right now, but hasn't yet turned the corner for a large number. MOST have, but there is a very large minority who would as soon kill you as look at you if you're an infidel, an unbeliever, or an apostate, and sadly, the majority of the rest are still afraid of that minority.

That's because they are acutely aware of what that minority can and will do.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is why religion is the great folly of humankind.

None of you Christian, Muslim, Jew or other can prove beyond a doubt that yours is the right way. None of you. Christians had their bloody times - yeah, we all know about the Crusades, the Inquisition and the Witch Trials, but Islam is still going through their immature times as well. You can sit here and whine until you're blue in the face that Islam is a peaceful religion while they're stoning kids to death, subjugating their females, burning stuff down because of the perceived notion of a slight against their peaceful religion or cutting people's heads off, but that just makes you blind - or ignorant.

Religion is faith in the unknown based off of the words of man from long ago. Call it "divine inspiration" if that helps you sleep better at night but let me ask you this.

When was the last time someone answered your prayers?

Also, to the chap who showed the seminar on "mathematical miracles?" Yeah - I can also go through the New York times and make "prophecies" from the second letter of the first word of every sentence in there. Does that mean that Moses is hiding at the NY times and telling us stuff about the end times?

Finally, for you idgits clinging to the religion of peace line of crap:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

canadafreepress.com...

nowscape.com...

www.debate.org...

Pays to do something as simple as a google search before spouting more liberal apologist drivel.

Have fun defending something you didn't research.

Fools.

Oh yeah - and enjoy the "religious" fervor that comes with reading something PEOPLE wrote a couple thousand years ago based off of the words of a 32 year old epileptic "prophet."

EDIT TO ADD:

Before you diehards get on here with your Fatwah gibberish - I don't believe in that, so stuff it up your asses because I killed enough of your brothers in Iraq to know that your talk is useless... and well... your fighting too apparently.

Sheep.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
OK, I've finished the video.

Playing with numbers.

You are aware, aren't you, that this sort of numerology has also been used to "prove" the validity of the Bible, right? The SAME bible that muslims claim has been "tinkered with", and is no longer it's original version.

That's the same sort of thing the alleged "Bible Code" is based upon. The same thing has been used to "prove" that Moby Dick, by Herman Melville, is also divinely inspired.

I'm not going to start worshiping whales, though. Not even white whales.

You are also aware that Numerology is a form of witchcraft, right? Witchcraft is condemned by Islam, Christianity, AND Judaism, much to the consternation of wiccans. It seems unseemly to use numerology to "prove" divine inspiration of a text. Especially in a religion that condemns the very thing it's now claiming the support of.

In any even, numerology is decidedly NOT science, so my original assessment still stands.

[edit on 2010/7/6 by nenothtu]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join