It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

That is interesting and if it is a 5.25 in speaker it would not fit in a factory location in the top of the dash. Yes I do know a bit about car audio and the reason it would not fit is because of the factory air vents.Just removing the factory grill will not make enough room to fit. The 3.5in is there because of that minimal space.

As I said, you could use spacers, to fit larger speakers in. It's not that hard, can be a bit of a pain though. I had to use a spacer to fit some 6.5 inch JVC's into my girlfriends factory 4 inch, which required removing the factory grill.

Here is a guy who has done just that in his Jeep Wrangler.

I'm coming off a Focal Polyglass set that was good but never quite satisfied me. I have the dash adaptors that allow you to put 5.25s in the dash. The space is not sealed well, so that is a problem. I bought some CDT CLE-51s but am not happy with the sound vs. the Focals. I was running the Focals and tested the CDTs off of an alpine MRV-F340 amp (55Wx4@4ohm) using only channels one and two. I am not using the soundbar of the Jeep because I find having a speaker right behind my head annoying and it ruins the soundstage.

This is from a thread on a car audio site, asking what 5.25 inch speakers will give the best sound in his jeep wrangler, so it can't be that hard.

Edit to add quote

[edit on 5/7/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I see there are alot of examples of what this could be the only problem I see is none have been able to show the same shape as the pictured object.Yes there are some things that come close light wise but nobody has shown the shape. If there is someone who can show the lights and the shape at the same time on the glass please I would love to see it.

Also I would love to see it in the same general area as the pictured object.It shouldn't be that hard since you know what it is.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
[
There are probably thousands of normal everyday objects i could pick up, toss into the air, or place into the car to reflect off the screen that would approximate this image..does the fact that i can roughly duplicate an image, mean that the object in the image is contrived?

No.

But the fact that there are no secondary witnesses to a huge lighted "UFO" exiting or entering a massive storm cloud over a densely populated area does imply contrivance.

The cloud in itself would draw attention yet the only "witness" is someone inside a car taking shots through reflective glass?!!

Occam, fetch that razor!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Also I would love to see it in the same general area as the pictured object.It shouldn't be that hard since you know what it is.

Is this referring to me? If so, I have never stated that I know what it is. Just that the reasons people are ruling out certain explanations are flawed. It has the potential to be a speaker. If you ask me personally, I will say that I don't know, but my opinion is that it is most likely a reflection of something.

At the source of the image in the OP, they state "To me, I can see the rain drops on the windshield and the image on the other side of the drops, there is no reflection in the glass". The photo taken by Phage refutes that theory, leaving a reflection the more likely explanation in my opinion. Not saying I know what it is, just an opinion.

Edit to add:
Here is a better quality pic of the alleged UFO. I am having trouble figuring out exactly what angle the photo is taken, due to the ambiguity of the object in the top left corner, and lack of other references. I think it is the rear vision mirror, so the camera is pointing towards the driver side, from the passenger side of the vehicle, as opposed to looking more straight ahead, as I originally thought (although, this should have been obvious, given the postition of the road
). Kind of an odd position to take a picture if your driving, but I'm not sure what else it would be. This has led me to believe that the dash speaker location on the driver side is looking like a more likely explanation. I would go into my car to investigate possible angles, but it's stormy outside, and I really should be getting to bed (its past 2am here
).

[edit on 5/7/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
New member here and long time lurker.

This definitive proof has made me join today.

Its just hilarious how the skeptics can deny such irrefutable evidence of Alien presence here on Earth.

Brilliant picture, well done!

Disclosure is close my friends!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I was just getting ready to leave in my car but I wanted to take a picture of a palm tree. Then I saw the UFO. It had to be in the clouds because the raindrops are in front of it.

SLAM DUNK PHAGE!

Any conversation beyond your post is completely irrelevant/superfluous!

IRM

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

No that was for everyone in general not directed at any one person sorry I should have been clearer on that. This is from another poster that should be tried and if you can answer the challenge it would answer the question of what it could be. Check back on 13 or 14 and you will see the post from bspiracy that has a very valid argument for the post from phage please check it out.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
first reaction is "wow, great picture...seems real"
but then...

the OP states that the pic was taken with a cell phone 'while' driving a Jeep.

Does that picture have the right angle if it was taken from the drivers seat? To me it seems to be taken from the passengers seat, or through the back window.

so either she stopped the car, changed seats and took a picture, but then why didn't she get out of the car to take it where she had a better view?
or someone else sitting beside her took it, which is not what is said in the OP.

my two cents...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately this photo provides no evidence of a UFO.

The good news is that it does prove evidence of OIL RAINS !!!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You appear to be taking the whole "I want to Believe" to a whole new level.

Your belief is so strong, if there was picture of a Bottle cap on a string, you'd
still say it was a UFO.

Why are the lights NOT blury but every thing else is?

Why are 2 sets of Lights offset by a small amount?

Why would it be dressed up like a Xmas Tree on the Bottom?, And I never
did get why the upside chandelier thing on Close Encounters either.

Why is there only ONE picture?

Why , if this was real and so big, nobody else saw it?, except the person
in car with a camera ready and didn't even stop for a better look or picture.

It just seems more plausible to be what you don't want to believe than
what you want to believe it is.

There is no way I can Believe this is anything but a bunch of LEDS.

And....

Where it appears to form around the Ring, that's false as well
You can see edge of a Cloud extending past the Ring. And the Ring
just placed over where the cloud curves.

There is also a second ring very hard to see. Dead Center of Frame
3/4" down from the Top. Very faint but it also has a outer ring with another ring inside.

Must be an Invasion !!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

There is only one picture because maybe the space craft went "inter dimensional". Anything which does not exist on our plain is therefor invisible to the naked eye and any other instrument.

The trees are out of focus but because the spacecraft is so high it shows clearly!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

uh.. you can see the road in front so it has to be taken up front.

2nd, I've taken pics from my cell while driving and I usually lean a bit forward so as not to get the dash in the pic so I'm assuming she did the same while looking up to the left a bit..

While I can understand (at least the attempt at the train of thought) the LED angle, yours completely baffles me.

oh.. motion blur of the trees as well..
so again.. lets say you lean a tad bit forward to miss the dash, point up and snap a pick.. where on earth can the reflection come from?

The angel dictates a reflection has to be coming from the left and above the camera..
But no one seems to answer this problem.

edited to add, someone did post a "sound bar" made for jeeps that had my attention for a second, but the leds on it don't match the reflection in size nor number.

b

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I'm not arguing that the car wasn't moving, it is shot from a moving vehicle.
I am arguing that this picture is not taken from a drivers seat. Nothing to do with the dash, all to do with the side on the front widow on the left side of the picture and the position of the sunscreen.
Unless she took the picture on wild luck, holding the cellphone in the air to the right without looking at the screen, it is taken from the passengers seat, not the drivers seat

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I still lean towards it being a speaker, possibly right door speaker?

I suck at photo shopping
but I also thought that a couple of things were possibly reflected, though it is very blurry and could just be one of those, I looked at this darn thing TOO LONG

here's what I am getting at..

could it be a hand holding a steering wheel, the drivers' reflection? appears to be a woman, and quite possibly some kid in the passenger seat?

Don't mind my horrible shop skillz.. take a look, then go look at the original yourself and see if it is plausible, or I need to take a nap..

** and if there are any image experts that could adjust levels etc to try and draw that out, it would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There is only 1 photo because... the photographer didn't see any UFO!

The UFO object wasn't noticed until the film was developed.

I wish people would READ the OP before posting replies.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

I am arguing that this picture is not taken from a drivers seat.

How can you argue that?
You can see the both lanes of the road ahead.. if it were from the back you would see a seat, dash or a mirror.

b

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by GypsK

I am arguing that this picture is not taken from a drivers seat.

How can you argue that?
You can see the both lanes of the road ahead.. if it were from the back you would see a seat, dash or a mirror.

b

no
passenger seat
p a s s e n g e r s e a t

read my second post again,didn't say anything about back seat but p a s s e n g e r s e a t !

not talking about the road or the trees or the motion blur, just angle of the picture, side of the window etc etc... c my post, it's all there...

you know you cannot write a reply based on half a quoted sentence, sometimes the whole post makes a lot more sense

[edit on 5/7/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
There is only 1 photo because... the photographer didn't see any UFO!

In the UK people have to prove they have reasonable eyesight before they are granted a driving license!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

KK recommends JackatMnt take a very long nap and possibly increase his meds)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join