It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I want to say you are correct in the theory of LEDs. It could be something on the dashboard, and thats my theory.

This picture is impossible to clearly debunk though, but then again, its hard to prove anything more than being a "UFO"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Thats the reason hoaxers make me so angry, they make it hard to tell whats real and whats not

And now you have discovered the No.1 reason FOR the majority of the hoaxes don't you!
That one sentence explains it perfectly doesn't it..'Makes it hard to tell what's real and what's not...think about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I want to say you are correct in the theory of LEDs.

Oh really?

Have you evidence to back up this statement?

I'd be interested to see it...unless it's another pathetic attempt to approximate the UFO's image by reflecting a torch onto the windscreen, if so, you can keep it.

I can throw a frisbee into the air at an angle, take a snap and claim this is the UFO. It will be oval, dark and apparently flying in the sky...would you also say that i would be correct, and that it was a frisbee after all?

If not, why not...they would look similar.

There are probably thousands of normal everyday objects i could pick up, toss into the air, or place into the car to reflect off the screen that would approximate this image..does the fact that i can roughly duplicate an image, mean that the object in the image is contrived?

No, it doesn't..it just means i have realized that i can roughly approximate the appearance of a UFO image with mundane objects, nothing else.

Frankly, i would have expected a more scientific explanation from the 'almost holy' Phage or his/her followers, but then i have suspected 'Phage' is not the 'actual' Phage for several months now. Little things, like prose and turn of phrase, and different humour levels, depth of answer - this current reply being an example, cause me to be suspicious. Perhaps the 'original' has passed on the reigns to a son or daughter to run with, who knows, but i smell a rat.

There's a conspiracy there in itself.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It is definetly on the windshield. It isn't blurred like the trees in the photo. As for the shape it could be an oil droplet. upon impacting the windshield the droplet would break up but not like a water droplet due to the surface tension that oil has. also the wind would ble affecting its movement on the windshield which is curved. this would create a movement along a curved pathwhich would make it oval. As to another conspiracy does she live near the gulf?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
our New Great full Anthem for Hoaxes ! by The Faking hoaxer

14 pages wow !

www.inprocarwear.com...

let see A LED flashlight ?, could be LED speakers could be Ufo nah no blurr that goes along with the motion program ! is it a space Critter nah

Rule of thumb never make judgment inside the glass!

could it be the rear view ? motion blur seems that it is a possible reflection bounce

ohh and the Two Speaker Sound Bar - L.E.D. Lights - 1987-02 ( Enjoy )
Please look at Link Below !

Source

www.alpinejeep.com...

details details

what is the make & model of the jeep? is it the rear ,front, side window

yeah i have a 97 jeep a Laredo im not a jeep interior expert

look like led lights of some sort tho

maybe like this but inside maybe not red tho ?

I would be convinced if it wasn't inside a Vehicle

Stadium lights 2 UFos in Sarasota

www.skyscan.org...

You think it could be one of these UFO ! man made! but just think !
a Silent Black Helicopter! with a attached Fake UFO just check out the 1.40 mark ! WOW! I want one with Close Counters of the 3rd kinds Horns ! and LIGHTS

Olympics Games Los Angeles 1984 Closing Ceremony

Edited for Stinking Crammer i Mean Grammar LOL Tired
ok looks like i need some sleep

ohh i forgot this was taken in Malone NY a couple towns away from me !

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

I still claim its a 2+ speaker Sound bar with lights tho

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

PEOPLE!! I keep seeing this thought from many of you.

IF the object is in the clouds, it would NOT BE BLURRED!! The clouds are too far away to be distorted by motion blur. The stuff right next to the Jeep would blur, like the road and trees, but only because they are close by and the Jeep is whizzing past them.

Those clouds are probably a thousand feet up! That's way far enough away for the camera NOT to end up blurring them.

Sorry for my irritation. I have explained this once already, and so have several other members, yet we keep seeing people thinking this way.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DamaSan]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

You can't let facts get in the way of a good (read bad) story.

Because the results can't be replicated EXACTLY like the original, there remains a fraction of a billionth of a decimal point of a chance that it probably, might, maybe, possibly be an unidentified flying object of earthly or un-earthly origin.

For some, that's enough.

[edit on 5/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan
"IF the object is in the clouds, it would NOT BE BLURRED!! The clouds are too far away to be distorted by motion blur. The stuff right next to the Jeep would blur, like the road and trees, but only because they are close by and the Jeep is whizzing past them.

Those clouds are probably a thousand feet up! That's way far enough away for the camera NOT to end up blurring them.

Sorry for my irritation. I have explained this once already, and so have several other members, yet we keep seeing people thinking this way."

It would be blurred just not to the degree that the trees are blurred. The farther away you go from the point of photo the less blurred it would be

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree that this pic/story smells like a hoax... but regardless, people should realize that the farther an object is from your moving camera, the less it will blur. The closer an object is, the more it will blur.

Originally posted by jlafleur02
It would be blurred just not to the degree that the trees are blurred. The farther away you go from the point of photo the less blurred it would be

While you're mostly right, an object in the neighborhood of 1,000ft away wouldn't get much of a noticeable blur.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DamaSan]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

This happens all too often round here I'm afraid.

Look at this recent thread as an example:

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

18 Pages of "It's a bird or bug" and "No it's not, it's going too fast"

Many just don't seem to understand the concept of perspective.

Hence THIS thread was born.

Still doesn't help though.

[edit on 5/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Believe me, buddy... I know. I had thousands of posts and many many threads in a... "previous life"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
CHALLENGE

Anyone look out their window at the same 30 or so degree angle and take a picture with a reflection of an object that high on the window at the upper top left.

Then say where in the heck it could possibly be mounted within said vehicle.

Only place I can see is the very top left of the vehicle or outside the vehicle.
---
it's obvious the photo was taken while she was driving and it's also obvious the shot is up and to the left.
ANYTHING.. it can be a picture of the Sunday funnys
.. just show me where it could be mounted in a vehicle to get a high top left reflection like that while looking out at that angle...
sheesh. so much talk but no real proof that it can be debunked.

I went and tried and couldn't do it..

Phage is sort of close but his camera flash showed he was looking straight on so the light must have been somewhere near his shoulders.. that is NOT an answer to the situation.

b

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Are you partially sighted?

You don't see the two equidistant rows of equally spaced white dots, 8 in each row?

How does this tie in with your...err...hypothesis?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Them be URO's
unidentified reflected objects.

But seriously, it does look interesting, but also looks very close to the camera.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Again, I'm not saying the OP's photo is an alien or whatever craft, but now it's reminding me of this video..

Forward to the 2:00 mark.

If the above vid has been debunked, please point me to it so I can get over this being one of my favs.

b

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kodiak60
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Look on the outer edges you can see trails like its moving away from the car.

Seriously, I don't see whatever it is you are implying. I see the usual variation in cloud formation, which just so happens to be a similiar shade as the exterior ring of the 'object'. I see a smudge on the windscreen directly to the left of the 'object', which is semi-transparent. I think this because you can see a streak in the cloud, which passes into the 'smudge', but is still visible.

I apologise in advance for the horrible photoshop skills, but I took some screenshots and have added different colour lines to explain what I'm talking about.

The green line represents the 'smudge', the yellow line the streak of the cloud, and the blue arcs represent a portion of what I believe is the exterior of the reflected object. Rough I know, and the screenshots aren't exactly clear, but look at the OP image for a better idea.

Is this what you are referring to as the wake? Do you really thik a massive object in the cloud would leave a squiggly line in the clouds if it was travelling at high speeds? This would mean making a series of assumptions, which don't seem to fit, to hell with Occam's razor. The mind see's what it wants to see, I guess.
You could post a picture yourself, if I have gotten your descriptions wrong.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
or i could be just be a reflection but we will need a near perfect example without the flash glare & the mist around the object/reflection. infact im pretty certain 95%, no car speaker manufacturer is ever going to put LED lights woven into the cone it would effect the sound quality im pretty sure car speaker is out of the question, we should be looking at other car LED displays.

If you think this, then you are clearly unfamiliar with car audio. Have you heard of "co-axial" speakers? These are the most common type of aftermarket speakers, as they contain a tweeter mounted in the middle of a larger cone, making it compact. Myself, I prefer "component" speakers, with a completely seperate tweeter, as they have better power handling, and usually incorporate better crossovers for more accurate sound production. You can also mount the tweeter higher for better sound presentation. I've got a pair of infinity 6.5 inch components, and they rock.

I have found a very similiar speaker design, although it uses two rings of 6 lights as opposed to 8. But it shows a remarkable similiarity. It's not exactly the same, but shows that a led speaker is a definite possibility. Find it here. You may have to enlarge the pic, as it's small. It's not very clear, but you can clearly see the two rings of 6 LED's. This particular model is 5.25 inch, and could fit in a lot of factory locations, possibly with a spacer. This could mean removing any factory grill to allow it to fit (and of course, to show off those LED's
), giving it a clear view.

I'm not saying the reflection is definitely a speaker, but it is a distinct possibility, along with any of the many aftermarket LED devices.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If this UFO is a reflection like everyone says it is then why are the clouds curving around it?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Looking at the pic it looks pretty cool

but there are two things that are stopping me from deciding whether its something in the sky or a reflection

1: point in favour of reflection: the angle of the thing... if its an object flying outside the car its either a weird shape or flying at a very strange angle. It appears to be tilted 45deg or more ... this makes me think its a reflection of something in the car on the dashboard or on the passengers seat.

2: point in favour of actual object: the lights (assuming they wernt PS in (i couldnt tell either way tbh)) seem very small as if they were far away... if theyre LED's theyre very very small ones :S or its an object in the backseat of the car/jeep ... if it was a reflection of LED's id expect the lights to be at least twice the size they are.

the most confusing thing for me is what part of the windshield were actually looking at i just cant figure it. Is that thing on the left of the pic the rear view mirror?

~TR~

ps: the motion blur people are just being silly

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

That is interesting and if it is a 5.25 in speaker it would not fit in a factory location in the top of the dash. Yes I do know a bit about car audio and the reason it would not fit is because of the factory air vents.Just removing the factory grill will not make enough room to fit. The 3.5in is there because of that minimal space. Now that air bags are on the passenger side that will take up even more space to fit a larger speaker in.If this jeep is a model like a Wrangler then you do not have any space at all. That is one main reason there are larger door speakers with the smaller tweeter in the dash there is minimal room fir a larger speaker.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I must ask you something. You have a few pics that just could not give that type of reflection.
1. Speaker bar - how would that put a reflection onto the glass wether it was the front or back glass there is no way it would reflect in that position on the glass.
2.the tail lights how would you get those to reflect the angle shown.Even if a car was in front of the person taking the picture the angle would not be achieved.
Also how do you explain thae difference in shape neither example would achieve the shape that is shown in the picture. There are many examples of what it might be the only problem is that none have shown the relative shape of the object in the pic. They all show them as round and none have shown them as oblong.

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join