It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

i doubt an advanced civilization would position lights on its space craft at varying distances from each other...the 3 light in the bottom left hand corner are differently spaced...i dont know what it is but i very much doubt its a spaceship..

[edit on 5-7-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread has made it to 13 pages! As clearly illustrated by Phage, this is nothing more than the reflection of a speaker on the windshield.

Some people would rather believe in fantasy than find out the truth.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm still going with coffee cup/mug but here are some other things to throw in the mix..

fuzzcraft.com...

forums.maxima.org...

www.8thcivic.com...

www.superichmotors.com...
www2.dealextreme.com...

media.photobucket.com...

ringled.eu...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Look on the outer edges you can see trails like its moving away from the car.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

How can the reflection of a speaker be imbedded in the cloud,a mist is covering the bottom of the craft.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i think it may be a led lit frisbee. something like this perhaps?
tealco.net...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Phages example is clear nothing covering it plus theres no halo around his example.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by SeenMyShare

This was taken by a woman that was on her way to work and she took the picture with her cell phone. She probably didn't stop and get out as it looks like it was about to rain and she probably did not want to be late to work. Please tell me how you know these are bolt holes exactly.

Love all the excuses you give there LETS see you have the chance to photgraph a UFO but its raining and I am late for work tell you what I will just wait for the NEXT ONE!

No blurring I thinks its a greasy mark on the outside of the screen thats dispersed the water aroung it or a reflection of something in the car.

Having the exif data would be good but of course we dont seem to be able to get that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Looks like there was a suction cup there from a stick on mirror or gps unit and then it rained and therefore condesation occured all funny.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Correction it's nothing but a water droplet that hit the window and splattered into pieces on the window with the background being black and the glow seems circular but if you look closely it seems like that cloud is lower compared to the others and the sunlight is trying to seep threw which gives it that nasty greenish dark glow.

The picture is legit. The image dosen't contain a flying saucer or aliens. It just contains a photo of clouds with a water droplet that was big and splattered on the window. Just making the clouds doing the things at the right time to make that glow seem circular.

those things that seems to be the saucer lights below are the water droplets on the window and that circular glow is nothing but that cloud being lower or higher allowing the sunlight to bleed threw the edges of the cloud and since it's raining and the clouds are saturated the light going threw the water droplets are giving off that dark dirty green glow and the light happens to look as if it's circular.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Case closed.
Its aliens coming to harvest our cows.
Yes I meant cattle.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I'm just confused about the lights in the middle of the object.

I'm assuming that the ghosting/offset image of the lights is due to motion blur but even that doesnt' make sense.

The motion blur should be relative to the motion of the vehicle (away from the direction the vehicle is traveling).

Unless, of coarse, the object is moving pretty fast in a completely different direction.

Either the image is legit and the ghosting image of the inner lights is due to movement of the object or it is a hoax and the person editing the image thought of putting it in for realism factor?

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
I can't believe this thread has made it to 13 pages! As clearly illustrated by Phage, this is nothing more than the reflection of a speaker on the windshield.

Some people would rather believe in fantasy than find out the truth.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan]

Or they would like to see a definitive answer.

While Phage did a good job at simulating what was in the original photo, here are some issues.

1: his angle is straight on because he's holding the light up in a way to finally get the shot he wanted. --- the op is at an angle which defies the speaker theory IMO because of the proximity of the window and the angle of the so called reflection..

2: his lights look like a flashlight and I can probably get the measurement of his flash light from the reflection and the size of the LEDs.. the OP is MUCH bigger than Phage's if it's a reflection which begs the question, what kind of speaker, where could it fit etc.. this has not been answered.

---

I'm all for a mundane answer but nothing shown thus far is remotely a match. If by including leds in a circle is a match to you then that's not an investigative answer.

While I would hope that this were some cool spaceship, I do think it's mundane but not the speaker theory. Some others seem to be getting closer to the answer though.

b

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Reflection of one of the the cars speakers off the window. This isn't rocket science, just common sense.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by minute2midnight]

You Sir, are funny. I do not know what it is in the OP's post but your debunking career just took a major setback. Cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

The more I look at this the more it screams out FAKE

And nobody queried what those 2 pot marks are, I've never seen
clouds that looked like it's been poked with something from the bottom
of the cloud. Or are these just holes in someones car seat.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The other issue I have with the reflection issue is the ANGLE of the shot to begin with.

The OP is looking out the window at about 30 degrees. That would put the speaker outside of the car to be able to reflect back towards the camera. Unlike Page's photo which is more centered.

Question/Request for Phage, could you repeat the experiment with the same angle as the OP while trying to get the reflection to the far top left? I'm assuming you have one of those $5 lights you get at a convenience store.

My bet is to get a similar angle with the reflection in the top left you have to put your arm out the window or in a position where no speaker could possibly be mounted.

b

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I was just getting ready to leave in my car but I wanted to take a picture of a palm tree. Then I saw the UFO. It had to be in the clouds because the raindrops are in front of it.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

Awesome pic of a LED flashlight

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix10pa

it would have more awesomer if you would have used flat batteries.
it wouldn't have the bright glow bands around the leds, and look softer.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The person who took the picture claimed to be traveling 55 MPH. If you look at the houses, and objects in the picture, you can see a motion blur. However, the "UFO" doesn't have motion blur.

This to me shows that the "UFO" is just a reflection on the window, moving with the car.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You're joking aren't you?!

A perfectly shaped oval at canted angle, darker colour than the surrounding clouds, with perfectly symmetrical patterns of dots (lights), the first an oval of 8 dots, that's ringed around the darker oval in an equidistant pattern around the edge of the dark oval, then an inner ring of 8 dots (lights), again spaced an even distance from the first ring, towards the center of the dark oval...

You have to be either blind or desperate to make this a non event in the minds of readers.

I don't know if this is a genuine picture of a UFO or whether it is a fake UFO superimposed on the storm cloud picture, but one thing is for certain...this IS an image of a UFO craft...how you could sit there and say you think it's just a storm cloud or whatever is amazing to me.

If you are not being deliberately obtuse, you want to get yourself down to the opticians matey, and fast.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by spikey]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join