It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why is it always one photo?

Why doesn't the person take multiples, roll down the window, zoom in, etc.....

If it were me I would have kept taking photos till my batteries gave up.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
To the people saying it must be a 6x9 if its a speaker because it's elliptical

Take any circular object (cd, mug, plate,) and look at it in a mirror. If you are holding it at any angle other than perfectly parallel to the mirror, what shape does it appear as??

An ellipse!

That kind of debunking is almost as bad as saying "the raindrops are in front of it though! so it can't be a reflection". So much for deny ignorance.
This to me looks clearly like a reflection. Especially after a few posters have reproduced remarkably similiar photos. Not as exciting as an alien craft, but a likely explation none the less.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Can you recreat the image without the flash???

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Why has the object much less motion blur then the rest of the picture? Was it 55 miles fast?

If the object is as high as the clouds there would be no motion blur, the clouds are not blurred. the higher up the object it would seem to move with you as you ride.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kodiak60
reply to post by Phage

all jets plains make the same wake, your smart guy phage but your wrong this time sorry.

Doesn't look like a "wake" to me. Just a blurry reflection on the windscreen. Are you reffering to the contrails left behind from an aircrafts engines? That is something completely different to a wake or disturbance left in the cloud by an object moving. Unless, you assume that the "UFO" is powered by turbofan engines

Although if I was making assumptions like this, I wouldn't go calling other people wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Its nothing but the mark left on the glass from a simple GPS suction cap mount. They can be hard to see, and sometimes appear in photos even after they have been wiped off.

CASE CLOSED.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

There are actually 2 complete sets of Lights, the distance being
the thinkness of the Window with refraction. And that Kinda Indicates
the UFO was inside the Car.

So the UFO is probably a USB Webcam with surrounding LEDS.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Could be. But what would really help close the case is an image of the marks rather than the mount.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Who puts a GPS mount at the top left corner of a windshield? Even your example is in the middle where it is best viewed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Actually, changed my mind.

It's a 16 LED torch.
Can't find the exact match with 8 Inner and 8 Outer Leds, Never the less

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I personally just can't ever understand why anyone would want to waste all the time and effort and lie for attention by photoshopping and making a big deal about something that they know is not real that they're putting out. I guess just to feel better about themselves..

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Brad Jones]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Not a bad assumption , really but I dont think so. And the more I think about a reflection from a lit-up speaker , the sillier that sounds
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fec95016d50a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

It's a 16 LED torch.

"never the less" is precisely the problem. We cannot put this to bed until someone posts an image of the exact car accessory that produced the mark/reflection. Until then it's speculation/logical guess. But not debunked.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

It's a 16 LED torch.

"never the less" is precisely the problem. We cannot put this to bed until someone posts an image of the exact car accessory that produced the mark/reflection. Until then it's speculation/logical guess. But not debunked.

AND without the flash glare.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kodiak60
You can clearly see this object is pushing through the coulds you can see a ring around the craft destorting the clouds around it. Great picture great find. Best ufo picture ive seen 100% prof. Don,t let these government debunkers bother you its there job to discredit everthing.

lol
first time I've ever been called a gov debunker.
actually I find it quite amusing as normally I
am the one who is saying it to someone else.
hahahaha

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

It's a 16 LED torch.

AND without the flash glare.

No Frash, Dying Batteries, Almost dead.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It's a 16 LED torch.

There are as many types of LED Torches as their are people in China.
The chance of Finding the exact one, are next to Buckleys.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally

Well , either this is 100% a hoax or its real.

no # sherlock. that has got to be one of the most astute observations ive ever been privy to. thanks for the clarification, i'll sleep better now

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
it's either a reflection from the inside of the car, or photoshopped...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The picture was taken in Malone, a very small city in Franklin County, NY, which is wayyyy north. I'm pretty familiar with the area as I grew up in Bangor, a town on the very outskirts of Malone. I lived in the area of Franklin County for 7 years and I can recount seeing many, many strange things in the sky, particularly over the St. Lawrence River and Lake Champlain. I'm not surprised by this photograph, namely because of the vicinity of NY it was taken in. Malone really is in the backwoods of NY. Like I previously stated, this picture comes as no surprise knowing the area of NY it was spotted in. The only explanation I could ever come up with, in regard to lights/objects seen in the sky there, was the Plattsburgh Air Force Base, which was closed during the mid-90's under Clintons administration. Subsequently, the sightings died down after its closing. I wouldn't pass this off as a hoax just yet.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join