It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri is Way Ahead of Arizona‏

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

getreadyalready, I just read your thread. WOW, That is Great

Missouri, What a Great State, I'm glad your state hasn't been threaten with a law suite yet by Obama team.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Virginia trying to steal the spotlight!!

The Missouri lawmakers need to stand up and call out the Fed as well. Arizona needs to be lobbying these other states with stricter laws. They need to be asking why nobody else was named in this lawsuit?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Missouri, has had their law in effect sense 2005, but a different POTUS and head of the Department of Justice.

Also has a side note, and don't get me wrong my friend, but it has been reported that the peoples of New York state donated more monies to Arizona's law suit fund than any other state.
Thank You New York.

But Please Missouri, don't miss understand me here, I know the vast majority of your citizens support us here in Arizona.
Thank YOU

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is another interesting article that tells a bit more about Missouri's attempt to curb illegal immigration.
Missouri and Arizona Illegal Immigration Laws

While it's not as big a problem here in Missouri (I live in Missouri as well) as it is in border states, it still is certainly a growing problem. Even in rural areas, especially with meat-packing plants and other large farming/agricultural facilities, there is a huge influx of illegal immigrants. Often you can tell they are likely illegal because they walk everywhere--no driver's licenses for illegals which is part of the law. There have been several local raids on businesses known to employ illegals and the illegals are taken away swiftly. We might not border Mexico, but still even in the Midwest we are seeing illegal immigration problems for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well this certainly gives me a better feeling about my state. It seems funny though that I read MO is going to implement a law similar to AZ when they are already doing pretty much everything except deporting from the looks of things.

Maybe they will be getting a bit stricter with the laws already in place. So much has been posted about AZ and other states here that after a time it all runs together. But I read the article here about MO being one to implement a law similar to AZ.

Either way I support laws to hinder illegals.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I think I read that somewhere also? You know how lawmakers are, why enforce or tweak a good law when you can spend 1000 pages writing a brand new one!

I wonder what the states will do if the Fed refuses to deport these people? It would be a breach of contract in my opinion, and the states can't spend sheriffs or state police driving these folks back across the border. So the laws are great, but what happens when they get no support to enforce them?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I guess the state National Guard could be used to transport illegals back home. That would have to be put into budgeting but surely could not be more costly than illegals are costing ATM.

On the other hand, maybe we can just ship them all to DC and let the federal government deal with them then. Imagine what would get done if we just dropped all the illegals into DC for them.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

On the other hand, maybe we can just ship them all to DC and let the federal government deal with them then. Imagine what would get done if we just dropped all the illegals into DC for them.

Raist

Now that is a great plan, and the states already have contracts with Greyhound, because they ship all their prisoners home that way.

Imagine, all the illegals being detained for a few days or a week until they get a busful, and then sending that bus to DC! With 50 states doing this, I think DC would get the picture pretty quickly!! Some states like AZ, NM, TX, FL, and Cali could probably do a busload per hour!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Interesting, I did not know about the Greyhound thing. That sounds like it could work. Of course, some would make their way out of DC in a short time but they could be taken back.

I agree some could fill a bus per hour.

Raist

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Rolla has alot of illegals. They mostly work for Mexican restaurants or as dishwashers at local homegrown businesses.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'n no longer in Missouri but I grew up in St. Louis. I do miss the rolling hills and Dogwood and redbud and apple trees.
Go Missouri!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm no longer there either. Tallahassee, FL now. I grew up on Joplin, so last year's tornado wiped out a big part of my old memories, including the first house I ever bought and lived in.

I miss the Dogwoods too! And the snowdays! I don't miss the cold though.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry about the tornado. I had the opportunity to go and volunteer with the cleanup. It was very shocking for me.. I've never seen devastion on that level. I feel horrible for all who survived it and lost loved ones.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RollaFarmBoy29

Thanks for the cleanup help. I am 1000 miles away, and I didn't get to see the damage upclose until about 4 months after the fact, and it is still unbelievable. Only one person close to my family was killed, but several lost their homes, and several others had the misfortune of finding bodies in the rubble.

Thanks again for your concern, and for your help!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I was happy to do it. I only got to go for one day, but it was rewarding. I went with a local church that took busloads of people. My group got to help clean up for an elderly couple. So many volunteers were driving around passing out food and drink, and even children helped. Halfway through our day, we got to drive around looking at the main part of the damage. The St. John's hospital looked like a bomb hit it, and cars were flipped upside down. Houses were like haystacks. Toward the end of our day, we got to help out at a church that served as a storage facility for everything from food and 24-pack cases of water, to toys and other donated items. We also setup canopy tents on the outside lawn. My favorite part of the day was at the church, when we all formed an assembly line leading outside, to load cases of water into a truck. We were lucky to have had plenty of cloud cover because it was during a heat wave. Joplin is a strong community. I think Joplin could survive anything.

edit on 27-12-2011 by RollaFarmBoy29 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by RollaFarmBoy29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RollaFarmBoy29

This was in the first week of June.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I was born and raised in Springfield and the surrounding areas. I grew up fishing the James River, Table Rock, Paris Springs past old 66, and Roaring River. Missouri pride!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

I love the Ozarks! I'm from Phelps county.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

Roaring River, Table Rock Lake, Grand Lake, Spring River, those are all my old stomping grounds! That is a beautiful area of the country, from Sprindale, Arkansas to Nevada, Missouri, and from Cherryvale, Kansas over to Rolla, Missouri. All beautiful land, streams, great canoeing, great hunting. You experience everything from 110 degree heat, to sub-zero ice storms. From Snow to Tornadoes. Bailing Hay and fighting over girls was a summertime hobby where I grew up! I met some of my best friends both ways, LOL!

The 4-state Area is a great place to live. That is the true "Heartland" of this Nation if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join