It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have all Christians been duped? Evidence here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
In my opinion, Christ was crucified because the Jews wanted him killed.

Not the 'jews' but the bankers/moneychangers that he threw out of the temple.

Moneychangers/bankers/wallstreet type tricksters have been around for thousands of years and they will kill anyone who tries to stop their way of life. Jesus, Lincoln, JFK the list goes on.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I haven't personally read this text, no. Please put it in a nutshell for me from your perspective.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is said "Doctor, heal yourself", and both Christians following the Bible as is and others believing and speculating or theorising over other solutions to the Christ stories should agree on this, that it was God (who is love) who saved whoever was nailed to the cross. I have explained over and over how everyone in this scenarios surrounding the crucifiction (including a couple of common criminals, were all saved by love. If you can believe it, the soldiers broke pieces of wood when atleast one criminal was saved by love (as far as I can see there was only one criminal, or supposed criminal who was present here), and healing another suffering from a severed lung by piercing the thorax, and one criminal was set free. Everything here is love, but will the gross Christian population ever even show the will or guts to believe and act on it (well except our Iscarioth, that is). We were all fleeing the certain death back then, and what good is a dead Christ? Wouldn't it be better if he was set free and other servants were put in as doubles, criminals, samaritans you name it, while Jesjuah our king and god was working in the shadows behind the scenes working it all out to save a whole bunch of people. A dead Jesjuah is a useless Jesjuah. No magic involved, just unconditional love.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Not the 'jews' but the bankers/moneychangers that he threw out of the temple.

Eeek! I just knew someone would pick up on that line, but, I didn't want to confuse my post before by adding:

It was my understanding Jews (who were the majority, if not all the money lenders and bankers at the time) wanted Christ dead. In spite of their laws against killing, and because of them, the Jews could not kill Christ directly, so, 'they' went to Herod, who, though he wasn't a Jew was still the ruler of a Jewish region, and being pro-Roman, went to the Romans to get Christ crucified.....

*hew! Glad that's over! *Wipes brow*...

Moneychangers/bankers/wallstreet type tricksters have been around for thousands of years and they will kill anyone who tries to stop their way of life. Jesus, Lincoln, JFK the list goes on.

But I agree with you anyway 100% and I'm glad you added the point!

peace

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
In my opinion, Christ was crucified because the Jews wanted him killed.
Even at his birth, Herod, though not a Jew himself, tried at killing the 'child king' by systematically slaughtering all the first born at the time.

I thought Herod was a Jewish client King for Roman interests in Judea, as was his father before him .

Perhaps i`m off base on this one .

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
I haven't personally read this text, no. Please put it in a nutshell for me from your perspective.

I don't feel like putting the apocrypha in a nutshell really works. It's the same as putting the bible in a nutshell. You can say, "this guy was born, his mom was a human, his dad a deity... he built houses and stuff... then like, he cured some blind guy, then someone killed him. But he didn't actually die. He sort of did, just not entirely. Cuz they put him in this cave thing and sealed it, but he pulled a houdini and got out some how."

It just doesn't entirely cover the vast material in the apocrypha. But one thing is for certain, the earth's electro-magnetic field was never mentioned in the bible or apocrypha, because they didn't know of its existence, just like the omission of bacteria and dinosaurs.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I heard recently that at the time of Christ's crucifixion, the symbolic crucifixion method was rarely used. It was much more likely that he was suspended on the side of a pole. I will try and find the article. It's by a religious archaeologist, so it surprised him too.

To add linky poos;

www.huliq.com...
www.thelocal.se...

There you go, it says 'may' and obviously everything should be taken with some salt, but hey who knows I certainly have never spoke to Jesus. Lets hope he is personified once again, and sets up an ole ATS account.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Apocrypha is not the source of the portion of my post you have chosen to quote and use as proof of my illiteracy, hard science is. What is your point of view by the way?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I am sorry, but eventhough your reply is a good one it is completely irrellevant to this thread. Check if your source is JW. They all believe he was nailed to a pole, since they mean the cross is the Mark of the Beast.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Thank you for your somewhat less critical response. The Apocrypha wasn't the source for for the reference to the earth's electromagnetic field, hard science is. It's worth reading up on. Many blessings.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The Apocrypha is not the source of the portion of my post you have chosen to quote and use as proof of my illiteracy, hard science is. What is your point of view by the way?

I don't believe that a god exists, and I don't believe that Jesus ever existed. People say all the time, "oh Jesus existed, there are lots of records of him." Uh... no, there are not. The bible, and thats about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rougeskut

I agree, religion is what imprisons with fear, thank you!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

GOD = Generator, Organizer, Deliverer. Human beings can do all three, confirmed by the message in our DNA, of which the first level de-coded reads; "God Eternal Within The Body"

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Although I agree in the facts of the situations, and you even earned a star for it, I disagree that a fairytale can overturn empires and make about 1/4th of the worlds population into believing the fairytale is fact. There are loads of blunders and errors, inconsistent historical records, impossible scenarios etc. But it's still the best story ever told, and if something is as good as this, there has to be something to it. It's either a well played hoax made to test humanity, or it is simply the records of a catastrophy which went well despite all odds.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

GOD = Generator, Organizer, Deliverer. Human beings can do all three, confirmed by the message in our DNA, of which the first level de-coded reads; "God Eternal Within The Body"

I take it you don't realize that Gregg Bradon is one of the biggest jokes in science. He's not a scientist, and knows nothing about DNA. He's a computer nerd. And a super-christian.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Who's Gregg Braden?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've been doing a bit of thinking about this lately. I was raised a passive catholic and found it easy to escape the clutches. It never felt right to me, I only ever made myself beleive it cause I felt guilt and fear if I denied the dogma I was being fed. Luckily as I grew older and had less and less contact with the Church I started to think outside the Jesus box. To me it really does seem like an elaborate form of social control. I have been listening to the likes of Icke, Tsarion and Manly P. Hall and I am aware that some beleive they are disinfo and part of the conspiracy to do away with Christianity and bring in the new world order religion. I keep that in the back of my mind but I must admit a lot of what they say makes sense. It does seem to me that the stories in the bible are remakes of old stories. Mithra with the cross symbolism and the recurring dates. Death and resurrection, virgin births etc. The whole astrological argument is quite compelling also, how the bible is basically an astrotheological literary hybrid. Perhaps theres no merit in it and it is an elaborate attempt to turn people away from god by satan himself (lol).

I know Christians cannot and will not accept any of this or perhaps even twist it as some sort of evidence that it proves the story, but I just don't know.

I know Manly P. Hall was a 33' mason and that would make him evil and a satan worshipper for most, but he makes more sense than any sermon I have heard in church.

Mythology's last gods by William harwood is a good read. he was raised a beleiver and turned from the Church after doing some research. The book is actually his PHD thesis. Perhaps he too is part of the conspiracy to destroy Christianity.

My sister is a Christian and I want to beleive but I can't. Christians take it all too literally as far as I am concerned, it just doesn't sit well with me.

If I'm going to a hell, I don't beleive in, because I have to deny the faculty of reason and logic, given to me by this so called God, in order to get in to a heaven, I also don't beleive in, then I guess i'm gonna burn.

Love you all

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Titan Uranus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Who's Gregg Braden?

The man that "decoded" the first level of DNA as saying, "god eternal within the body" or whatever it was.

He's also claimed that the giant red storm on Jupiter changed direction because of an increase in solar flares and sunspots. Firstly, the sun has been very quiet the past few years, and secondly, the storm has never ever changed direction.

The man is either looney or just wants to sell books. I'd say both. He's sort of like if Richard Dawkins started believing in God, and then made up some crap about evolutionary biology.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
On a silly Sunday sidewalk: The thing with "the Riddle" and "the Game", is that it is all but some recreational "fun" for the people who dies for you and me. And that people is really one person, and he gave all the fun away to his enemies in hope they would leave it there, being burnt over and over. Then again, don't we all love our enemies?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
True life after death will come from science. Either by clone, brain download or extenuation of your current cells it will come from science. All the religious who have come before that happens are worm dirt and nothing more just like the atheist.

It is imoral and a sin to humanity to deny science what it needs to research and develope the technology to preserve each of us.

Religion is denying us all an afterlife or imortality.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join