It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mighty Vulcan roar.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It is easy to be accurate when the information is posted six posts up and 8 days earlier

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ill be seeing the vulcan at farnborough on sunday! not been to an airshow since i was a kid!. probably about 28 years ago!. cant wait!.

thanks

rich

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I did a report a couple of years back on the development of the delta wing plan form stemming from the Avro 707 and the Vulcan. An excellent and intriguing plane and I'm looking forward to seeing it at Farnborough.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nice sound and looks but for me the only 2 engine sounds that do it for me are that of the merlin in the Spitfires, such a beautiful sound

And the Rumble of the Typhoons afterburner, it's one of the few things that wakes me up of a morning lol

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One of the most impressive takeoffs I've ever seen was one I witnessed on Okinawa.

Two F-104 Starfighters took off first , stood on their tails and lit their burners, looking way fast til the SR-71 Blackbird that took off after they did passed between like they were standing still, then the Blackbird lit its burners. The 104s looked like they were frozen in amber or something.

Awesome sound, awesome power....just incredible speed, going straight up.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Check the link here

www.youtube.com...

I would never have believed that this was possible wih a Vulcan Bomber !!??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As a kid living close to Biggin Hill we rarely seemed to miss a Battle of Britain airshow and possibly the most memorable experience to me was watching an English Electric Lightening Display team now my memory recalls only 3 aircraft but doing a google only led me to information of 9 aircraft called the firebirds so maybe the 3 I remember were a breakaway triple like the synchro pair of the Red Arrows.

The 3 I recall executed a very low pass and pull up vertical on full afterburn, 18 tons 33,000 pounds of thrust equals a better then one to one power ratio so they could climb 50,000 ft per minute, ( is this still a record), anyway I was transfixed by a wall of sound that filled my whole being and it was a lot worse for some people because as the sound subsided I could not help but notice St Johns Ambulance personnel attending to people who had passed out from the noise, I can't see them getting away with that in the present day of health and safety.

Here is a video of a similiar event but they are not executing the same manoveurs as the display I saw and of course you cannot hope to reproduce the sheer volume of noise in a video.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a bit gutted that the vulcan broke down before its scheduled display at farnborough on sunday!!! no F22 on sunday either!!! oh well, still a fantastic day.

thanks

rich

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by apacheman

Check the link here

www.youtube.com...

I would never have believed that this was possible wih a Vulcan Bomber !!??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

PD, if they can barrel roll in a Boeing 707, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem in a Vulcan.

Mind you, I still preferred the Victor - it just looked more ... sinister.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join