It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bizarre errors of the Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:
If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

(The above quote is from Revelation 22:18f)

For those who are interested in pursuing these matters seriously, I suggest The Apocalypse Unsealed by James Morgan Pryse; the fundamental message of which is that one cannot come even close to any serious understanding of that book without understanding the Eastern esoteric tradition known as "kundalini":

The seven churches are the seven chakras.

The seven trumpets are the seven emotions experienced at those chakras.

The seven seals refer to 1) the non-dualistic consciousness "Created by God" 2) the dualistic consciousness of "beast of the sea" "self"; 3) the dualistic consciousness of the "beast of the earth" 'thinker'; 4) the effects of this conflict of consciousness in the "space-time" reality; 5) the consequences in terms of sorrow and suffering as a result of the actions of the 'fallen' or dualistic consciousness; and 6 and 7, the ultimate resolution of the dualistic consciousness back into the non-dualistic consciousness.

I am discussing this in more detail under the thread "Resurrection" & 'Rebirth'; and there are also video representations of what I am talking about on my web page at:

after-the-false-peace.blogspot.com...

In any case, the most important aspect of the Revelation of John is that it had to be written in symbolism or it would have been destroyed by the Roman-Christian religious establishment; which claims to be following the Teaching of Jesus; but, instead, is following the Roman idolatry and pagan metaphysical doctrines of the Pharisee Paul--the direct consequence of which was the Holocaust.

Michael Cecil

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Most our esotheric systems, being them chachras, levels of awareness, or any other seven fold thingy having to do with religion have their origin in Sumer, 1-2-3-4-6-7-24-36-42-60-72-120-666-1,260-12,000 - 144,000.... Degrees of the Sky and the Earth (a hand equals 10 degrees) The thing is that we all follow an incredibly ancient way of perceiving this world. We really walk around measuring angles and calculating lengths, heights and widths, speed, weight, mass, radi and do advanced trigonometry in our brains at any time, it's just that only a few knows how to express it with symbols and doctrine. It's the same with the apocalypse. We all carry 666 in our right hands. It's just that it doesn't matter, for the Number of the shuttlesucker is 616, not 666.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So WTF did you all go when I sounded the oobviouys!

edit: o=p

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

One example: Between chapters 12 and 13 some copies say: "And it (the Dragon/Satan) stood upon the sand by the shore". Others have: "And I (John the Revelatior) stood upon the sand by the shore".

and which version made it into the "official" bible ? sorry i am not bible-proof at all. or are there different versions of the bible, like there are so many different churches and christian communities ?

Most translations seem to use "and I was upon the sand by the shore."

The one I was left with said 'the Dragon/and he was on the sand by the shore...."""""""

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Another Error is the mistaken interpretation of the "Great Seal". Whereas, a scroll was opened, as if eyes of those with mouths as in same, and they seen it. Then, they made it all happen.

Stupid B.S. Pro's at it, and probably liscensed.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Now back to the OP...

The number of the beast in the oldest known remaining manuscripts of the Apocalypse of John is the number 616, not 666 as it is written now. The original book was also written in Hebrew/Aramaic, like most of the other non-Paulian texts in NT

John's book of revelation was written in Greek, as well as John's gospel and his 3 epistles...

One example: Between chapters 12 and 13 some copies say: "And it (the Dragon/Satan) stood upon the sand by the shore". Others have: "And I (John the Revelatior) stood upon the sand by the shore".

The greek text leaves no room for this translation mistake: εσταθην means I, in the past or "I was"

As you see, editing a single word turns the whole scenario upside down. The same goes with the 616 and 666 thingy, and quite a few more, and I believe the reason why the early church changed 616 into 666 would be the following: Yeshuah/Jesjuah (Heb.: Jod [10] Sjin [300] Vav [6] Ajin [70] [gematria sum: 386]) is the name of the Lord transliterated from Hebrew into Roman letters like we would write it in nearly any Western language. However, the name Yeshua, if you translate it -- instead of transliterating it -- into Latin it becoms Jesvs/Jesus. If you take the Hebrew numeric value of the Latin name Jesus you get 616 [Heb.: Jod [10] Niqqud [0] Sjin [300] Vav [6] Sjin [300] [gematria sum: 616]. My theory is, that when the Roman Church realised this, they edited it out of the text and put in the pyramid number 666, which also is the sum of the six first Roman numerals (I+V+X+L+C+D=666), and also the Gematria sum of "Emperor Nero" written in Hebro-Aramaic which becomes NRVN KSR or Nun [50] Resj [200] Vav [6] Nun [50] Kaf [100] Sjin [300] Resj [200] [Gematria sum: 666]. Interestingly, if you leave out the Nun in the end of Nero in in Hebrew: NRV KSR (instead of NRVN KSR), the gematria sum becomes 616. So like you see, editing out a single letter turns the sum of Emperor Nero in Aramaic from 666 into 616, so it follows the same pattern as the above mentioned "errors" of the Apocalypse.

If you follow this pattern of probabilities, thousand of names will turn into 666 if you transliterate or distort it whatever way you want, you may even find some odd ones.
I wouldn't assume this prophecy is about trial and errors like you put it. It should mean only one thing, or person. If it's not obvious who it is, it's still considered a "sealed" prophecy, it's time hasn't came yet.

There are thousands of different versions of the books of the Bible, either handwritten or later printed, and like I said in my OP, there are typos and errors in nearly all of them.

Ever heard about the Dead Sea Scrolls? Bible manuscripts dating from ~150BC that when compared to the copies or variants we have today, show only few minor differences, leaving the message unchanged?

Simple google searches would answer your "bizarre errors" questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

John's book MAY have been written in Greek, atleast partially, but since John was an Aramaic speaking Jew, it was most certainly first written in Hebrew or Aramaic. And we have a buncg of "originals" only none of them are. There are curious "mistakes" and "errors" in nearly all of them and like my OP says, they are often quite bizarre.

616 was probably changed to 666 because they realised "Jesus" equalled 616 in Latin/Hebrew hybrid and that they believed the beast was Nero, so they assumed it was a mistranslation. But all the oldest MSs we have carry 616, not 666 as the number of the beast.

[edit on 27/8/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join