It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘Civilian expeditionary force’ can aid wearied troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded," Obama said.

That line conjures up many notions of social herding by government. It plays to both sides, pro & con regarding the "civilian force".

Department of Defense Directive 1404.10, dated January 23, 2009, set up a "Civilian Expeditionary Workforce" that would "be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations; humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability operations."

restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability operations...That line really gives it away in my opinion as to what this will turn into.

Depending on the classification of it will give the biggest clue. If its set up to operate like the military or another gov agency then you can bet some black ops will be going on. If its operated like a local "civilian police type agency" then it too, will probably have a very discreet role. The role of this civvy force is already being mandated by the directive to have the ability to operate within a law enforcement capacity.

Link to source & story

[edit on 7/4/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The wearied troops! The traumatised troops! The murdered troops!

Lead this relief force, Obama!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Ya gonna join up?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How would this civilian force be different than Government run military forces?

" Just as Funded' - Who is he kidding? We spend Billions each year on our military forces.. now he wants to do this for a civilian army?

If "Civilian" Who would they answer to? To me this would be just another Government run military force under a different name.

" civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded"

Obama don't want this. If civilians had this kind of power we would be that much closer to over throwing this corrupt government to re-establish the republic.

I Pledge allegiance to the Flag of The United States of America, And to The REPUBLIC for which it stands. One Nation, Under GOD, Indivisible, with Justice and Liberty for All.

I do Not pledge allegiance to flag that represents a corrupt tyrannical government that has removed the meaning of the Republic and moral leadership of God from our way of life. Who seeks to pervert Justice for it's own uses and takes away our Liberties.

Something to consider on this 4th of July.

She is Your land, she is My land, time to take Her back.

Happy Independence Day America !

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I don't think that many understand the important implications should this concept become reality, is that our daily lives and activitys will be potentially monitored by people all around us. Setting up the environment for HUMINT based gathering and reporting to the powers that be along with their elitists.

Its not a myth. Its an actual program.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the Nazi SS. Every good dictator needs a personal police force that takes orders only from them. Am I on to something? I sure hope not.

And just to set the record straight I dont know if this is what he is doing but something feels wrong about it. And just imagine if the power falls into the wrong hands down the line.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I dont know if this is what he is doing but something feels wrong about it.

Thats a good way to say it

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Thanks I wish I could see what is going on. I wish we could all see. Something feels wrong about the last 10 years in America. Ever since 9/11 America is not America anymore.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

...ready to deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations; humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability operations."

Yeah like we don't have enough law enforcement and mercenary corporations here already. A 600 billion dollar defense budget, god knows what kind of black project funding, and the most expensive Federal, State and Local Law enforcement in the world just isn't enough for them to police the world and conduct 'stability operations', they need Joe Public to pitch in and do their part as well.
Gross.
No Brown Shirt for me thank you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I agree with you. I'm afraid they will create a social spy network under our feet. Then what...?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Part of it seems like he just wants to send construction workers and people like them to other countries to help rebuild them.

I imagine, for the most part, that it would be cheaper than having soldiers do all the leg work. They could be paid minimum wage and not have all the insurance that a soldier has. The government also wouldn't have to pay to train them. There must not be enough soldiers.

A lot of the positions could even be volunteer work.

As for the civilian security force. Don't we already have a number of mercenary groups that fit the bill?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is the thing now guys, just say NO. And while you're at it say no, in emails, letters, phone calls to everything and denounce them, say , they, and the other leaders, all the political bloodlines, do not represent you any more, you are free and stand for a world of peace, equality, prosperity for all, run from the bottom up. They are fired. They wont like those letters and it ends Karma or their attempt for a negative harvest. Talk to neighbors and friends and ensure no one will ever fall for this crap.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hmmmm...Obama has his own little army of Brownshirts.

Yeah, send them overseas. I wonder how long they'll last after the first IED kills them? And how long with the public go along with this?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just in case you're interested, there is also some discussion about this topic here.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

["Hmmmm...Obama has his own little army of Brownshirts.:] end quote

Yes he does, their call The New Black Panthers and it would appear that Holder is their protector appointed by Obama. Remember: Holder called the U.S. a "nation of cowards".
I got his Coward right here.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

As for the civilian security force. Don't we already have a number of mercenary groups that fit the bill?

Xe and the Blackwater lot are all in the Gulf states. Along with Wackenhut, S4, Omega Security Associates, Halliburton and the typcial bunch. All on the Gov's books and funded by you and I.

Ain't that a hoot?!

new topics

top topics

join