It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Concentration Camps

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Are there any camps in Florida? The Interior of florida is vast and the climate perfect to house inmates. Durring WWII there were many camps that housed german and Italian Soliders captured in North Africa, there was a camp In Dade City Florida Just North of Tampa . I would love to investigate if there are any in the area.

Jason

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm thinking they could easily turn those old Japanese interment camps into gulags. Don't think it couldn't happen in America--land of the free IN NAME ONLY.

And who's to say they wouldn't ship you off overseas to a camp there? I think some of that was in what would have been Patriot Act 2--they could take you to literally God-knows-where and not have to tell your family and friends.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This topic just came up in another thread.

I believe that we now know 1 possible use for these new prison camps that the government has built.

HR-1528 Sensenbrunner - will make it possible to arrest almost any citizen.

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

Originally posted by Sugarlump
... so think about it, this law will make every single US citizen able to be imprisoned at any time for two years.
Do we really want a (Our Government) who have proven themselves this recklessly irresponsible so many times having that kind of power over us?

Thats exactly how they will use it, and they pass it off under the guise of protecting american's most vulnerable!

Well... they did build all of those prison camps all accross the country, and everyone was wondering what they were going to do with them...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Suprise, Suprise ... they planned on actually using them!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

HR-1528 Sensenbrunner - will make it possible to arrest almost any citizen.

HR 1528 toughens sentencing laws for drug dealers who sell to children. The only people who would oppose that bill is... let's see...

drug dealers who sell to children?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jasestrong
Are there any camps in Florida? The Interior of florida is vast and the climate perfect to house inmates. Durring WWII there were many camps that housed german and Italian Soliders captured in North Africa, there was a camp In Dade City Florida Just North of Tampa . I would love to investigate if there are any in the area.
Jason

People have speculated that Avon Park Bombing Range’s prison is set up for similar purposes. Below is a link to the prison that shares the same area with the bombing range, funny thing I noticed is who it is that mans the main gates to this facility…. Department of Corrections personnel.

Avon Park Correctional Institution
Directions: From Florida Highway 27 turn east on Highway 64 at the city of Avon Park. Travel east 10 miles on Highway 64 until the road ends at the Avon Park Air Force Bombing Range. Avon Park C.I. correctional staff man the main gate of the facility 24 hours 7 days a week. The institution lies approximately one mile east of the main gate.

Here is the ranges official page, which links a MAP clearly showing this facility is within the black boarder of the ranges property.

So my question to this is how can a state corrections institute be located on a federal military base, unless its truly a federal prison?

[edit on 6/13/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
I'm disappointed.

I want there to be a secret POW camp near where I live. I feel left out.

Are there any links to one in northern California?

Dave I'm from Stockton, CA, and I've been looking for one near here so I could go check it out for myself. If you find one let me know, and I'll do the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Iv been interested in this for a long time. I think its real.

Anyway, onto the topic, has anyone connected the National ID cards with this? I havnt read through all 5 pages because I just dont have the time so if someone's already brought this up forgive me.

They just passed the National ID cards that are to go into effect in 2008. Does anyone think these cards could be used as a type of filing system for the citizens? (ie. not having the card = going to prison camp) It would make since for the size and ammount of these camps. After all these cards are being issued to put a clamp on terrorism in the US, so it would make since that anyone with out it would be considered a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
So my question to this is how can a state corrections institute be located on a federal military base, unless its truly a federal prison?

Many federal military sites/bases are multi-use facilities. Avon even allows camping, fishing, and hunting as long as the Air Force isn't training. Here in California, Camp Parks is a SAT-COM site, and weapons range....with two federal prisons on it.

BTW, this thread started out saying a certain 3 fenced in water facilities are covert prison camps....because of all the barbed wire.

Uh...city/county/state drinking water reservoirs are always fenced in to keep people, and their pollution, out.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The problem is that the barbed wire ontop arent facing outward to keep people out but facing inward to keep people in. The object of a water facility fence is to keep people out so they dont 1. Contaminate the water, and 2. Drown. So why would they have fences designed to keep people in?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
The problem is that the barbed wire ontop arent facing outward to keep people out but facing inward to keep people in. The object of a water facility fence is to keep people out so they dont 1. Contaminate the water, and 2. Drown. So why would they have fences designed to keep people in?

It may have more to do with local building codes and how close the fence is to the proeprty line than anything else.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why? If it was just some problem with the fence being to far out they'd just move it in rather than risk lowering the security. Its easier to climb a fence with inward wire than outward if you're trying to get in. It just doesnt make any since to have the wire pointed in rather than out.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
Many federal military sites/bases are multi-use facilities. Avon even allows camping, fishing, and hunting as long as the Air Force isn't training. Here in California, Camp Parks is a SAT-COM site, and weapons range....with two federal prisons on it.

I am saying this is true or false, simply that I have seen it listed as a possible site and I find it strange. Someone asked if there was anything like this in the Tampa area, and the answer is therefore yes.

I also understand that there are facilities that have to be built that allow MP units to train in field prisoner camp facility setup/running procedures, and I think that camps like the one in Grayling MI fall into this category.

I similarly realize that they allow camping and such there as well, but there is still one major issue between the base you’re talking about and this one. You stated that your base has two Federal prisons on it; this one has a State run prison on it, and not even just a prison it’s in fact a Prison/Work Camp. Since when is a State Corrections Facility, allowed to be run by those that have only State Law Enforcement Jurisdiction, allowed to be on what is otherwise a piece of Federal Property and therefore under Federal Law Enforcement Jurisdiction?

By way of example state police do not work at the airport here, they MUST be Federal to have jurisdiction, since the airport proper is Federal property. The Air Traffic personnel are FAA (also Federal), but the people that maintain the buildings and Lawn are HCAA (Hillsborough County Aviation Authority). So how can State personnel have jurisdiction over a facility on Federal land to be operating the facilities main gate area (State officers running a federal military base main gate), and holding prisoners in what must by definition be a federal prison. We are not talking about the same thing as state park rangers as obviously state personnel can maintain Federal facilities; we are talking about law enforcement officer jurisdiction to maintain a law enforcement facility.

Allow me to further explain why I find this both weird and an issue. When I worked for the airlines down here we were told that if we did anything that was illegal on the ramp it was a Federal Crime, since it happened on Federal Property. It would be dealt with by Federal Police Officer, and tried in a Federal Court, and you would end up in a Federal Prison. So lets just say, with that in mind, if there was a use of force incident at this State Prison, lets say a guard had to shoot an escapee, who’s jurisdiction would that fall under?

Would that guard have had a legal right to shoot the prisoner since he was outside his jurisdiction and on Federal land? Who would investigate this? Who would hear the case? And finally if it was not a clean shoot, where would this guard end up going to prison him/her self?

BTW, this thread started out saying a certain 3 fenced in water facilities are covert prison camps....because of all the barbed wire.

Another user had tried to start a new thread on this topic and was sent to this thread, along with several others, so if the Mods are going to make every other topic that falls into this subject go on this thread, don’t expect the topic to remain on the initial post.

Uh...city/county/state drinking water reservoirs are always fenced in to keep people, and their pollution, out.

No argument there, I will even add to this to say its not uncommon to even have a artificial hill built to obstruct the view of what is on the other side of those fences as well, especially if its something that the public would consider an eyesore, or would make the property value decrease.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Many sites point to a FEMA concentration camp at Ft. Huachuca, near Tucson. I will be driving down there Thursday to see Journey in concert. I plan on making a side trip to check it out. I was able to find a government map of the base, so I am hopefully able to figure out good, plausible locations for it. Anybody have any specific knowledge?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
...how can a state corrections institute be located on a federal military base, unless its truly a federal prison?

The federal government is authorized to lease land on military bases for state correctional facilities. Here are the (endless) regulations covering such situations.

Here's the most relevant part:

Sources of civilian inmate labor are limited to on– and off–post Federal corrections facilities, State and/or local corrections facilities operating from on–post prison camps pursuant to leases under Section
2667, Title 10, United States Code (10 USC 2667), and off–post State corrections facilities participating in the demonstration project authorized under Section 1065, Public Law (PL) 103–337.

It is not Army policy to solicit offers from correctional systems to establish civilian inmate prison camps on Army installations. Nevertheless, the Army recognizes that these correctional systems may approach installations to lease land on which to build corrections facilities, or to lease unoccupied facilities. The Army will evaluate requests to establish civilian inmate prison camps on Army installations on a case by case basis. These prison camps will house minimum and low security inmates, as determined by the correctional systems. However, the Army’s primary purpose for
allowing establishment of prison camps on Army installations is to use the resident nonviolent civilian inmate labor pool to work on the leased portions of the installation.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CGB_Spender
I will tell what these camps are for. they are for arabs in the U.S. there is a massive influx arabs in europe and the U.S. in the event that another attack takes place in the U.S. the arabs-americans will be rounded up and put into these camps.

You are Partly Right, These Camps are gonna Be Used on Anybody who shows Resistance towards the New World Order. People it is coming and it is right around the corner. When the Police State (Martial Law) begins it is going to be Hell in the United States.. My advise to EVERYONE, if a Policeman or Government Official comes to Your Home and says You Need to Meet them Some place to Be Relocated to a safe place, Run as Fast as U Can.. DO NOT TRUST THEM, and DO NOT TAKE THERE MICROCHIP, Anyone wanting the Information I Have on Our Sick Dark Government please Contact me at Budda362_2004@yahoo,com I Have about 4 and a Half Years worth of Documents.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Jason

Good Thinking Jason, I Live Next to 2 myself here in Kentucky and I am Gonna investigate them and Take pictures and Post them on My Yahoo Group.. Come and Visit, I Have Info there as Well, and Gathering More...
When I have Done The Checking I Will Post the Pictures...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Jason

Here is a List of Camps in Florida Jason Have Fun Friend

Avon Park - Air Force gunnery range, Avon Park has an on-base "correctional facility" which was a former WWII detention camp.
Camp Krome - DoJ detention/interrogation center, Rex 84 facility
Eglin AFB - This base is over 30 miles long, from Pensacola to Hwy 331 in De Funiak Springs. High capacity facility, presently manned and populated with some prisoners.
Pensacola - Federal Prison Camp
Everglades - It is believed that a facility may be carved out of the wilds here.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan

Originally posted by dave_54
I'm disappointed.

I want there to be a secret POW camp near where I live. I feel left out.

Are there any links to one in northern California?

Dave I'm from Stockton, CA, and I've been looking for one near here so I could go check it out for myself. If you find one let me know, and I'll do the same.

Here is a List For California... EnJoY
Vandenburg AFB - Rex 84 facility, located near Lompoc & Santa Maria. Internment facility is located near the oceanside, close to Space Launch Complex #6, also called "Slick Six". The launch site has had "a flawless failure record" and is rarely used.
Norton AFB - (closed base) now staffed with UN according to some sources.
Tule Lake - area of "wildlife refuge", accessible by unpaved road, just inside Modoc County.
Fort Ord - Closed in 1994, this facility is now an urban warfare training center for US and foreign troops, and may have some "P.O.W. - C.I." enclosures.
Twentynine Palms Marine Base - Birthplace of the infamous "Would you shoot American citizens?" Quiz. New camps being built on "back 40".
Oakdale - Rex 84 camp capable of holding at least 20,000 people. 90 mi. East of San Francisco.
Terminal Island - (Long Beach) located next to naval shipyards operated by ChiCom shipping interests. Federal prison facility located here. Possible deportation point.
Ft. Irwin - FEMA facility near Barstow. Base is designated inactive but has staffed camp.
McClellan AFB - facility capable for 30,000 - 35,000
Sacramento - Army Depot - No specific information at this time.
Mather AFB - Road to facility is blocked off by cement barriers and a stop sign. Sign states area is restricted; as of 1997 there were barbed wire fences pointing inward, a row of stadium lights pointed toward an empty field, etc. Black boxes on poles may have been cameras.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Twentynine Palms Marine Base - Birthplace of the infamous "Would you shoot American citizens?" Quiz. New camps being built on "back 40".

The 'back 40' is a weapons range for tanks. There is nothing out there, just sand, and more sand. 29 Palms has currently a single Marine Regiment, the 7th Marines. There is also an armor brigade, as well as a detachment of arty from the 11th Marines from Pendleton. Its primarily a desert training facility for the Marine Corps, not a secret base for concentration camps.

Some of you people jump to conclusions too fast. I have been to many bases, and granted, there are secret areas, but those areas mostly are for research and development and military prisons.

This base at least is safe from Bushes supposed NWO.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Budda362_2004
Avon Park - Air Force gunnery range, Avon Park has an on-base "correctional facility" which was a former WWII detention camp.

Actually, the purpose of the Avon Park Bombing Range during the war was the same as it is now, a training base and bombing range. No detention camp.

I would really like to see a source for the use of the range as a WWII detention camp. I see the exact quote above repeated many times on the net, but no documentation.

During World War II, the site was known as Avon Park Army Air Field and was used as a training base for B-17 Aircraft Crews for air-to-ground bombing. According to a 10 April 1942 newspaper article, the Army Air Forces would begin bombing AAvon Park General Bombing Range with bombs ranging in size from 15 lb practice bombs to 2000 lb. demolition bombs containing 2 ton of high explosives. Avon Park AAF had twenty-six thousand M1A1 practice bombs stored in an open area on 3 July 1945.

I also don't understand the use of quotes in "correctional facility". Avon Park Correctional Institution is a fully functioning facility. I know many people that work there and have been there many times. ( Just visiting )

[edit on 7/9/2005 by eaglewingz]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join