It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Australia treats its illegal immegrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Its great that Australia stands apart from such repressive and inhumane regimes to present a standard of humanity that the rest of the world should aim for - makes me incredibly proud that some countries are able to not merely talk about being progressive - but actually act it.

It is a small and incredibly proud step to have reversed the barbaric practices of the howard years - there is still much work to be done.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You only have to watch one episode of 'Nothing to Declare' to know that this is sensationalist garbage. If you haven't seen the program it basically shows how strict and efficient the Aussies are with issues such as illegal immigration. I suspect this email is a cut and pasted job where you fill in the blanks with the details of whatever country you want. It's interesting to see the change from illegal immigrants to refugees in the middle too. I think it borders on inhumane to not provide help for refugees. Got to love xenophobia, it's a fun word to say.

Having looked into moving out there myself when I graduate, I already know that if I don't intend on contributing I will be sent home. Also just wondering are these Australian dollars in the email or US?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think this site provides a nice counter balance to the OP.

Here is a snippet of the web page below. Really suggest anyone taking the OP seriously to have a gander.

The Courier Mail, the Brisbane tabloid newspaper published by Rupert Murdoch’s News Limited, published a page 3 article on June 25, 2008 claiming that the Australian Government was considering a plan to give illegal migrants the dole. Within hours of publication, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, released a statement, clearly stating that no such plan existed or was under consideration.

www.refugeecouncil.org.au...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Someone stated you guys need no guns, yet you have as bad of a problem with immigrants along with a proper share of good grievances.
it is a shame, but where the Americans have the edge is although not all of us can choose how we live due to environment, we can choose how we die, and maybe in the process make a statement.
I agree in a perfect world nobody would have guns, but history suggests this world is far from and going downhill in a hurry.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
dang, sounds like i should move to Australia and stay an illegal immigrant.

but none of you Aussies need to worry, i hate the heat, i would die in hours living in the conditions you are all accustomed too

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Alaskan Man]

Hate the heat, well live like the rest of Australians (86%) and live near the coast. I'm freezing here btw. Coldest winter in July for 60 years recorded last week!

I believe most of the boat people want a better life and are escaping some pretty harsh sh**. I'm proud to pay taxes that allow us humane treatment of our fellow man rather than imprison and silence (AKA China et al.).

[edit on 4/7/10 by Caveat Lector]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not too sure about the need for firearms to keep us safe.

Given the last Firearm Deaths Rate Per Country (2001) I saw seemed to indicate that for every 100,000 people in USA, 10 died by firearm.

For Australia for every 100,000 - 2 died by firearm.
I believe New Zealand also had something like just over 1 person per 100,000.

So thats something like 5 times higher than Australia.
10 times higher than here in NZ. But then we also rank as the most Peaceful Country in the World...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Yes you are quite right.
The last time I looked at the deaths by gunshot figures, Americans were actually six and a half times more likely to be shot dead than Aussies.

How many more were paralyzed, horribly crippled, disfigured, or incapacitated for the rest of their lives, I do not know. The figures are only for actual shooting fatalities.

Yet Americans SWEAR all these shooting deaths actually make America a much safer place.

Another laughable theory Americans have about Australia is "since you gave up your guns, crime in Australia has increased". And they even give links to official statistics to prove their case.

Yes crime certainly has increased since we handed in our guns.

But it has increased MUCH FASTER in armed to the teeth, vicious, violent America over the same period.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I hope change is in the wind, and glad Rudd got his dues. Rudd and the bleeding hearts going soft on asylum seekers and refugees - it was obvious the boats were coming in increasing numbers since rudd and his cronies took power. Sooner labour is out the better.

Bring back harsher disincentives for the snakeheads, freeloaders, que-jumpers and potential asylum seekers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluebird2

we should in no way be giving them so much it insults all the migrants that came and built this country over so many years

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join