It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS State of the Union Address on Independence Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's the 4th of July. Seems to me to be a good time for the people, rather than the President, to make some kind of "State of the Union" address. So, I'll start. Feel free to add what you like.

Madam Speaker, Vice President, members of Congress, distinguished guests, various respected members of government agencies monitoring the Internet, and fellow Americans:

From time to time, the people should be allowed to present to Congress information about the state of our union. For 220 years, our leaders have fulfilled this duty. Now it's our turn.

Congress, the executive branch, and perhaps even the Supreme Court have been deeply compromised by the growing power of lobbying. The nation faces a staggering and ever-increasing load of debt and obligations that has been estimated at over $40 trillion but is much likely larger. The borders are no longer secure, and just recently, members of a narcotics-trafficking gang of illegal aliens opened fire in broad daylight on El Paso City Hall in Texas. The US federal government response to this invasion: silence.

Meanwhile, although the nation seems hesitant to defend its own territory when invaded as described above, there is apparently no sign of abating enthusiasm by the government for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and indeed there are signs that military action against Iran is a growing possibility.

A disastrous oil spill continues to spew toxins that could impact tens of millions of citizens. How bad is it? Well, we don't really know, because the government, working together with a large oil company based in a foreign nation, has made sure that reporters, bloggers, scientists, and concerned citizens have minimal access to information and research around the spill site.

Unemployment continues at the highest rates since the Great Depression, and a "double dip" recession appears to be a foregone conclusion. The US reputation abroad remains deeply tarnished, and unrest at home is growing.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the state of the union in not strong.

[edit on 7/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just hope that some American-hating whack job doesn't decide to make a point on the celebration day of our Independence.

Happy 4th. Be safe.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I used to think that the elite weren't stupid enough to try a false flag on a major holiday, but the failed airplane bomber on Christmas last year proved me wrong, so I don't know anymore.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My State of the Union address might go a little something like this.

To all that can hear the sound of my voice, people please let us rise out of the shadows of corporations, environmental pollution, abuse of our children , mentally ill and elderly. Lets take back what we are, what we were, and what we will become in the future. Let us not neglect the fact that we are beings of the beautiful and plentiful planet Earth, and boy do we have some explaining to do, but not to the people that we thought would represent us, but lets do it ourselves, lets plant together, lets communicate with each other, lets realize that the pain and suffering has been far and wide, and our advancement should be shared.

Let us love one another not for what we have, but for who we are. We are strong, compassionate, and a loving people, although we may have forgotten. The time for the old of which we have grown accustom to, shall be replenished with the thoughtfulness and love of ONE!

So get to know your neighbors, help those in need, hug a child, call a parent, make a friend, we are all we have, lets make a change... Once and for ALL!!!!!

Peace to all...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's the 4th of July. Seems to me to be a good time for the people, rather than the President, to make some kind of "State of the Union" address. So, I'll start. Feel free to add what you like.

Madam Speaker, Vice President, members of Congress, distinguished guests, various respected members of government agencies monitoring the Internet, and fellow Americans:

Our world is confronted with the threat of a great body of men rising up, That includes you too Ladies....

robbo

new topics

top topics

join