It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Departments told to draw up plans for 40% spending cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Departments told to draw up plans for 40% spending cuts

news.bbc.co.uk

The Treasury has told most government departments to prepare "illustrative plans" to cut spending by 40% - as well as the expected 25% - within the month.
However, public sector unions are threatening "co-ordinated industrial action" if ministers try to implement cuts as deep as 40%
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Dark skies are forming over the United Kingdom at the moment. 40% cuts in the pipeline! This will affect lots of people in lots of different ways.

Hard times ahead I would say, not just for the UK either.

Maybe some UK member can give their own point of view on this situation. Is it needed? Is it justified? Are the cuts in the right places? How do you see life in the UK in 1yrs time, 5yrs time, 10yrs time?

Thoughts?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If you are in the US, read this. UK is cutting, Germany cutting spending, Greece, Spain, Portugal, doomed, France, riots over retirement age. It's coming here. We have no money, no credit, no, um, hope and change. If you are broke and want change, you find a job, even flipping burgers.

Do you really think the corporations, the unions (SEIU) will let let this happen here?

It's going to be more government "revenue" i.e. taxes, that they must impose on us to save us all.

Stand now UK, stand now US, or it's all of us eating a big (snip) sandwich, with nothing to wash it down.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I was listening to the radio in bed last night, just after these reports about the cuts came out. It was a phone and at least 2 of the callers were disabled were terrified about the proposed cuts to their benefits. It just made me feel very angry that the poorest and most vulnerable in society are being targeted in such a way.
We lose 15 x's more in tax evaision in this country than we do to benefit fraud. So its ok for the rich to fiddle their taxes, but as a disabled person one must jump through hoops in order to get enough money to just live a normal life

These cuts are going to be hitting the poor the hardest, children and working families.

What a horrible government we have, using scare tactics on the public to soften them up for these cuts.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just for info

This was a thread started last night by Bunnies or something....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just FYI.....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Cheers Dog, but not in Breaking Alternative News. Thanks for the info tho ;-)

reply to post by salchanra

I reckon the U.S. will have a Civil War in the next few years. Things are sliding downhill.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well i'm sick of paying for all these non-jobs in local goverment that are pushing PC rules on us all becaue they have nothing better to do.

Little Hittlers and i can not wait for them to be removed.

They can riot just like the minners did under thatcher but unlike the minners that produced something worth having and doing a real days work these parasites do nothing and are not needed.

front line jobs need protecting because thats what i'm paying for but that does not mean the system is worth 50% of my income but the people deciding the cuts are all pen pushers and this is why we have this trouble.

Service were just as good 20 years ago when the number of people employed by the state were 50% lower than they are today so they can stick big goverment were the sun doesen't shine.

new topics

top topics

join