It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday U.S.A!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I placed this under current events because thats what it is

it is 12:20am where I am, 20 minutes into fourth of July! Even though America faces the biggest man made disaster ever, 2 wars, growing unrest among the masses, and an absolutely massive national debt. I think we need to take time to consider how good we still have it as Americans, I mean everyone(well not everyone but some) talks about how change needs to happen(which it does) and how we as Americans need to revolt against our government(which I completely disagree with) but the reality is as citizens of the United States we need to realize that we really do have it good compared to most countries, and to be honest I feel privileged to live in the United States of America. With such unsure times ahead of us, one thing is for sure, we'll endure, and we will rebound stronger than ever!

so heres to you U.S.A
Happy Birthday!

"Failure is not, when one falls but rather when he fails to get up" Omer Kayani
keep on getting up america!

XxRagingxPandaxX

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

[edit on 4-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, OP.

Happy Fourth of July, America. Let freedom ring.

And may God Bless the United States of America in this dark hour of national need.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yay! For sure I will be celebrating, using illegal fireworks to try to recreate the "rockets red glare".

No matter what I think about the way humans operated in 1776, and prior to that, and still today, there is still much good that can be celebrated concerning the beginning of a great experiment in a democratic-republic nation!

As I cook the baby back ribs, while my youngest granddaughter plays in a tiny baby pool, and the older ones sneak off behind the sheds and barn to get a quick smooch from their boyfriends, and us jaded adults speak of our disgust with the politicians and don't agree 100 percent with each other and we drink foreign beers because American beer makers no longer know what a good goddamn beer is supposed to be about,

I will have a damn good time!!! This is my favorite holiday. It's a happy holiday. Not like Memorial Day, the beginning of "summer" and Labor Day. the end of suimmer. This is a glorious day to celebrate while the sun sears our bodies, and it's just a really good time.

Did I mention that I am a skofflaw and set off illegal fireworks?

Always have since I have been an adult and always will. lol And when I am too old to drive to Tennessee or Indiana, I will have one of my offspring drive me there. And when I am so damn old that I can no longer light a match myself to light a firecracker, I will be like Grandpa in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. My offsprings will help me out. lol They will light the match and put it in my hand, and another one will hold that beyatch firecracker down so I can set it off.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thank you all so much and I wish you all a happy 4th of July!

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yeah, Happy celebration of the Independence from a Tyrannical government.

Line2

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

I agree!
Whendo we get this by the way?
Cuz I wanna do some fireworks on that day.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to USA,
Happy birthday to you,

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm very jealous!

I was born in America but my Mom moved us to England when I was a kid.Obviously they don't celebrate it in England (well I make my kids celebrate it!!)
I yearn for proper pumpkin pie and spent a lot of my morning on the American food sights looking where I can buy American candy,Canned pumpkin and cool whip,Lucky stars,Twinkies and Kraft macaroni and cheese in a box.
I need these things!!! Now I just have to persuade my husband that paying £6.97 for a box of Fruit loops is a good thing.(he thinks a £2 box of cereal is expensive!!)
As I type my daughter has given me a picture of an American flag because she felt sorry for me!!!

Wish I was there I hope you all have a fabulous 4th of July.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As tough as these times are, I know that things will only get tougher.

My solace lies in the non-arguable fact that when SHTF, Americans put aside their petty differences and come together in support of each other and of their county.

We may bicker like siblings. We may fight each other tooth and nail. But when it all boils down, any of us would gladly give our lives for our countrymen.

I am proud of my my state, and proud of my nationality. I would not want to live anywhere else in this universe.

God bless Texas, and God bless the United States of America!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My family and friends will meet at my home to celebrate this honorable day in a couple of hours.

Without a doubt the conversation will quickly turn to our government and the BP mega disaster.

Honestly, I don't feel like celebrating.

I am proud to be an American but my eyes are set on the coming battle to save our country.

God bless America and all my ATS friends.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sorry I did'nt mean to be frivolous talking about food when there is so much to be worried and concerned about in the U.S right now.

I apologize.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, why not?

Happy 234 birthday!!

PS: I wonder if I will remember in October to celebrate Portugal's birthday.

top topics

join